Growing up in the South, nothing quite embodied summer like a freshly-baked peach cobbler. I’ve spent years trying to perfect the art of making this classic treat, and I’m thrilled to share my vegan version of Southern Peach Cobbler with you! This recipe is full of flavor and just the right amount of sweetness. Enjoy the deliciousness of summer all year round!
Vegan Southern Peach Cobbler Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons almond milk
- 6 large peaches, peeled and sliced
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons vegan butter
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- In a bowl, mix together the dry ingredients: flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the wet ingredients: coconut oil, coconut sugar, vanilla extract, almond milk.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients, stirring until a dough forms.
- Grease a 9-inch baking dish with vegan butter.
- Spread the dough evenly into the baking dish.
- Peel and slice the peaches, then spread them over the dough.
- Sprinkle the coconut sugar, ground cinnamon, and vegan butter over the peaches.
- Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes.
- Allow the cobbler to cool for 15 minutes before serving.
- Enjoy your vegan Southern Peach Cobbler!
- Calories: 230
- Fat: 8g
- Carbohydrates: 35g
- Protein: 3g
- Sodium: 80mg
- Sugar: 16g
What makes vegan southern peach cobbler stand out from other vegan desserts?
Vegan Southern Peach Cobbler stands out from other vegan desserts because it combines the decadent, sweet flavors of the traditional Southern dessert with plant-based ingredients. The result is a vegan version of a classic Southern treat that still tastes just as delicious as the original!
The primary ingredients in this vegan dessert are fresh peaches, vegan butter, and a vegan-friendly flour blend. The peaches provide a juicy sweetness, while the vegan butter adds a creamy, buttery richness. The flour blend gives the cobbler a nice, crumbly texture. The combination of these ingredients creates a decadent, flavorful dessert that is sure to satisfy any sweet tooth.
Moreover, the cobbler is easy to make and doesn’t require any complex skills or techniques. All that’s required is a few simple steps: mix together the dry ingredients and crumble the vegan butter into the mixture, add the peaches, and bake. The result is a delicious, vegan-friendly dessert that can be enjoyed by everyone.
Finally, this vegan Southern Peach Cobbler stands out because it is a healthier alternative to traditional Southern desserts. By using vegan ingredients, it is lower in fat and calories than traditional recipes, making it a great option for those trying to watch their weight.
All in all, Vegan Southern Peach Cobbler is a delicious, healthy vegan alternative to traditional Southern desserts. It combines the classic flavors of a Southern classic with vegan ingredients, making it a healthier, tastier option that everyone can enjoy.
How can vegan southern peach cobbler be adapted to fit different dietary needs?
Vegan Southern Peach Cobbler can be adapted to fit different dietary needs with only a few small changes! Depending on what dietary needs you are trying to accommodate, you may need to make different alterations. Here are some tips on how to customize your vegan cobbler to fit different dietary requirements.
Gluten Free: To make your vegan cobbler gluten free, you will need to use a gluten free flour blend instead of all-purpose flour in the crust and crumble topping. You can also use gluten free oats and a gluten free baking powder.
Low-Sugar: To make your cobbler lower in sugar, you can reduce the amount of sugar in the filling, or replace it with a low-calorie sweetener. You can also reduce the amount of sugar in the crumble topping.
Dairy Free: To make your cobbler dairy free, you can replace the butter in the crumble topping with a vegan butter substitute. You can also use almond or coconut milk instead of dairy milk in the crust.
Keto Friendly: To make your cobbler keto friendly, you will need to replace the flour in the crust and crumble topping with a low-carb flour blend. You should also use a low-carb sweetener in the filling and reduce the amount of sugar in the crumble topping.
These modifications will help you customize Vegan Southern Peach Cobbler to fit different dietary needs.
What is the ideal serving size and presentation for vegan southern peach cobbler?
Serving vegan southern peach cobbler is all about making sure your guests can enjoy the flavors and textures of the dish. The ideal serving size is a generous scoop of cobbler, served warm with a dollop of vegan vanilla ice cream or vegan whipped cream. Presenting the cobbler in individual ramekins or small bowls helps guests enjoy their servings without having to share. This also helps to show off the golden-brown topping and delicious peach filling. Setting out a basket of vegan biscuits or tea cakes is always a nice touch for those who want something extra to go with their cobbler.
What are some vegan alternatives for traditional ingredients in vegan southern peach cobbler?
Vegan Southern Peach Cobbler is a delicious way to enjoy a classic dessert without any animal products. To make the cobbler vegan-friendly, use plant-based alternatives for traditional ingredients. Instead of butter, use vegan margarine or coconut oil. For the flour, all-purpose flour is a great option, as is almond flour or gluten-free flour. Use plant-based milk in place of cow’s milk and vegan sugar instead of regular sugar. Finally, for the topping, try using coconut cream or vegan whipped cream.
What are some unique topping ideas to elevate vegan southern peach cobbler?
When it comes to vegan southern peach cobbler, the possibilities for delicious and unique toppings are truly endless! Whether you’re looking for a crunchy topping that complements the creamy cobbler filling or something sweet and gooey, there is a topping out there for you. Here are some of our favorite ideas to take your vegan southern peach cobbler to the next level!
- Coconut Shavings – For a delicious and tropical twist, sprinkle some unsweetened coconut shavings over your vegan southern peach cobbler. Not only will it add a delightful texture, but it’ll also bring a hint of sweetness to the dish.
- Walnuts – Walnuts are a classic topping for fruit cobblers, and they pair wonderfully with vegan southern peach cobbler. Their crunchy texture balances out the sweetness of the peaches and adds a nutty flavor that’s sure to please.
- Vanilla Ice Cream – Vanilla ice cream is a classic topping for any cobbler, and it’s no different for vegan southern peach cobbler! The creamy, cold treat is the perfect complement to the warm and gooey cobbler.
- Pecans – Pecans are another great topping for vegan southern peach cobbler. Their crunchy texture and sweet flavor will add a delightful contrast to the creamy cobbler. Plus, you’ll get a hint of nutty flavor to boot!
- Cinnamon-Sugar – If you’re looking for something a little more subtle, try sprinkling some cinnamon-sugar over your vegan southern peach cobbler. The warmth of the cinnamon and the sweetness of the sugar will give the cobbler a unique flavor that’s sure to please.