I have been making this Vegetarian Creamed Corn Casserole recipe for years and it’s always a hit with my family. Not only is it a delicious comfort food dish, but it’s also a great way to make a hearty meal out of simple ingredients. It’s a great way to add some nutritious vegetables to the dinner table, and the creamy texture makes it a real crowd-pleaser. I promise that once you try it, you’ll be coming back for seconds!
Vegetarian Creamed Corn Casserole Recipe
- 3 tablespoons of butter
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cups of frozen corn
- 2 tablespoons of all-purpose flour
- 1 (14.5 ounces) can of cream-style corn
- 1/2 cup of sour cream
- 1/2 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon of paprika
- Hey everyone! I’m going to show you how to make this amazing Vegetarian Creamed Corn Casserole. It’s easy to make and is ready in only an hour and twenty minutes, so let’s get started!
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium heat and then add the diced onion. Cook until the onion is softened and lightly browned, about 5 minutes.
- Add the frozen corn to the skillet and cook for an additional 3 minutes.
- Sprinkle the flour over the mixture and stir until everything is combined.
- Add the cream-style corn, sour cream, cheese, garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper, and paprika and stir until everything is fully incorporated.
- Pour the mixture into a 9×13-inch baking dish and spread it evenly.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 40 minutes.
- Let the casserole cool for 10 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
- Calories: 190
- Total Fat: 11g
- Saturated Fat: 6g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Cholesterol: 30mg
- Sodium: 280mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 16g
- Dietary Fiber: 2g
- Sugars: 4g
- Protein: 6g
What makes this vegetarian creamed corn casserole so special?
This vegetarian creamed corn casserole is special because it has all the creaminess and flavor of a traditional creamed corn casserole, but without the meat! The creamy sauce is made with a combination of butter, garlic, flour, and vegetable broth, giving it a rich and savory flavor. The creamed corn is mixed with sautéed vegetables, adding color, texture, and nutrition. To top it all off, a crunchy topping of breadcrumbs, shredded cheese, and butter adds the perfect finishing touch to this delicious dish. The end result is a delicious, creamy, and savory vegetarian casserole that can be enjoyed by everyone.
What are the unique flavors and textures of this casserole?
When it comes to Vegetarian Creamed Corn Casserole, you are in for a real treat! This flavorful casserole is loaded with unique flavor and texture combinations that will have you coming back for seconds. The sweetness of the corn is balanced with the sharpness of the onions and the creaminess of the cheese creates a delightful mixture that pairs perfectly with the crunchy, buttery topping. The dish is finished off with a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese that adds an extra layer of flavor. Each and every bite of this casserole is a unique combination of flavors and textures that will have you wanting more.
What benefits does this casserole offer?
This Vegetarian Creamed Corn Casserole offers a delicious and nutritious meal that the whole family will love! Here are some of the benefits it provides:
- Healthy: This casserole is high in vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants that help keep you healthy.
- Versatile: This dish can be customized to suit your preferences – add some chopped vegetables or a sprinkle of cheese for some extra flavor.
- Easy to make: This casserole is easy to prepare, meaning you don’t have to spend hours in the kitchen. Plus, the leftovers make for a great lunch or dinner the next day!.
- Budget-friendly: With just a few ingredients, this casserole is a cost-effective meal that won’t break the bank.
- Delicious: Most importantly, this casserole is full of flavor and sure to be a hit with your family and friends.
How does the vegetarian creamed corn casserole compare to other recipes?
The vegetarian creamed corn casserole is a delicious and nutritious alternative to other recipes. It has some distinct features that make it stand out from the crowd. Here are some of the ways it compares to other recipes:
- Versatility: This casserole is incredibly versatile, allowing you to add your own favorite vegetables, herbs, and spices to customize the flavor.
- Nutrition: The vegetarian creamed corn casserole is packed with vitamins, minerals, and fiber, making it a health-conscious option.
- Flavor: The combination of sweet corn and creamy cheese makes this casserole irresistibly flavorful.
- Time: This casserole comes together quickly and easily, meaning you can enjoy it in no time.
- Variety: This casserole can easily be adapted to suit different diets, making it a great option for everyone.
With its versatility, nutrition, flavor, and time-saving qualities, the vegetarian creamed corn casserole is a delicious and nutritious alternative to other recipes.
What tips and tricks can you offer for making this casserole?
When it comes to making the perfect vegetarian creamed corn casserole, here are some tips and tricks to get it just right:
- Start with the right ingredients. Use a combination of vegetable broth and non-dairy milk to give the casserole a rich, creamy texture and flavor.
- Add plenty of flavor. Try adding some garlic, fresh herbs, and a little bit of cayenne pepper for a touch of heat.
- Don’t be afraid to experiment. Try different types of cheeses, nuts, and vegetables to create a unique flavor.
- Cook it slow and low. Low and slow cooking will help the flavors to meld together and create a delicious casserole.
- Don’t forget the crunch. Top the casserole off with some crunchy breadcrumbs or crushed tortilla chips for added texture.
- Let it cool. Let the casserole cool for at least 10 minutes before serving to let the flavors develop.
What are some variations of this casserole that can be made?
There are lots of ways to mix up your Vegetarian Creamed Corn Casserole! You can try adding different veggies like bell peppers or mushrooms, or even some chopped jalapenos for a little extra spice. You can also switch up the cheese, try substituting cheddar or even pepper jack for a bold flavor. If you’re feeling adventurous, you could also add some cooked quinoa or brown rice to the casserole to make it heartier. And don’t forget about adding a bit of crunch with some toasted nuts or tortilla chips sprinkled on top.