Refreshingly Sweet Watermelon Pineapple Salsa
If you’re looking for a delicious summertime treat, look no further than this Watermelon Pineapple Salsa! It’s fruity, zesty, and absolutely perfect for any outdoor gathering. I tried it for the first time at a family barbecue last summer, and it was an instant hit! Our guests couldn’t get enough of it, and I’m sure you’ll love it just as much! So grab your ingredients and let’s get cooking!
Watermelon Pineapple Salsa Recipe
- 5 cups chopped seedless watermelon
- 1 cup chopped pineapple
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and finely diced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 lime, juiced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Hey everyone! Today I’m going to show you how to make this delicious Watermelon Pineapple Salsa!
- First, let’s get all of our ingredients ready. You’ll need 5 cups of chopped seedless watermelon, 1 cup of chopped pineapple, 1/2 cup of chopped red onion, 1 jalapeño (seeded and finely diced), 1/4 cup of chopped fresh cilantro, 1 lime (juiced), and some salt and pepper to taste.
- Now that we have everything ready, let’s start making our salsa!
- In a large bowl, combine the chopped watermelon, pineapple, red onion, jalapeño, cilantro, and lime juice. Mix all of the ingredients together until they are well combined.
- Taste your salsa and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Once you are happy with your salsa, let it sit for 10 minutes so that all of the flavors can blend together.
- And that’s it! Now you have a delicious Watermelon Pineapple Salsa that is ready to be served. Enjoy!
- Calories: 49 kcal
- Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 12.5 g
- Protein: 0.9 g
- Sodium: 17 mg
- Fiber: 1.3 g
What makes this watermelon pineapple salsa so special?
This watermelon pineapple salsa is truly special! With its unique combination of sweet, juicy watermelon and tangy pineapple, it’s sure to tantalize your taste buds. Not to mention the vibrant mix of colors that make it a beautiful dish to serve at any gathering.
This salsa is a great way to add flavor and vibrancy to tacos, salads, and more. The sweet and tangy flavors of the watermelon and pineapple pair perfectly with the spicy kick of jalapeño peppers and the crunch of red onion. Plus, you can adjust the ingredients to your taste. Add more jalapeño for extra heat, or throw in a handful of cilantro for an extra burst of flavor.
What’s more, this salsa is extremely easy to make. All you need to do is dice up the fruits, add a few extra ingredients, and mix it all together. Plus, it’s a great way to use up leftover watermelon and pineapple.
Overall, this watermelon pineapple salsa is a must-try dish! Its unique flavor and vibrant colors will definitely wow your guests. Plus, it’s simple to make and can be customized to your taste.
What flavors can you expect when you try this salsa?
You’re in for a real treat when you try this delicious Watermelon Pineapple Salsa! This sweet and tangy salsa combines the juiciness of watermelon with the sweetness of pineapple, creating a flavor sensation like no other. You’ll also find a hint of lime and jalapeno to give it the perfect kick of heat. Whether you’re serving it with tortilla chips or as a topping for tacos, this salsa is sure to be a hit with everyone.
What health benefits can you get from eating this salsa?
Yes! Eating watermelon pineapple salsa can provide you with a variety of health benefits! Here are just a few of them:
- Vitamins: Watermelon is packed with essential vitamins and minerals, such as vitamin A, vitamin C, potassium, and magnesium. Pineapple also contains vitamin C, as well as dietary fiber. These vitamins and minerals can help keep your body healthy and functioning properly.
- Antioxidants: This salsa contains antioxidants which can help reduce oxidative stress and protect your cells from damage.
- Fiber: Eating watermelon pineapple salsa is a great way to get your daily dose of dietary fiber. Fiber helps keep your digestive system functioning properly and can also help you feel fuller for longer.
- Heart Health: Watermelon and pineapple are both good sources of lycopene, an antioxidant that has been linked to improved heart health.
