Vietnamese Coconut-Caramel Shrimp Recipe – An Easy And Delicious Seafood Dish
I can’t help but salivate at the thought of my favorite Vietnamese dish – Coconut-Caramel Shrimp. Every time I take a bite of this sweet and savory dish, I am transported to the bustling streets of Vietnam. The combination of fresh shrimp, caramel sauce, and coconut milk is truly a culinary masterpiece. Every ingredient comes together to create a dish that is as delicious as it is unique. This recipe will show you how to make this classic dish right at home. I promise that it will be an unforgettable experience!
Vietnamese Coconut-Caramel Shrimp Recipe
- 2 pounds jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons coconut cream
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Vietnamese Coconut-Caramel Shrimp
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Additional Time: 10 minutes
- Let’s get cooking!
- Start by prepping your ingredients. Peel and devein 2 pounds of jumbo shrimp and mince 2 cloves of garlic. Grate 2 teaspoons of fresh ginger and chop 2 tablespoons of fresh cilantro.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together 1/4 cup of fish sauce, 2 tablespoons of sugar, 2 tablespoons of freshly squeezed lime juice, 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil, 2 cloves of minced garlic, and 2 teaspoons of grated fresh ginger.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the shrimp and the sauce mixture from the bowl and cook the shrimp for about 5 minutes, or until the shrimp are cooked through.
- In a small bowl, mix together 1/4 teaspoon of red pepper flakes, 2 tablespoons of coconut cream, and 2 tablespoons of dark brown sugar.
- Pour the coconut-caramel mixture over the cooked shrimp and cook for an additional 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Garnish the shrimp with the chopped fresh cilantro and serve! Enjoy!
- Calories: 241
- Total Fat: 7g
- Saturated Fat: 5g
- Cholesterol: 208mg
- Sodium: 1490mg
- Carbohydrates: 14g
- Fiber: 1g
- Sugar: 10g
- Protein: 25g
What makes vietnamese coconut-caramel shrimp special?
Vietnamese coconut-caramel shrimp is a unique and flavorful dish that is sure to tantalize your taste buds. Its combination of sweet and savory flavors makes it a perfect dish for any occasion. The caramel sauce is made from coconut milk, sugar, and fish sauce, and then the shrimp is coated in a mixture of garlic and chili peppers for a delicious kick. The combination of sweetness from the caramel sauce, umami from the fish sauce, and spiciness from the garlic and chili peppers makes this dish truly special. Not only is it packed with flavor, but it is also very easy to prepare, making it ideal for a weeknight dinner.
How does vietnamese coconut-caramel shrimp compare to other shrimp dishes?
Yes – Vietnamese Coconut-Caramel Shrimp is definitely worth a try! Here’s why:
- It’s a unique twist on traditional shrimp dishes – sweet and savory all in one. The caramel sauce adds a delicate balance of sweetness and the coconut adds a hint of nuttiness to the dish.
- The flavors of the shrimp work together in perfect harmony. The garlic, ginger, and coconut provide a flavor combination that you won’t find in many other shrimp dishes, giving this dish a unique flavor unlike any other.
- It’s easy to prepare and doesn’t require complicated ingredients. All you need is a few simple ingredients like garlic, ginger, and coconut milk and you can have a delicious meal on the table in no time.
- It’s a great way to enjoy shrimp without feeling guilty. With only a few calories per serving and no added fat, you can indulge in this dish guilt-free.
- It’s a great way to introduce your family and friends to a unique and flavorful shrimp dish. The combination of flavors is sure to please everyone.
So if you’re looking for a new and delicious shrimp dish that’s easy to make and sure to please, give Vietnamese Coconut-Caramel Shrimp a try.
What is the perfect accompaniment to vietnamese coconut-caramel shrimp?
The perfect accompaniment to Vietnamese Coconut-Caramel Shrimp is a bed of steamed jasmine rice! This delectable dish is sweet, savory, and full of flavor, and it’s made even more delicious with a side of fragrant, fluffy jasmine rice. The mild flavor of the rice compliments the sweetness of the coconut-caramel sauce and the savoriness of the shrimp, making it the ideal accompaniment to this delicious dish.
What is the ideal cooking method for vietnamese coconut-caramel shrimp?
The ideal cooking method for Vietnamese Coconut-Caramel Shrimp is to pan-fry them in butter and spices. This method of cooking is simple, easy, and results in succulent, juicy shrimp with a delicious caramelized glaze.
To pan-fry the shrimp, melt butter in a skillet over medium-high heat. Once the butter is melted, add the shrimp and season with salt, pepper, and any other desired spices. Cook the shrimp for several minutes on each side, until they are cooked through and golden-brown on the outside.
Once the shrimp is cooked, add a few tablespoons of coconut milk and a few tablespoons of sugar. The sugar will caramelize, giving the shrimp a delicious, sweet-savory glaze. Stir the shrimp occasionally until the sauce thickens and becomes syrupy.
Once the sauce is ready, serve the shrimp with the sauce spooned over top. The result is juicy, succulent shrimp with a sweet-savory glaze that’s sure to impress.
For an extra kick of flavor, try adding some freshly grated ginger and a squeeze of lime juice to the sauce before serving. This added touch of flavor will take your Vietnamese Coconut-Caramel Shrimp to the next level.
So, the ideal cooking method for Vietnamese Coconut-Caramel Shrimp is to pan-fry them in butter and spices. This easy and delicious method will give you succulent shrimp with a sweet-savory glaze that’s sure to impress.
What type of flavors can be found in vietnamese coconut-caramel shrimp?
Vietnamese Coconut-Caramel Shrimp is an amazing dish! It’s packed with a delightful mix of sweet, salty, and savory flavors that will tantalize your taste buds. The shrimp are marinated in a sweet and savory marinade of coconut milk and caramel sauce, which adds a unique and delicious flavor. The shrimp is then cooked in a wok with onions, garlic, and ginger, giving it a wonderful aroma and rich flavor. Plus, the dish is topped off with a sprinkle of fresh herbs and crushed peanuts for some added crunch.
What type of ingredients are needed to make vietnamese coconut-caramel shrimp?
If you’re looking for a delicious and exotic way to make shrimp, then look no further than Vietnamese Coconut-Caramel Shrimp! This dish is a stunning combination of sweet, savory, and spicy flavors that will tantalize your taste buds. All you need to make this incredible dish is a few simple ingredients.
To make Vietnamese Coconut-Caramel Shrimp, you will need: shrimp, coconut milk, fish sauce, garlic, chili paste, sugar, and vegetable oil. The shrimp can be raw or cooked, but if using raw, make sure to cook them in the sauce. The coconut milk adds a creamy richness to the sauce, while the fish sauce adds a salty umami flavor. The garlic, chili paste, and sugar all combine to create a sweet and spicy flavor profile that elevates the shrimp to a whole new level. Finally, the vegetable oil helps to make the sauce silky smooth.