I’m so excited to share my favorite vegan gingerbread cookie recipe with you! I’ve been making these cookies for years, and they never fail to bring a smile to my face. The smell of the gingerbread baking in the oven is an absolute delight, and the taste is to die for! The perfect combination of sweet and spicy, the vegan gingerbread cookie is one treat you won’t want to miss. Let’s get baking!
Vegan Gingerbread Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup vegan butter, softened
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened almond milk
- Let’s make some delicious vegan gingerbread cookies!
- Here’s what you’ll need:
- cup all-purpose flour
- teaspoon ground ginger
- /2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- /4 teaspoon baking soda
- /4 teaspoon baking powder
- /4 teaspoon salt
- /4 cup vegan butter, softened
- /4 cup light brown sugar
- /4 cup maple syrup
- teaspoon vanilla extract
- tablespoon ground flaxseed
- tablespoon unsweetened almond milk
- To start, preheat your oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the flour, ginger, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, use a hand mixer to cream together the vegan butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the maple syrup, vanilla extract, ground flaxseed, and almond milk. Beat until combined.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until a dough forms.
- Roll the dough into 1-inch balls and place them on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes, then let cool for 5 minutes.
- Enjoy your delicious vegan gingerbread cookies!
- Serving size: 1 cookie,
- Calories: 136,
- Total Fat: 5.4g,
- Saturated Fat: 3.2g,
- Trans Fat: 0g,
- Cholesterol: 0mg,
- Sodium: 115mg,
- Total Carbohydrate: 20g,
- Dietary Fiber: 1g,
- Total Sugars: 8.9g,
- Protein: 1.7g.
What inspired you to try making vegan gingerbread cookies?
It was a combination of things that inspired me to try making vegan gingerbread cookies! I love the flavor of gingerbread and I wanted to see if it was possible to make a vegan version that was just as tasty. I also wanted to challenge myself to create something yummy and healthy that my vegan friends could enjoy.
I did some research online and found a few recipes, but I was looking for something that was easy and didn’t require any strange ingredients. I eventually found a great recipe that was simple and used only coconut oil, maple syrup, and almond milk as substitutes for the usual butter and eggs.
I gathered my ingredients, preheated the oven, and got to work. The dough was easy to make and smelled wonderful. I took my time rolling, cutting, and baking each cookie and before I knew it, I had a batch of vegan gingerbread cookies that tasted just as delicious as the non-vegan version!
I was so proud of myself for mastering vegan gingerbread cookies and I can’t wait to make more. They were a hit with my vegan friends and they’ve become a staple in my holiday baking.
What tips do you have for making vegan gingerbread cookies?
Start with a great vegan gingerbread cookie recipe! Use a recipe that is specifically designed for vegan gingerbread cookies. This ensures that all the ingredients are vegan-friendly and that the cookies will turn out perfectly.
- Use vegan butter to replace regular butter. Vegan butter can usually be found in any grocery store. It’s a great substitute for regular butter and it will still give your cookies a buttery flavor.
- Substitute your regular eggs with a vegan egg replacement. There are lots of vegan egg replacements such as flax seeds, chia seeds, and banana. Experiment to find what works best for you.
- Use vegan-friendly sweeteners such as maple syrup, coconut sugar, and agave nectar. These sweeteners are healthier alternatives to regular sugar and they also add a delicious flavor to your cookies.
- Add spices and flavorings to take your gingerbread cookies to the next level. Try adding some freshly grated ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves for a delicious taste.
- Bake your cookies to perfection. Set the timer for the amount of time your recipe calls for, and keep an eye on the cookies as they bake. This will help ensure that your cookies come out perfectly.
How do vegan gingerbread cookies taste compared to regular gingerbread cookies?
You might think that vegan gingerbread cookies would taste different from regular gingerbread cookies, but you’d be surprised! Vegan gingerbread cookies taste just as delicious and sweet as regular gingerbread cookies. In fact, you’d have a hard time telling the difference between the two!
Here are some other things you might be wondering about vegan gingerbread cookies:
- How do they compare in texture? They are both soft and chewy and have a nice crunchy crust.
- Are they as sweet as regular gingerbread cookies? Absolutely! They have the same amount of sweetness and flavor.
- Do they have any special ingredients? Yes! Most vegan gingerbread cookies are made with vegan butter, coconut sugar, and vegan molasses.
- Are they healthy? Yes, vegan gingerbread cookies are a healthier alternative to regular gingerbread cookies as they are free of animal products and refined sugar.
So, there you have it! Vegan gingerbread cookies are as tasty as regular gingerbread cookies, and are a healthier alternative too.
What is the difference between vegan gingerbread cookies and regular gingerbread cookies?
Vegan gingerbread cookies are different from regular gingerbread cookies in that they don’t contain any animal-based ingredients such as eggs, butter, or milk. Instead, vegan gingerbread cookies are usually made with plant-based alternatives such as vegan margarine, flax eggs, and plant-based milk. These vegan ingredients make the cookies just as delicious as the traditional recipe, but without the use of animal-based products.
Another difference between vegan gingerbread cookies and regular gingerbread cookies is the sugar used. Many regular gingerbread recipes call for white sugar, but vegan recipes often use natural sweeteners like coconut sugar or organic cane sugar. This can make the cookies slightly darker in color and give them a slightly different flavor, but they are still just as delicious as the traditional recipe.
Finally, vegan gingerbread cookies are often made with alternative flours such as oat flour or almond flour. This can give the cookie a slightly different texture, but it also can make them gluten-free. This makes vegan gingerbread cookies a great option for people with gluten intolerances or Celiac disease.
Overall, vegan gingerbread cookies are very similar to regular gingerbread cookies, but without the use of animal-based ingredients. They can be just as tasty and can even be made with alternative flours to make them gluten-free.
What ingredients do you need to make vegan gingerbread cookies?
You don’t need many ingredients to make vegan gingerbread cookies! To get started, you’ll need all-purpose flour, baking powder, ground ginger, ground cinnamon, ground allspice, salt, vegan butter, light brown sugar, molasses, and non-dairy milk. With these nine ingredients, you’re ready to make some delicious vegan gingerbread cookies!
As with any baking project, it’s important to make sure you have all your ingredients prepped and ready before you start baking. Measure out all of your dry ingredients—the flour, baking powder, ground ginger, ground cinnamon, ground allspice, and salt—and mix them together in a bowl. In a separate bowl, cream together the vegan butter and light brown sugar until fluffy. Then add the molasses and non-dairy milk and mix until everything is well combined.
Once all your ingredients are ready, it’s time to start baking! Preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Roll the cookie dough into small balls and place them on the baking sheet. Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until the edges of the cookies are golden brown.