I’ve been making this Chicken Satay With Dipping Sauce recipe for years, and it’s always been a hit! There’s something about the combination of the marinated chicken, the flavorful dipping sauce, and the crispy texture of the grilled chicken that creates a delicious and satisfying meal. Every time I make this, I can’t help but rave about how delicious it is.
Chicken Satay With Dipping Sauce Recipe
- 2 ½ pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1-inch pieces
- ½ cup teriyaki sauce
- ⅓ cup cashew butter
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ¼ cup full-fat coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons coconut aminos
- 1 tablespoon finely grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground turmeric
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons chopped raw cashews (Optional)
- 5 cups hot cooked rice
- ½ bunch cilantro sprigs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken pieces, teriyaki sauce, cashew butter, orange juice, garlic, cayenne pepper, coconut milk, coconut aminos, ginger, fish sauce, garlic, curry powder, turmeric, cumin, coriander, salt, and pepper. Mix until all ingredients are evenly distributed.
- Spread the chicken mixture onto a large baking sheet and bake in preheated oven for 25-30 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
- While the chicken is baking, prepare the dipping sauce by combining the coconut milk, coconut aminos, ginger, fish sauce, garlic, curry powder, turmeric, cumin, coriander, and salt and pepper in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, until mixture is thick and creamy, about 5 minutes.
- When the chicken is finished baking, remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes.
- Serve chicken satay with the dipping sauce, chopped raw cashews (optional), hot cooked rice, and cilantro sprigs. Enjoy!
- Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe
- Calories: 370
- Fat: 19g
- Carbohydrates: 19g
- Protein: 27g
- Sodium: 590mg
- Fiber: 2g
What makes a successful chicken satay with dipping sauce dish?
To make a successful chicken satay with dipping sauce dish, there are a few important elements that need to be taken into consideration. Firstly, the chicken needs to be marinated in a flavorful and aromatic marinade to give it some depth of flavor. Secondly, the dipping sauce must have the perfect balance of sweet, sour, salty and spicy flavors. Lastly, the skewered chicken needs to be cooked over a hot flame to get a charred and smoky flavor.
When preparing the marinade for the chicken, it’s important to use a combination of ingredients that will result in a flavorful and aromatic flavor. Common ingredients used in a marinade for chicken satay include garlic, lemongrass, galangal, shallots, tamarind paste, fish sauce, brown sugar and turmeric. These ingredients can be blended together using a mortar and pestle or a blender to create a thick paste.
The dipping sauce is another important element of a successful chicken satay dish. A good dipping sauce should have the perfect balance of sweet, sour, salty and spicy flavors. The most common ingredients used in a dipping sauce include fish sauce, tamarind paste, garlic, shallots, lime juice, palm sugar and chili peppers. All of these ingredients should be blended together until smooth and then simmered until thick.
Finally, the chicken should be cooked over a hot flame to get a charred and smoky flavor. The skewers should be placed on the grill for about 5-7 minutes on each side or until cooked through. The skewers should be turned frequently to ensure even cooking.
By following these steps, you can create a delicious and successful chicken satay with dipping sauce dish. With the right combination of ingredients and proper cooking technique, you can create a dish that is sure to impress.
What are the health benefits of chicken satay with dipping sauce?
The health benefits of chicken satay with dipping sauce are:
- Chicken satay is a healthy source of protein, providing essential amino acids that your body needs to function.
- The sauce accompanying the satay is usually made from ingredients like soy sauce, peanut butter, and lime juice, which are all high in vitamins and minerals.
- Eating chicken satay is an excellent way to get your daily dose of healthy fats, as the peanut butter in the dip is rich in healthy monounsaturated fats.
- Chicken satay and its accompanying sauce are also low in calories, making them a great option for those looking to maintain a healthy weight.
- Eating chicken satay with its dipping sauce is a great way to increase your daily intake of essential vitamins and minerals, such as Vitamin B6, Vitamin A, and iron.
- Eating chicken satay with dipping sauce can also help to reduce cholesterol levels and improve cardiovascular health.
How does the flavor profile of chicken satay with dipping sauce differ from other asian dishes?
The flavor profile of chicken satay with dipping sauce differs from other Asian dishes in several ways.
- The marinade used to make the chicken has a unique flavor profile. It typically includes spices such as cumin, coriander, turmeric, and cardamom, which give the chicken a distinct taste and aroma.
- The dipping sauce is also distinct from other sauces used in Asian cuisine. It typically includes ingredients such as peanut butter, coconut milk, brown sugar, and chili flakes, which give the sauce its spicy, creamy flavor.
- The combination of the marinated chicken and the flavorful dipping sauce creates a unique flavor profile that sets chicken satay apart from other Asian dishes.
- The addition of vegetables such as bell peppers, onions, and bamboo shoots further enhances the flavor profile of chicken satay. These vegetables add texture and flavor to the dish, making it a delicious and flavorful meal.
How can one easily prepare a tasty chicken satay with dipping sauce?
Preparing a delicious chicken satay with dipping sauce is easier than you think! With a few simple ingredients, anyone can whip up an easy, flavorful dish that is sure to impress. Here are the steps you’ll need to take:
- Begin by marinating the chicken in a mixture of soy sauce, sesame oil, garlic, ginger, and a pinch of sugar. Let the chicken rest in the marinade for at least an hour.
- Skewer the chicken onto bamboo or metal skewers. Grill or broil the skewers on the stovetop or in the oven until the chicken is cooked through – about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the dipping sauce. In a small bowl, combine peanut butter, soy sauce, lime juice, garlic, and a pinch of sugar. Mix until smooth.
- Once the chicken is cooked, serve it hot with the dipping sauce. Enjoy!
With this easy recipe, you can now enjoy a flavorful, restaurant-quality chicken satay with dipping sauce from the comfort of your own home.
What is the ideal accompaniment to serve with chicken satay with dipping sauce?
The ideal accompaniment to serve with chicken satay with dipping sauce is a side of steamed white rice or vermicelli noodles, along with a fresh green salad or crunchy vegetables.
Steamed white rice or vermicelli noodles both provide a light and neutral base for the flavorful and spicy chicken satay. The rice and noodles also provide a great way to soak up the delicious dipping sauce.
A fresh green salad or crunchy vegetables are the perfect accompaniments to chicken satay with dipping sauce as they provide a crunchy and refreshing contrast to the savory and spicy flavors. A simple green salad with a few slices of cucumber, tomatoes and a light vinaigrette dressing works perfectly alongside the satay. Alternatively, some crunchy vegetables like carrot and celery sticks, or jicama slices can be served with the dipping sauce as an appetizer or side dish.
In addition, a variety of sauces such as soy sauce, fish sauce, and chili sauce can be offered to further enhance the flavors of the chicken satay. Fresh herbs like cilantro, basil and mint can also be used to garnish the dish for additional flavor and color.
Overall, the ideal accompaniments to serve with chicken satay with dipping sauce are steamed white rice or vermicelli noodles, and a fresh green salad or crunchy vegetables. By adding a variety of sauces and herbs, the flavors of the satay can be further enhanced to create a truly delicious meal.