I’m so excited to share this Vietnamese noodle salad with lemongrass chicken recipe with you! It has been my absolute favorite dish for years now. Not only is it incredibly delicious and flavorful, but it’s also incredibly easy to make. Plus, it’s the perfect combination of fresh and flavorful ingredients! I just know you’re going to love it as much as I do.
Vietnamese Noodle Salad with Lemongrass Chicken Recipe
- Lemongrass Chicken:
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated lemongrass
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Noodle Salad:
- 3 ounces vermicelli noodles
- 1/4 cup shredded carrot
- 1/4 cup chopped cucumber
- 1/4 cup bean sprouts
- 1/4 cup chopped red cabbage
- 1/4 cup chopped mint
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili garlic sauce
- Vietnamese Noodle Salad with Lemongrass Chicken
- Let’s get cooking! This delicious Vietnamese noodle salad with lemongrass chicken is sure to be a hit. Let’s get started!
- Start by prepping your ingredients. Cut the chicken into 1 inch cubes. Grate your lemongrass and mince your garlic.
- Place the chicken cubes in a shallow bowl and add the lemongrass, garlic, fish sauce, soy sauce, sesame oil, and honey. Mix everything until the chicken is well coated. Let the chicken marinate for at least 20 minutes.
- On medium heat, cook the chicken in a pan for about 15 minutes, making sure to turn the chicken cubes every few minutes.
- Boil a pot of water and cook the vermicelli noodles for 3 minutes.
- Drain the noodles and rinse them with cool water.
- In a large bowl, mix together the noodles, shredded carrot, cucumber, bean sprouts, red cabbage, mint, cilantro, rice vinegar, lime juice, honey, sesame oil, fish sauce, and chili garlic sauce.
- Once the chicken is finished cooking, let it cool before adding it to the noodle salad.
- Gently fold the chicken into the noodle salad.
- Serve with a sprinkle of chopped mint and cilantro, and a wedge of lime. Enjoy!
- Calories: 437
- Total Fat: 10.2g
- Cholesterol: 48.8mg
- Sodium: 841.3mg
- Total Carbohydrate: 53.1g
- Dietary Fiber: 5.1g
- Sugars: 12.3g
- Protein: 30.4g
What makes this vietnamese noodle salad with lemongrass chicken so special?
This Vietnamese noodle salad with lemongrass chicken is truly special. It’s a light yet flavorful dish that can be enjoyed year-round. The lemongrass chicken is tender, juicy and packed full of flavor, while the noodles are cooked to perfection and the vegetables are crisp and fresh. The combination of flavors is truly unique, and it’s sure to please any palate.
But what really makes this dish stand out is the dressing. A combination of fish sauce, rice wine vinegar, and sesame oil, it’s a delicious, tangy sauce that brings the flavors of the entire dish together. The balance of sweet, tangy and spicy is truly unique, and it’s sure to have you coming back for more.
This dish is also incredibly easy to make. All the ingredients can be found in most grocery stores, and the dish can be prepared in just a few minutes. The lemongrass chicken can be cooked in advance, making this a great dish for busy weeknights.
So don’t miss out on this flavorful and unique dish. Give it a try, and you’ll quickly see why this Vietnamese noodle salad with lemongrass chicken is so special.
What ingredients are needed to make this delicious dish?
If you’re looking to make a delicious Vietnamese noodle salad with lemongrass chicken, you’ll need a few key ingredients. To start, you’ll need some cooked rice noodles, cooked chicken, and a bunch of fresh vegetables. You’ll also need some lemongrass, garlic, and ginger for the marinade.
For the dressing, you’ll need some sesame oil, fish sauce, lime juice, and sugar. To finish it off, you’ll need some chopped peanuts, herbs, and some more lime juice for garnish.
With all of these ingredients, you’ll be able to make a delicious and healthy Vietnamese noodle salad with lemongrass chicken. It’s the perfect dish for a light lunch or dinner.
What tips can you provide to make this meal a success?
You can make this delicious Vietnamese Noodle Salad with Lemongrass Chicken a success with these tips:
- Start with marinating the chicken for at least 4 hours. The marinating helps the flavor of the chicken and gives the dish a more delicious taste.
- Make sure to have all your ingredients prepped and ready before you start cooking. This will make the cooking process a lot easier and faster.
- Cook the noodles according to package instructions and make sure they are al dente.
- Use fresh ingredients when possible. The freshness of the ingredients will make the dish even more flavorful.
- To give the dish a hint of spice and a touch of sweetness, add a pinch of sugar and some red pepper flakes.
- Finally, make sure to dress the noodles and chicken with some fresh herbs and lime juice for a zesty flavor.
What makes the lemongrass chicken stand out?
The lemongrass chicken in Vietnamese noodle salad is a standout dish! It’s packed with flavor and has a unique taste that puts it a cut above the rest. Lemongrass chicken is marinated with a variety of herbs and spices including garlic, ginger, fish sauce, and lemongrass. This combination of ingredients gives the chicken a delightful balance between sweet and savory flavors. The marinade also helps the chicken to stay juicy and tender when cooked.
The lemongrass chicken is then grilled to perfection, resulting in a succulent, flavorful piece of meat. The lemongrass brings a delightful citrusy note to the chicken, which is further enhanced by the savory marinade. The balance of flavors makes this dish stand out from other dishes with grilled chicken.
The lemongrass chicken is then served over a bed of warm, flavorful noodles, providing a satisfying meal. The noodles are cooked al dente and are topped with a light sauce that blends perfectly with the flavors of the chicken. This combination of textures and flavors makes the lemongrass chicken in Vietnamese noodle salad a truly unique dish that is sure to please.
How can the flavors of the noodles and chicken be enhanced?
Enhancing the flavors of Vietnamese Noodle Salad with Lemongrass Chicken is easy and fun! The key is to make sure that you’re using the right ingredients. To enhance the flavors of the noodles and chicken, try adding garlic, ginger, sesame oil, and chili flakes.
Garlic adds a rich flavor that pairs well with the lemongrass chicken. Try adding a few cloves of minced garlic to the marinade for the chicken. This will give the chicken a great depth of flavor.
Ginger is also a great addition to the marinade for the chicken. It adds a slight hint of spice and also enhances the flavors of the lemongrass. Simply grate a few teaspoons of fresh ginger and add it to the marinade.
Sesame oil is a great way to give the noodles an extra boost of flavor. Try adding a tablespoon of sesame oil to the noodles when they’re finished cooking. This will give the noodles a wonderful nutty flavor.
Finally, chili flakes can be used to add a bit of heat to the dish. Simply sprinkle a few chili flakes over the noodles and chicken before serving. You can also add a few extra chili flakes to the marinade for the chicken to give it a bit of extra spice.
By using these ingredients, you can easily enhance the flavors of your Vietnamese Noodle Salad with Lemongrass Chicken.
What pairings work well with this salad?
This Vietnamese Noodle Salad with Lemongrass Chicken is a hit served as a main course, but it’s also a great accompaniment to a variety of other dishes. To really make this salad stand out, try pairing it with one of the following options:
For a light and refreshing side dish, serve with a chilled cucumber and tomato salad. The crisp, cool flavors will be a nice contrast to the noodles and chicken.
For a heartier course, try serving the salad with grilled meat or fish. The smoky flavor of the grilled food will go great with the Asian-inspired flavors of the salad.
If you’re looking for a spicy kick, pair the salad with a side of fried chilies. The chili’s heat will be a nice contrast to the subtle flavors of the noodles and chicken.
For a sweet finish, serve the salad with a scoop of coconut ice cream. The creamy sweetness of the ice cream will balance out the savory flavors of the salad.