Delicious Homemade Apple Pie Recipe
I have been baking my famous apple pie since I was a little girl. The aroma of the freshly baked apples, cinnamon, and nutmeg brings back so many memories. The sweet and tart combination of the apples creates a perfect balance of flavor. It’s the perfect dessert for any occasion. I’m so excited to share my recipe with you so you can experience it too!
Apple Pie Recipe
- 4 large apples, peeled and cored
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cold butter, cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 (9-inch) unbaked pie crusts
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F.
- Peel and core 4 large apples and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the granulated sugar, light brown sugar, ground cinnamon, ground nutmeg, ground cloves, all-purpose flour, and salt.
- Cut the cold butter into small cubes and add to the bowl.
- Add the apples to the bowl and mix everything together until the apples are evenly coated.
- Take one of the unbaked pie crusts and place it into a 9-inch pie plate.
- Pour the apple mixture into the pie plate and spread out evenly.
- Take the other unbaked pie crust and carefully place it over the top of the pie.
- Use a knife to cut a few slits in the top crust of the pie.
- Bake the pie in the preheated oven for about 90 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown and the apples are tender.
- Let the pie cool for about 15 minutes before slicing and serving. Enjoy!
- Calories: 395 kcal
- Carbohydrates: 79 g
- Protein: 4 g
- Fat: 10 g
- Saturated Fat: 7 g
- Cholesterol: 15 mg
- Sodium: 211 mg
- Potassium: 130 mg
- Fiber: 5 g
- Sugar: 44 g
- Vitamin A: 315 IU
- Vitamin C: 4 mg
- Calcium: 32 mg
- Iron: 2 mg
What makes apple pie so special?
You may be wondering what it is that makes apple pie so special? Well, let us tell you – it’s the perfect combination of a crisp, buttery crust and a sweet, flavorful filling of tart apples. The way the juicy apples, cinnamon, and sugar blend together as they bake creates an unbeatable flavor. But we’d be remiss not to mention the buttery, flaky crust – it’s the finishing touch that takes apple pie to the next level!
Apple pie has been a staple dessert for generations, and it’s easy to see why. The flavor of the apples, cinnamon, and sugar together create an undeniably delicious combination that’s hard to resist. Plus, the buttery crust seals in all the flavor and adds a wonderful texture. There’s nothing quite like it!
It’s not just the flavor of apple pie that makes it so special, either. It’s the memories associated with the dessert that make it particularly special. For many people, apple pie is a fond childhood memory, a reminder of family gatherings and time spent around the table with loved ones. It’s a dessert that can bring people together and create lasting memories.
No matter the occasion, apple pie is sure to be a hit. With its perfect balance of sweet and tart, silky filling and flaky crust, it’s no wonder why apple pie is such a classic dessert.
What are the ingredients for a delicious apple pie?
If you want to make a delicious apple pie, you’ll need a few simple ingredients. You’ll need a 9-inch deep dish pie crust, five cups of peeled and sliced apples, ¾ cup of sugar, ¼ teaspoon of salt, 2 tablespoons of all-purpose flour, 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon, ½ teaspoon of ground nutmeg, and 6 tablespoons of butter.
Now that you know what ingredients you’ll need, it’s time to get baking! Preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Then, roll out your 9-inch deep dish pie crust and place it in the pie pan. In a separate bowl, mix together the sugar, salt, flour, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Place the sliced apples in the crust and sprinkle the sugar mixture over them. Dot the top of the apples with the butter and cover the pie with the top crust. Cut several slits in the top of the crust and place the pie on the center rack in the oven. Bake the pie for 45 minutes or until the crust is golden brown.
When you’re done baking, your delicious apple pie will be ready to enjoy! With just a few simple ingredients, you’ll be able to make a delicious pie that your friends and family will love.
What are some tips for making a perfect apple pie?
If you want to make a perfect apple pie, here are some tips to help you get it just right:
- Gather the freshest ingredients you can find. Apples, sugar, butter, flour, and spices should all be of the highest quality.
- Make sure you have the right tools. A sharp knife, a rolling pin, and a 9-inch pie dish are all necessary to create a delicious apple pie.
- Roll out the crust. Be sure to roll it out evenly and to the correct size for the pie dish.
- Peel, core, and slice the apples. Try to make the slices thin and uniform so they will cook evenly.
- Mix together the filling ingredients. The filling should be sweet, but not too sweet.
