I’m excited to share with you my favorite air fryer recipe – air fryer sun-dried tomatoes! I’ve been making this recipe for years now and it never fails to amaze me. The sun-dried tomatoes turn out perfectly crunchy and flavorful every time. Not only are they delicious, they’re an incredibly healthy snack too! If you’re looking for a tasty treat that won’t break the bank, this is the perfect recipe for you.
Air Fryer Sun-Dried Tomatoes Recipe
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 4 cups halved cherry tomatoes
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat your air fryer to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a small bowl, combine the olive oil, Italian seasoning, onion powder, garlic powder, and dried rosemary. Mix until combined.
- Place the halved cherry tomatoes in a large bowl and pour the olive oil mixture over them. Gently mix until all of the tomatoes are evenly coated.
- Place the tomatoes in the air fryer basket in a single layer, making sure not to overcrowd the basket.
- Cook for 180 minutes, flipping the tomatoes halfway through cooking time.
- Remove the tomatoes from the air fryer and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Servings: 4
- Calories: 60
- Total Fat: 4.5g
- Saturated Fat: 0.6g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 130mg
- Total Carbohydrate: 5g
- Dietary Fiber: 1g
- Sugars: 2g
- Protein: 1g
Benefits of sun-dried tomatoes and why you should air fry them
Sun-dried tomatoes offer an abundance of health benefits and taste delicious when cooked in an air fryer. Here are some of the benefits of sun-dried tomatoes and why you should air fry them:
- Rich in Antioxidants: Sun-dried tomatoes are packed with antioxidants that help to protect your cells from damage by free radicals. The antioxidant content of air-fried sun-dried tomatoes is significantly higher than other cooking methods.
- High in Vitamin C: Sun-dried tomatoes are a great source of vitamin C, which helps to support the immune system and maintain healthy skin. Air-frying sun-dried tomatoes retains their high vitamin C content and increases the absorption of other nutrients.
- Low in Calories: Sun-dried tomatoes are naturally low in calories, making them an ideal snack for weight loss. Air-frying sun-dried tomatoes helps to reduce the fat content, making them even lower in calories and easier to digest.
- Versatile Cooking Option: Air-frying sun-dried tomatoes offers a versatile cooking option that can be used in a variety of dishes. They can be added to sandwiches, salads, pasta dishes, and more.
- Quick and Easy: Air-frying sun-dried tomatoes is a quick and easy way to cook them. The air fryer cooks the tomatoes faster than other cooking methods, making it perfect for busy weeknights.
These are just some of the many benefits of sun-dried tomatoes and why you should air fry them. Air-frying sun-dried tomatoes is a quick, easy, and delicious way to enjoy the health benefits of this nutrient-packed superfood.
Tips for selecting and storing sun-dried tomatoes
Select sun-dried tomatoes that are plump and evenly-colored. Look for tomatoes that are red, orange, or yellow in hue, with no sign of mold or discoloration.
- Store sun-dried tomatoes in an airtight container. This will keep them from absorbing moisture from the air and becoming soggy.
- Place the container in a cool, dark place, such as a pantry or cupboard.
- If you are not using the tomatoes immediately, store them in the refrigerator for up to one week.
- To extend the shelf life of sun-dried tomatoes, you can also freeze them. Freeze in an airtight container for up to three months.
How to use air fryer sun-dried tomatoes in recipes
Start by prepping the air fryer sun-dried tomatoes. They should be cut into small, even pieces.
- Once they are cut, place them evenly in the air fryer and cook them for 5-7 minutes. You want the tomatoes to be slightly crispy.
- Once cooked, add the tomatoes to your favorite recipes to give them an extra burst of flavor.
- Air fryer sun-dried tomatoes are a delicious addition to salads, sandwiches, pastas, pizzas, and more.
- You can also use air fryer sun-dried tomatoes as a topping for tacos, omelets, and roasted vegetables.
- For a special treat, try making air fryer sun-dried tomato chips. Simply cut the tomatoes into thin slices, season with salt and pepper, and cook in the air fryer for a few minutes until crispy.
- Enjoy your air fryer sun-dried tomatoes and experience the delicious flavor in all your favorite dishes.
Health benefits of eating air fryer sun-dried tomatoes
Air Fryer sun-dried tomatoes are a tasty, nutrient-dense food that can provide numerous health benefits. Here are some of the top ways eating sun-dried tomatoes can improve your health:
- High in Antioxidants: Sun-dried tomatoes are a great source of antioxidants, particularly lycopene, which can help reduce the risk of certain chronic illnesses such as heart disease and cancer.
- High in Fiber: Sun-dried tomatoes are packed with dietary fiber, which helps to keep your digestive system healthy and can help reduce cholesterol levels.
- Low in Calories: Sun-dried tomatoes are low in calories, making them a great snack for those trying to lose weight or maintain a healthy weight.
- High in Vitamins and Minerals: Sun-dried tomatoes are an excellent source of vitamins and minerals, including vitamin C, iron, and potassium.
- Low in Sodium: Sun-dried tomatoes are low in sodium, making them a great choice for those trying to reduce their sodium intake.
- Versatile: Sun-dried tomatoes can be used in a variety of dishes, from salads to pastas to sandwiches, adding flavor and texture to any meal.
Overall, eating Air Fryer sun-dried tomatoes can be a great addition to a healthy diet, as they are packed with nutrients and have numerous health benefits.
Troubleshooting tips for air-frying sun-dried tomatoes
Check the temperature of the air fryer to make sure it is hot enough to crisp the tomatoes. The ideal temperature is 375°F.
- Make sure to preheat the air fryer before adding the tomatoes. This will help them crisp up more quickly.
- Cut the tomatoes into thin slices before air frying them. This will help them cook evenly and make them easier to remove from the fryer.
- Add a small amount of oil to the tomatoes before air frying. This will help them crisp up and become golden brown.
- Shake the air fryer basket periodically to ensure the tomatoes are cooked evenly.
- Monitor the tomatoes closely to make sure they are not burning or overcooking.
- Serve the tomatoes immediately after air frying to retain their flavor and crispiness.