There’s nothing better than a warm, fudgy brownie. This recipe for Best Brownies comes from the kitchens of Oprah Winfrey and is sure to please any chocolate lover. These brownies are made with cocoa powder, dark chocolate, and espresso powder for a rich flavor that will have you coming back for more.
- -1/2 cup butter
- -1 cup sugar
- -2 eggs
- -1 tsp vanilla extract
- -3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (divided)
- -1/2 cup all purpose flour
- -1/4 tsp salt
- -3 tbsp softened butter
- -3 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- -1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour an 8-inch square pan.
2. In a large saucepan, melt 1/2 cup butter. Remove from heat, and stir in sugar, eggs, and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract. Beat in 1/3 cup cocoa powder, 1/2 cup all-purpose flour, salt, and baking powder until the batter is smooth.
3. Spread the batter evenly into the prepared pan using a spatula or spoon. Bake in preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes – do not overcook!
4. While the brownies are baking prepare the frosting by combining 3 tablespoons softened butter with 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder, honey, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, and confectioners’ sugar in a bowl until it forms a smooth mixture without any lumps remaining
5. When the brownies come out of the oven spread this frosting over them while they are still warm for best results
- Serving size: 1 brownie (1/16 of recipe)
- Calories: 190
- Fat: 10 g
- Saturated fat: 6.1 g
- Cholesterol: 44 mg
- Sodium: 125 mg
- Potassium: 86 mg
- Carbohydrates: 25.4 g Dietary fiber 1.2g sugars 18.3g protein 2.3g