- Immune System: Eating this salsa can give your immune system a boost due to its high vitamin C content. Vitamin C helps your body fight off disease-causing germs and can help you stay healthy.
What tips can you use to make sure your salsa turns out perfectly every time?
If you’re looking for a delicious and unique salsa to spice up your next party, then look no further than watermelon pineapple salsa! Not only is it super tasty, but it’s also easy to make and customize to your own preferences. To make sure your salsa turns out perfectly every time, here are some helpful tips:
- Start with the freshest ingredients you can find. The quality of your salsa will depend on the quality of the ingredients, so be sure to use the ripest and juiciest watermelon and pineapple possible.
- Use a sharp knife for cutting. A dull knife makes the process much harder and more dangerous – be sure to use a sharp knife to easily and safely chop up the watermelon and pineapple.
- Taste as you go. Everyone has different tastes, so be sure to taste as you go so that you can customize the salsa to your own preferences. Add more salt or cilantro if you want it to be spicier, or add more sugar or lime if you want it to be sweeter.
- Don’t forget the garnish. To make your salsa look extra special, consider adding some fresh herbs or lime wedges as a garnish.
How can this salsa be used to spruce up any meal?
Watermelon Pineapple Salsa is an incredibly versatile condiment that can instantly add a burst of flavor to any meal. It’s the perfect way to brighten up tacos, burgers, burritos, fish, salads and even grain bowls. Plus, you can use it as a dip for chips, crackers, and crudités. The possibilities are endless!
This salsa is made from fresh watermelon, pineapple, cilantro, red onion, and a hint of jalapeno. The combination of sweet and spicy flavors is simply irresistible, and the freshness of the produce adds a delicious crunchiness to the dish. The best part is that it takes just minutes to prepare.
For tacos, burritos, and burgers, simply top them with a spoonful of the salsa. For salads and grain bowls, mix it in with other ingredients like beans, corn, tomatoes, and avocado. You can also serve it as a dip with chips, crackers, and crudités.
Watermelon Pineapple Salsa is also a great way to add some extra flavor to fish dishes. Simply top the filets with a generous spoonful of the salsa before baking. The natural sweetness of the fruit pairs perfectly with the fish and the jalapeno gives it a subtle kick.
So, the next time you’re looking for a way to spruce up your meal, look no further than Watermelon Pineapple Salsa. This delicious condiment will instantly add a burst of flavor and take your dish to the next level.
What are the best ways to store this salsa and make it last?
If you’re looking for the best ways to store and make your watermelon pineapple salsa last, you’re in luck! This deliciously fruity and slightly spicy salsa is surprisingly easy to store and can last for up to two weeks if stored correctly. Here are the best ways to store your salsa and make it last:
- Refrigeration. Be sure to store your salsa in an airtight container in the refrigerator. This will help to keep it fresh and prevent any unwanted bacteria from growing in the salsa.
- Freezing. If you’d like to make your salsa last even longer, you can freeze it in an airtight container. This will help to keep the texture and flavor of the salsa intact. Just be sure to thaw it in the refrigerator before serving.
- Vacuum Sealing. Vacuum sealing is also a great way to store your salsa and make it last. This will help to keep the salsa’s freshness and flavor for extended periods of time.
So, there you have it! With these easy storage tips, you can make sure your watermelon pineapple salsa stays fresh and flavorful for up to two weeks.
What other dishes can you pair with this salsa to make a delicious meal?
When it comes to making a meal with watermelon pineapple salsa, the possibilities are endless! This delicious and refreshing salsa can be used as an ingredient in lots of different dishes. For an easy and tasty dinner, you could pair the salsa with tacos or burritos and load them up with all your favorite toppings. You could also serve it with grilled chicken or fish, or use it as a topping on a veggie-packed salad. For a southwestern-style meal, try serving the salsa with enchiladas or fajitas. If you’re looking to add a fruity element to a classic dish, try using the salsa as a topping for your favorite mac and cheese.