Lemon-Lover’S Delight: Triple Lemon Pound Cake
My mouth still waters when I think of the first time I tasted my Triple Lemon Pound Cake. This cake is a moist, tangy, and delicious treat that is sure to delight any lemon lover. The combination of three types of lemons – lemon zest, juice and extract – give this cake an unmistakable lemon flavor. The bright yellow cake is rich and creamy and the perfect finish to any meal. Whether you’re having a special occasion or just want to treat yourself, this Triple Lemon Pound Cake is sure to be a hit.
Triple Lemon Pound Cake Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons finely grated lemon zest
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar (optional, for topping)
- Begin by preheating your oven to 350 degrees F and prepare an 8-inch cake pan with butter and flour.
- In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a larger bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time, and then add the vanilla, lemon juice, and lemon zest.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan and bake for 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool in the pan for 15 minutes before turning it out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- If desired, sprinkle the top of the cake with powdered sugar for a nice finish.
- Slice and serve your delicious Triple Lemon Pound Cake, and enjoy!
- Calories: 300 kcal
- Carbohydrates: 35 g
- Protein: 4 g
- Fat: 15 g
- Saturated Fat: 9 g
- Cholesterol: 75 mg
- Sodium: 240 mg
- Potassium: 130 mg
- Fiber: 1 g
- Sugar: 20 g
What is a triple lemon pound cake?
A triple lemon pound cake is a delicious, sweet, and tart cake that is sure to please! This cake is a classic pound cake, made with butter, sugar, flour, eggs, and other traditional ingredients, but what makes it special is the addition of three types of lemons. It has a zesty lemon flavor that comes from fresh lemon juice, lemon zest, and a tart lemon glaze. The overall texture of the cake is light and sweet, with the tart lemon providing a nice balance. This cake is perfect for any occasion – from a birthday party to a summer barbecue.
What are the benefits of using three different types of lemons in this cake?
Tangy and Sweet: Three types of lemons allow for a unique flavor combination that is both tangy and sweet. The combination of the three types of lemons creates a delightful balance, with the tartness of the lemon zest being complemented by the sweetness of the juice and the freshness of the lemon extract.
- Complexity: The aroma and flavor of the cake become more complex with the combination of the three different types of lemons, allowing for a unique experience with each bite.
- Zing: The combination of the three different types of lemons adds a zesty zing to the cake that you can’t get with just one type.
- Aromatic: The aroma of the cake becomes more aromatic with the combination of the three different types of lemons, creating a pleasant smell that will fill your kitchen.
- Added Depth: The addition of the three different types of lemons adds depth and dimension to the cake, creating a unique flavor profile that is sure to please.
What tips and tricks can you use to guarantee a moist and flavorful triple lemon pound cake?
If you want to guarantee a moist and flavorful triple lemon pound cake every time, here are some tips and tricks that you should keep in mind:
- Make sure to use freshly squeezed lemon juice for the most intense lemon flavor.
- Use a combination of butter and oil to ensure a moist, tender crumb.
- If possible, use a combination of all-purpose flour, cake flour, and cornstarch for an extra light and fluffy texture.
- Make sure to beat the butter and sugar together until the mixture is light and fluffy for a more flavorful cake.
- Add a teaspoon of lemon zest to the cake batter for an extra lemony flavor.
- Use buttermilk instead of regular milk for a more tender crumb.
- Don’t overbake the cake–check it with a toothpick or cake tester to make sure it’s done.
- Let the cake cool completely before adding the glaze or frosting.
Why should you make this triple lemon pound cake?
If you’re looking for a delicious cake that’s sure to be a crowd-pleaser, you should definitely make this Triple Lemon Pound Cake! It combines fresh tart lemons with a moist, buttery pound cake and a lemony glaze for a delectable treat. Not only does it look and taste amazing, but it’s also easy to make and requires simple ingredients that you likely already have on hand. With its bright, tangy flavor and light, fluffy texture, this cake is sure to be a hit at any gathering. Plus, you can customize the glaze however you like and make it your own.
What are the key ingredients to making a triple lemon pound cake?
If you’re looking for a delicious and zesty dessert to wow your family and friends, a Triple Lemon Pound Cake is the way to go! This delicious cake is bursting with lemon flavor and has just the right amount of sweetness. But what are the key ingredients to making a Triple Lemon Pound Cake? Here’s what you’ll need:
- Lemons: You’ll need three lemons for this recipe, as the name implies. The zest and juice of these lemons will be used in the cake and the frosting.
- Flour: You’ll need two and a half cups of all-purpose flour for the cake.
- Sugar: You’ll need two cups of sugar to give your cake the perfect sweetness.
- Butter: You’ll need a cup of butter to make your cake moist and rich.
- Eggs: You’ll need four eggs for the cake to bind together.
- Baking Powder: You’ll need two teaspoons of baking powder to help the cake rise.
- Vanilla Extract: You’ll need a teaspoon of vanilla extract to enhance the flavor of the cake.
- Heavy Cream: You’ll need a cup of heavy cream to make the frosting creamy and rich.
How can you make a triple lemon pound cake without a mixer?
Making a triple lemon pound cake without a mixer is totally doable and can be a fun kitchen adventure! You just have to have the right tools and the right technique.
To begin, you’ll need a large bowl and a whisk. These are essential for making the cake batter. You’ll also need a sturdy wooden spoon for stirring the ingredients together.
There are a few tips you should keep in mind when making a triple lemon pound cake without a mixer. First, be sure to sift the dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt) together in a separate bowl. This will ensure that the dry ingredients are well-combined and the cake will be light and airy.
Second, be sure to cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. This will give the cake a nice texture and flavor. If you don’t have a mixer, you can use a wooden spoon to do this. Just make sure to keep stirring until all the sugar has been incorporated.
Finally, add the wet ingredients (lemon juice, eggs, and lemon zest) one at a time and mix until everything is evenly combined. Once the batter is ready, pour it into a greased and floured cake pan and bake it in the oven at 350 degrees F for about 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
Making a triple lemon pound cake without a mixer is totally possible and can be a fun baking experience. Just remember to sift the dry ingredients, cream the butter and sugar together, and add the wet ingredients one at a time.