One of my favorite recipes to make on a hot summer day is Watermelon Soup! It’s a refreshing, cool, and flavorful treat that’s sure to impress. The best part is that it’s surprisingly easy to make. Watermelon Soup is a great way to get creative with your kitchen and enjoy some delicious food on those hot summer days. So, grab your ingredients and let’s get started!
Watermelon Soup Recipe
- 2 cups cubed, seedless watermelon
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- Pinch of sea salt
- Optional: 2 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
- First, let’s get all of our ingredients together! In a medium bowl, combine 2 cups of cubed, seedless watermelon, 1/4 cup of plain Greek yogurt, 2 tablespoons of honey, 2 tablespoons of fresh lime juice, 2 tablespoons of chopped fresh mint leaves, 1/4 teaspoon of ground ginger, and a pinch of sea salt.
- Use a whisk to mix the soup until all the ingredients are evenly combined and the honey has dissolved.
- Now for the optional ingredient: 2 tablespoons of crumbled feta cheese. Add this to the soup and stir to combine.
- Transfer the soup to a container and let it chill in the refrigerator for 10 minutes.
- Your watermelon soup is now ready to enjoy! You can serve it as a chilled soup or garnish it with some extra mint leaves and feta cheese. Enjoy!
- Calories: 140
- Total Fat: 5g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Cholesterol: 10mg
- Sodium: 190mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 21g
- Dietary Fiber: 1g
- Sugars: 17g
- Protein: 5g
What are the different ways to prepare a watermelon soup?
Making watermelon soup is a delicious and refreshing way to use watermelon in a whole new way! Here are some different recipes you can try to enjoy this unique and delicious soup.
- Easy Watermelon Soup: Start by blending together 4 cups of fresh watermelon, 1 cup of plain Greek yogurt, 1 tablespoon of freshly squeezed lime juice, and ¼ teaspoon of sea salt until it is smooth. Pour the mixture into a cold bowl, garnish with your favorite herbs, and serve.
- Spicy Watermelon Soup: Start by blending together 4 cups of fresh watermelon, 1 cup of plain Greek yogurt, 1 jalapeno (seeds removed), 1 tablespoon of freshly squeezed lime juice, and ¼ teaspoon of sea salt. Pour the mixture into a cold bowl, garnish with your favorite herbs, and serve.
- Thai-Style Watermelon Soup: Start by blending together 4 cups of fresh watermelon, 1 cup of plain Greek yogurt, 1 tablespoon of freshly grated ginger, 1 tablespoon of freshly squeezed lime juice, and ¼ teaspoon of sea salt. Pour the mixture into a cold bowl, garnish with your favorite herbs, and serve.
What flavors can be added to watermelon soup to enhance the taste?
There are so many delicious flavors that you can add to watermelon soup to make it even more flavorful! Whether you’re looking for something fruity, spicy, tangy, or savory, there’s sure to be an option that will perfectly complement the natural sweetness of watermelon. Some of the best flavors to add to watermelon soup include lime juice, honey, cilantro, mint, ginger, red chili flakes, and feta cheese. You can also experiment with different herbs and spices such as oregano, basil, and garlic powder. For a sweet kick, try adding a dash of cinnamon or nutmeg.
What are the health benefits of watermelon soup?
Watermelon soup is not only a delicious summer treat – it’s also packed with incredible health benefits!
- This refreshing summer soup is full of essential vitamins and minerals such as vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin B6, potassium, and magnesium. These nutrients are essential for healthy skin, immunity, and energy levels.
- Watermelon soup is also rich in powerful antioxidants, which can help protect against cellular damage. In addition, the high water content of the soup helps flush out toxins and keep your body hydrated.
- This soup is also great for your digestive system. The high fiber content helps your body absorb nutrients and keep your digestive system running smoothly.
- Finally, watermelon soup is low in calories and fat. This makes it a great choice for those watching their weight.
What food pairings work best with watermelon soup?
When it comes to watermelon soup, the possibilities are endless! This unique and refreshing soup can be enjoyed alone, but is often served with a variety of food pairings. From hearty salads to grilled proteins, there are a variety of ingredients that can be added to a bowl of watermelon soup for a balanced and flavorful meal. Here are a few of our favorite pairings for this delicious dish:
Salads: Leafy greens, such as spinach, kale, and arugula, provide an array of vitamins and minerals that pair perfectly with watermelon soup. For extra flavor, add roasted vegetables, nuts, and seeds to your salad.
Grilled proteins: Grilled chicken, fish, and steak are all excellent additions to watermelon soup. They bring a smoky flavor that pairs well with the sweetness of the watermelon.
Cheese: Soft, crumbly cheese, such as feta or goat cheese, adds a creamy texture that contrasts nicely with the crispness of the watermelon.
Fruit: A variety of fruits, like berries, apples, and melons, can be added to watermelon soup for extra sweetness.
Herbs and spices: Herbs and spices, such as cilantro, parsley, and chili flakes, add a hint of heat and freshness to the soup.
These are just a few of the many food pairings that work well with watermelon soup.
How can watermelon soup be used in different dishes?
Watermelon soup is an incredibly versatile dish that can be used in a variety of different dishes! From salads to smoothies, soups to desserts, this light and refreshing summer soup can easily be incorporated into any meal. Here are a few ideas for how to use watermelon soup in different dishes:
Salads: Watermelon soup adds a unique sweetness to any salad, and its cooling temperature can help to balance out the spiciness of some greens. For an interesting twist, try adding a few spoonfuls of watermelon soup to a quinoa or black bean salad.
Smoothies: Watermelon soup makes a great addition to fruit smoothies. Not only does it add a delicious flavor, but it also helps to keep the smoothie nice and cool. For a delicious breakfast smoothie, combine a scoop of watermelon soup with a banana, some fresh berries, and a scoop of protein powder.
Soups: Watermelon soup can be used as the base for a variety of soups. For a light and refreshing soup, combine it with some chopped vegetables like carrots and celery. For a more substantial dish, try adding some cooked chicken or shrimp.
Desserts: Watermelon soup makes a great addition to sweet desserts. Try adding a few spoonfuls to a bowl of ice cream, or use it as an interesting topping for a cheesecake.