I’ve been making this amazing Oven-Baked Teriyaki Chicken Thighs recipe for years, and it never fails to impress. The sweet and savory flavor of the teriyaki marinade comes through perfectly in the tender, juicy chicken. Every time I make it, I get rave reviews from my family and friends—it’s that good. Trust me when I say, this recipe is a winner.
Oven-Baked Teriyaki Chicken Thighs Recipe
- 1 ½ pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- ½ cup pineapple juice
- ½ cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger root
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place chicken thighs in a shallow baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, mix together pineapple juice, soy sauce, water, rice vinegar, cornstarch, ginger root, garlic, and sesame seeds.
- Pour the mixture over the chicken thighs, making sure to evenly coat all sides.
- Bake in preheated oven for 40 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
- Once done, remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
- Servings: 4
- Calories: 240
- Total Fat: 7g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Cholesterol: 80mg
- Sodium: 600mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 10g
- Dietary Fiber: 1g
- Sugars: 7g
- Protein: 24g
Easy and delicious teriyaki chicken thighs recipe
This easy and delicious teriyaki chicken thighs recipe is the perfect way to make a flavorful meal in just a few simple steps. With just a few ingredients, you can make a delicious and healthy dinner that your family will love.
To make this oven-baked teriyaki chicken thighs recipe, start by preheating the oven to 375°F. Then, in a medium bowl, whisk together 1/4 cup of soy sauce, 1/4 cup of rice vinegar, 1/4 cup of honey, 1 tablespoon of sesame oil, 1 tablespoon of grated ginger, 2 cloves of minced garlic, and 1/4 teaspoon of pepper.
Next, place 4 boneless, skinless chicken thighs on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Pour the prepared teriyaki sauce over the chicken and use a spoon to evenly coat each thigh. Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes, flipping the thighs halfway through.
Remove the chicken from the oven and brush with additional teriyaki sauce. Bake for an additional 5-10 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and the sauce is lightly browned.
Serve the teriyaki chicken thighs over steamed rice with some steamed vegetables of your choice.
Health benefits of oven-baked teriyaki chicken thighs
Oven-baked teriyaki chicken thighs offer a number of health benefits, including the following:
- High-quality protein: Chicken thighs are a good source of lean protein, providing all of the essential amino acids needed to build and maintain strong muscles and bones.
- Low-fat content: Oven-baked teriyaki chicken thighs are a healthier option as they are lower in fat than other cuts of chicken.
- Rich in vitamins and minerals: Teriyaki chicken thighs are rich in vitamins and minerals, such as zinc, selenium, and potassium, which can help to reduce the risk of certain illnesses and diseases.
- Low-calorie meal: A serving of oven-baked teriyaki chicken thighs is low in calories, making it a good choice for those looking to lose weight or maintain a healthy weight.
- Great for meal prepping: Oven-baked teriyaki chicken thighs can be pre-cooked and stored in the refrigerator for up to four days, making them an excellent choice for meal prepping.
Tips and tricks for making the perfect oven-baked teriyaki chicken thighs
Start by marinating the chicken thighs for at least two hours. Use a mixture of soy sauce, honey, garlic, ginger and sesame oil to give it a nice flavor.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. While waiting for the oven to heat up, prepare the chicken thighs. Pat dry the chicken with paper towels and place them in a baking dish.
- Pour the marinade over the chicken and bake uncovered for 40-45 minutes.
- During the last few minutes of baking, turn up the oven temperature to 400 degrees Fahrenheit to give it a nice golden color.
- Remove the chicken from the oven and let it cool down for 5 minutes before serving.
- To make the perfect teriyaki sauce, mix equal parts soy sauce, honey, and rice wine vinegar.
- Drizzle the teriyaki sauce over the chicken and garnish with sesame seeds and green onions.
How to serve oven-baked teriyaki chicken thighs
Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Place the chicken thighs in a baking dish.
- Mix together 1/4 cup (60 ml) of soy sauce, 1/4 cup (60 ml) of mirin, 1/4 cup (60 ml) of brown sugar, 1 tablespoon (15 ml) of honey, 2 cloves of minced garlic, and 1 teaspoon (5 ml) of freshly grated ginger in a bowl.
- Pour the teriyaki sauce over the chicken thighs, making sure that each piece is fully coated.
- Bake the chicken thighs in the preheated oven for 30 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and the sauce is bubbly.
- Garnish with sesame seeds and green onions, if desired.
- Serve the oven-baked teriyaki chicken thighs with steamed rice and vegetables.
Different variations of oven-baked teriyaki chicken thighs
Oven-baked teriyaki chicken thighs can be prepared in a variety of different ways. Here are some of the most popular variations of this popular dish.
- Classic Teriyaki Chicken Thighs: This variation is a classic take on teriyaki chicken that is simple to prepare. All you need for this delicious dish is chicken thighs, teriyaki sauce, ginger, garlic, and sesame seeds. Once you’ve prepped your ingredients, simply marinate the chicken in the teriyaki sauce before baking it in the oven.
- Sweet and Spicy Teriyaki Chicken Thighs: For this variation, you’ll need to mix together a sweet and spicy teriyaki sauce. This sauce can be made with soy sauce, garlic, red pepper flakes, brown sugar, and a pinch of ginger. Once you’ve prepped the sauce, marinate the chicken in it and bake it in the oven.
- Honey Garlic Teriyaki Chicken Thighs: This variation combines the delectable flavor of honey with the sweet and savory flavor of teriyaki. To prepare this dish, you’ll need to make a honey garlic teriyaki sauce. This sauce can be made with garlic, honey, sesame oil, soy sauce, and ginger. Marinate the chicken in the sauce and bake it in the oven.
- Pineapple Teriyaki Chicken Thighs: This variation adds a hint of tropical sweetness to your teriyaki chicken. To make this dish, you’ll need to make a pineapple teriyaki sauce. This can be made with pineapple juice, soy sauce, honey, garlic, and ginger. Marinate the chicken in the sauce and bake it in the oven.
No matter which variation you choose, oven-baked teriyaki chicken thighs are sure to be a hit. With these different variations, you’re sure to find the perfect one for your taste buds.