I have always been a big fan of hummus, so when I heard about this Beet Hummus recipe, I couldn’t wait to give it a try. It’s a great way to use the fresh beets that are in season right now, and I must say, the results are mouth-watering! The vibrant color, creamy texture and subtle flavor of the beets make this hummus a delightful treat that will add a unique twist to any snack or meal.
Beet Hummus Recipe
- 1 medium beet, top and bottom trimmed
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 cloves garlic
- ¼ cup tahini
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon water, or as needed
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Place the trimmed beet on a baking sheet and roast for 25 minutes.
- When the beet is done, let it cool for 10 minutes.
- In a food processor, combine the roasted beet, chickpeas, garlic, tahini, lemon juice, olive oil, and water.
- Blend until the mixture is smooth, adding more water if needed.
- Serve the hummus with vegetables, pita chips, or crackers. Enjoy!
- Serving Size: 1/4 cup
- Calories: 125
- Total Fat: 7 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
- Sodium: 65 mg
- Total Carbohydrate: 11 g
- Dietary Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 4 g