My love for vegetarian recipes has taken me on an amazing culinary journey, and I’m thrilled to share one of my absolute favorites with you – Vegetarian Baked Cranberry Beans! This delicious dish is incredibly easy to make and provides a great combination of flavors and textures. With a few simple ingredients and a few minutes of prep time, you can enjoy a meal that is both nutritious and satisfying. Trust me, this is one recipe you won’t want to miss!
Vegetarian Baked Cranberry Beans Recipe
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 cup cooked cranberry beans
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, plus more for garnish
- Welcome to your vegetarian baked cranberry beans recipe! Let’s get started.
- Preheat your oven to 375°F.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Once the oil is hot, add the diced onion and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Add the garlic, cumin, and smoked paprika and cook for an additional minute.
- Add the cooked cranberry beans, oregano, sea salt, and freshly ground black pepper and cook for another few minutes, stirring often.
- Add the vegetable broth and stir, scraping up any browned bits from the bottom of the pan.
- Turn off the heat and stir in the chopped parsley, lemon juice, and grated Parmesan cheese.
- Pour the mixture into a baking dish and spread it out evenly.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25 minutes, or until the beans are tender and the top is lightly golden.
- Let cool for about 20 minutes before serving. Top with more Parmesan cheese and enjoy!
- Calories: 185
- Total Fat: 6g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Cholesterol: 8mg
- Sodium: 487mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 23g
- Dietary Fiber: 6g
- Sugars: 3g
- Protein: 9g
What ingredients do you need to make vegetarian baked cranberry beans?
Making vegetarian baked cranberry beans is easy! All you need are a few simple ingredients: dried cranberry beans, olive oil, garlic, onions, cumin, oregano, tomato paste, a bay leaf, vegetable broth, and salt and pepper. To make it even tastier, you can add some red pepper flakes or diced tomatoes. You’ll also need a large pot or dutch oven and a baking dish.
To begin, preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Then, in a large pot or dutch oven, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and onions and cook until they are softened and fragrant. Add the cumin, oregano, tomato paste, bay leaf, vegetable broth, and salt and pepper. Bring to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes.
Next, add the dried cranberry beans to the pot and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and cover. Simmer for about an hour or until the beans are tender. Remove the pot from the heat and transfer the beans to a 9×13 inch baking dish.
Top with a drizzle of olive oil and bake in the preheated oven for 25 minutes. Then, remove from the oven and enjoy! Your vegetarian baked cranberry beans are now ready to be served.
So, there you have it! These vegetarian baked cranberry beans are a delicious and hearty meal that requires minimal effort and time. With just a few simple ingredients, you can quickly whip up this delicious dish.
What cooking techniques are required to make vegetarian baked cranberry beans?
Cooking vegetarian baked cranberry beans requires some easy but delicious techniques. It all starts with simmering the cranberry beans until they’re soft, about 25 minutes. Next, preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and lightly grease a baking dish. Combine the cooked cranberry beans, some diced onion, minced garlic, some diced bell pepper, and some vegetable broth. Top with a sprinkle of breadcrumbs and a dash of olive oil. Bake the beans in the preheated oven for 25 minutes, until they’re golden brown and bubbly.
What are the health benefits of incorporating vegetarian baked cranberry beans into your diet?
The great thing about incorporating vegetarian baked cranberry beans into your diet is that they’re packed with health benefits! Here’s a look at some of the ways adding these delicious beans can boost your overall well-being:
- A Good Source of Protein: One cup of vegetarian baked cranberry beans contains 13 grams of protein, making them a great vegetarian source of this important macronutrient for muscle growth, repair, and energy.
- High in Fiber: Eating plenty of fiber is important for digestive health, and one cup of vegetarian baked cranberry beans provides 8 grams of fiber. This can help keep your digestion regular and prevent constipation.
- May Aid in Weight Loss: Fiber is also beneficial for weight loss, as it helps you feel fuller for longer, so you don’t have to snack on unhealthy treats.
- Rich in Antioxidants: Vegetarian baked cranberry beans are rich in health-promoting antioxidants, including flavonoids and phenolic compounds, which may help protect your body from oxidative stress and damage due to free radicals.
- Low in Calories: One cup of vegetarian baked cranberry beans contains only 160 calories, making them an excellent addition to any weight management diet.
What meal combinations go best with vegetarian baked cranberry beans?
Vegetarian baked cranberry beans are the perfect accompaniment to any meal. They’re versatile, tasty and incredibly easy to prepare. Plus, they’re packed with protein, fiber and vitamins and minerals. So, what meal combinations go best with vegetarian baked cranberry beans? Here are some of our top picks:
- Rice and vegetable stir-fry – Pile up your plate with brown rice, your favorite vegetables, and a generous scoop of baked cranberry beans.
- Roasted potatoes and grilled vegetables – Roast some potatoes in the oven and create a side dish of grilled vegetables with a scoop of baked cranberry beans.
- Veggie burrito bowl – Mix together cooked rice, chopped lettuce, tomatoes, bell peppers and onions, and top with a generous helping of baked cranberry beans.
- Baked sweet potato – Halve a sweet potato and top with a generous scoop of baked cranberry beans and serve with a side salad.
- Quinoa salad – Combine cooked quinoa, chopped veggies, and a scoop of baked cranberry beans for a delicious, protein-rich salad.
Vegetarian baked cranberry beans are the perfect addition to any meal. They’re packed with nutrients, are incredibly tasty, and are incredibly easy to prepare. With these delicious meal combinations, you’ll be sure to find the perfect accompaniment to your vegetarian baked cranberry beans.
How can you make vegetarian baked cranberry beans more flavorful?
Vegetarian baked cranberry beans can be made even more flavorful with a few simple tricks! By adding aromatic vegetables like onions, garlic and bell peppers, you can add a lot of flavor to the dish. To add a bit of heat and spice, try adding chili peppers or a pinch of cayenne pepper. You can also add fresh herbs like rosemary, thyme and parsley for a more complex flavor. Finally, don’t forget to add a bit of acidity at the end of cooking, such as a splash of apple cider vinegar or lemon juice.
What are some creative ways to serve vegetarian baked cranberry beans?
There are so many creative ways to serve vegetarian baked cranberry beans! Whether you’re looking for a side dish, main course, or even an appetizer, these beans are a versatile and delectable option. Here are a few ideas to get your creative juices flowing:
- Top a bed of greens with your warm, comforting beans. Add some crumbled feta cheese and a drizzle of balsamic vinaigrette to make this a truly special salad.
- Serve as a dip with toasted pita chips or crunchy vegetables like carrots and celery.
- Stuff a bell pepper with your beans and oven-bake until the pepper is tender.
- Create a delicious bean bowl by combining your beans with quinoa, roasted vegetables and an avocado-lime dressing.
- Layer your beans between slices of tomato, cucumber and feta cheese for a delicious Mediterranean-style sandwich filling.
- Mix your beans with cooked pasta, roasted vegetables and a homemade pesto sauce for a flavorful twist on pasta salad.
- Serve your beans in tacos with diced onion and cilantro for a delicious and easy meal.
- Top a baked sweet potato with your beans and a dollop of Greek yogurt.
These are just a few ideas to help get you started with your vegetarian baked cranberry beans. With a bit of creativity, you’ll be able to come up with many more delicious and interesting ways to serve this tasty dish.