- Place the apples in the prepared pie dish and pour the filling over them. Make sure to spread it out evenly.
- Place the top crust over the filling and crimp the edges.
- Cut slits in the top crust to allow the steam to escape.
- Bake the pie at 375 degrees for 45 minutes to an hour. Check it periodically to make sure it does not burn.
- Let the pie cool before serving.
What are the steps for making a classic apple pie?
Making a classic apple pie is a simple and rewarding process! It’s a timeless dessert that’s sure to be a hit with family and friends. Here are the steps to follow to make a classic apple pie:
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Prepare the crust: In a bowl, mix together 2 cups of all-purpose flour and 1 teaspoon of salt. Next, cut in 1/2 cup of shortening and 1/4 cup of cold butter until the mixture has crumbly texture. Finally, add 3 to 4 tablespoons of cold water and mix until the dough forms a ball.
- Place the dough on a lightly floured surface and roll out into a circle that’s about two inches larger than your pie plate. Place it into the pie plate and flute the edges.
- Prepare the filling: Peel, core, and thinly slice 6 to 8 apples. In a separate bowl, mix together 1/2 cup of sugar, 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon, and 2 tablespoons of all-purpose flour.
- Place the apples in the pie crust and sprinkle the sugar mixture over the top. Dot with 2 tablespoons of butter.
- Place the top crust over the pie and pinch the edges together to seal. Cut 5 or 6 slits in the top of the crust.
- Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour. If the crust begins to brown too quickly, cover it with aluminum foil.
- Let cool before serving.
What are some delicious variations of apple pie?
You can’t go wrong with a classic apple pie, but why not shake things up and make something new? If you’re looking to explore the delicious variations of apple pie, you’re in luck! From crumbles to crisps and galettes, there’s no shortage of creative, tasty options for a delicious apple pie.
One of the most popular variations of apple pie is the crumb pie. To make a crumb pie, top your traditional apple pie filling with a crumb topping made from a mix of brown sugar, flour, butter and spices like cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger. The result is a crunchy, sweet topping that is the perfect complement to the tart apple filling.
If you’re looking for something a little lighter, you can’t go wrong with a crisp or a crumble. To make a crisp or crumble, top your apple pie filling with a mix of butter, oats, flour, and sugar. Bake in the oven and you’ll get a golden, crunchy topping that perfectly contrasts the sweet, soft apples below.
If you want something a bit more free-form, why not try a galette? A galette is a rustic, free-form tart or pie that’s made with a single round of pastry dough. To make a galette, roll out your pastry dough and fill it with your favorite apple pie filling. Fold up the edges of the dough over the filling and bake. You’ll get a crispy, flaky crust that’s oozing with warm, spiced apples.
So, don’t settle for the same old apple pie every time. With these delicious variations, you can explore a whole world of exciting new flavors that will have you falling in love with apple pie all over again.
How can you serve apple pie for a special occasion?
You can serve apple pie for a special occasion and make it extra special by dressing it up with some delicious toppings! Whether you’re hosting a dinner party, a birthday, or any other special gathering, you can never go wrong with apple pie. Here are some ideas to get you started.
First, you can top your pie with a scoop of ice cream. Vanilla is a classic choice, but you can also get creative with flavors like salted caramel or coffee. Serve a few scoops for an extra special touch.
Next, you can add a dollop of whipped cream. You can make your own or use the canned stuff for a quick and easy topping. Add a few sprinkles of cinnamon or nutmeg for a touch of spice.
You can also decorate your pie with some fresh fruit. Try adding a few slices of apples, pears or cranberries around the edge. You can also top with a few slices of banana, blueberries, or strawberries.
Finally, you can add a drizzle of caramel or chocolate sauce. This will give your apple pie a rich, decadent flavor. You can also use other sauces like raspberry or butterscotch.
No matter how you top your apple pie, you’re sure to make it a special treat for a special occasion. And with these ideas, you can make your pie look as good as it tastes.
What are some delicious toppings to add to an apple pie?
When it comes to topping off your apple pie, the possibilities are endless! To enhance the flavors of your apple filling, you can add a sprinkle of nutmeg or cinnamon, a dash of brown sugar, or even a splash of bourbon. For a more traditional topping, you can create a delicious crumble topping with butter, flour, rolled oats, brown sugar, and pecans or walnuts. For a more decadent option, try adding a sweet and salty combination of caramel, pretzels, and chocolate chips. And for an extra special touch, you can top your apple pie with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.