I absolutely love baking, and these Whole Wheat Banana Oat Muffins are one of my favorite recipes! They are so simple to make, yet the results are always delicious. The combination of whole wheat flour, banana, and oats makes for a muffin that is both flavorful and incredibly moist. I have shared this recipe with countless friends and family, and they have all been delighted with the results. I’m sure you will love them too!
Whole Wheat Banana Oat Muffins Recipe
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 2 large ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 350°F and line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the whole wheat flour, oats, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, cream together the light brown sugar and melted butter until light and fluffy.
- Add the mashed bananas, egg, almond milk, and vanilla extract and mix until combined.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until just combined.
- Divide the batter evenly among the muffin cups and bake for 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Allow the muffins to cool in the tin for 15 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Enjoy your delicious Whole Wheat Banana Oat Muffins!
- Calories: 232
- Fat: 8g
- Carbohydrate: 34g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 5g
- Sugar: 12g
What ingredients are necessary to make whole wheat banana oat muffins?
If you’re looking to make some delicious whole wheat banana oat muffins, you’ll need a few simple ingredients. You’ll need whole wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, ripe bananas, oats, coconut oil, honey, plain yogurt, and milk.
For the dry ingredients, you’ll want to start by sifting together the whole wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl. Then, in a separate bowl, mash the ripe bananas until there are no large chunks left.
For the wet ingredients, mix together the oats, coconut oil, honey, plain yogurt, and milk in a separate bowl until everything is well blended.
Once you have all your ingredients ready, it’s time to combine them. Start by adding the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until everything is just combined. Do not over mix, as it will make your muffins tough.
Once everything is combined, you’re ready to start baking your muffins. Grease a muffin tin with some butter or coconut oil and spoon the batter evenly into the muffin tin. Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for about 20 minutes or until the muffins are golden brown and a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
What variations can you make to the recipe for whole wheat banana oat muffins?
You can make so many delicious variations to the recipe for whole wheat banana oat muffins! To start, you can mix in chopped nuts or chocolate chips for a sweet, crunchy twist. You can also add other fruits like blueberries or raspberries to the batter for a tart burst of flavor. For a savory twist, you can also add shredded cheese to the muffins. And don’t forget to experiment with different spices like cinnamon, nutmeg, or allspice for a unique spin.
If you want to make the muffins a bit healthier, you can replace some of the sugar with honey or maple syrup for a natural sweetness. You can also replace the oil with applesauce for an even healthier alternative. If you’re looking to make the muffins extra fluffy, you can also add in baking powder or baking soda for an airy texture.
For a vegan version, you can replace the eggs with chia seeds. You can also opt for plant-based milk instead of cow’s milk for a dairy-free twist. You can also replace the oil with vegan butter or margarine.
What are the health benefits of whole wheat banana oat muffins?
If you’re looking for a delicious and healthy snack, whole wheat banana oat muffins are the way to go! These muffins are packed with nutrients that are beneficial for your overall health and wellbeing. Here are some of the benefits of eating whole wheat banana oat muffins:
- Rich in Fiber: Whole wheat banana oat muffins are a great source of dietary fiber, which helps to keep your digestive system healthy and functioning properly.
- High in Nutrients: Whole wheat banana oat muffins are high in vitamins and minerals, such as magnesium, iron, and zinc. These help to keep your bones, muscles, and nerves healthy.
- Low in Sugar: These muffins are made with natural sweeteners like honey and bananas, which makes them low in sugar and free from artificial ingredients.
- Heart-Healthy: The oats and whole wheat flour used in these muffins are rich in healthy fats that can help reduce cholesterol levels and protect your heart.
- Low in Calories: Whole wheat banana oat muffins are low in calories, so they’re a great snack option if you’re trying to watch your weight.
How do you prepare whole wheat banana oat muffins?
You can prepare delicious whole wheat banana oat muffins in just a few easy steps! Here’s how:
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl, mash two ripe bananas.
- Add 1 cup of oats, 1/2 cup of whole wheat flour, 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda and a pinch of salt.
- In a separate bowl, combine 1/4 cup of melted butter, 1/4 cup of honey and 1 egg.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until combined.
- Grease a muffin tin with butter and fill with the mixture.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden.
- Let the muffins cool for 10 minutes before serving.
What tips can you offer for baking whole wheat banana oat muffins?
Start with the basics: always use high-quality ingredients. Be sure to use whole wheat flour, rolled oats, ripe bananas, and other fresh ingredients.
- Preheat your oven to 375°F and prepare your muffin tin with a non-stick spray or paper liners.
- In a medium bowl, mash the bananas until they are lumpy and smooth.
- In a large bowl, mix together the dry ingredients: whole wheat flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients: eggs, melted butter, and non-dairy milk.
- Add the mashed bananas into the wet ingredients and mix until fully combined.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Using a spoon or ice cream scoop, drop the batter into the prepared muffin tin.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Let the muffins cool for a few minutes before serving.
What are some creative ways to serve whole wheat banana oat muffins?
You can get creative with your whole wheat banana oat muffins! Here are some ideas to get your creative juices flowing.
- Make mini muffins for a sweet and healthy snack. You can make a big batch and freeze them for when you are on the go.
- Add a layer of melted dark chocolate or peanut butter to the top of the muffins to add extra flavor and texture.
- Make a muffin sandwich. Layer two muffins with a layer of your favorite nut butter or cream cheese in the middle.
- Whip up some muffin French toast! Dip a muffin in an egg and milk mixture and fry it in a skillet. Serve with sweet syrup and fresh fruit.
- Slice a muffin in half and toast it. Top with melted butter, honey, and a sprinkle of cinnamon for a tasty breakfast treat.
- Make a muffin bread pudding. Tear up some muffins and combine them with eggs, milk, sugar, and a few spices. Bake in the oven and serve with a drizzle of honey.
- Top a muffin with a scoop of your favorite ice cream for a delicious dessert.
- Make muffin “pizza” bites. Slice a muffin in half and top with marinara sauce, cheese, and your favorite pizza toppings. Bake in the oven until the cheese melts and serve hot.
These are just some of the creative ways you can serve up whole wheat banana oat muffins.