Delicious Three-Cheese Pasta With Greens Recipe
I’m so excited to share this delicious recipe with you! I just made it for the first time and it was incredibly delicious. Three-Cheese Pasta with Greens combines the perfect blend of creamy cheese, fresh greens, and al dente pasta. It’s the perfect meal for a weeknight dinner, and I’m sure it will quickly become a family favorite. So let’s get cooking!
Three-Cheese Pasta with Greens Recipe
- 8 ounces fresh penne pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 cups packed fresh spinach or kale
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and add the penne pasta. Cook for 8-10 minutes or until al dente.
- Drain the pasta and set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the garlic and sauté for 1 minute.
- Add the Parmesan, mozzarella, and feta cheeses and stir until the cheese is melted.
- Next, add the spinach or kale and cook until wilted.
- Add the cooked pasta to the skillet and stir to combine.
- Add the butter and stir until melted.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer the pasta to a baking dish and bake for 25 minutes.
- Once cooked, remove from the oven and enjoy your delicious three-cheese pasta with greens!
- Calories: 300
- Total fat: 11.5g
- Saturated fat: 6g
- Cholesterol: 20mg
- Sodium: 340mg
- Carbohydrates: 33g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 12g
Have you ever tasted the heavenly combination of three types of cheese, pasta and greens?
Have you ever tasted the heavenly combination of three types of cheese, pasta and greens? Absolutely! This dish is one of my favorites, and I’m sure it will be one of yours too.
Three-Cheese Pasta with Greens is a delicious and simple recipe that will tantalize your taste buds. The combination of the three cheeses – Parmesan, Mozzarella and Ricotta – is the perfect balance of flavors. They melt together to create a creamy and rich sauce that coats the pasta.
The addition of the greens – spinach, kale or Swiss chard – adds a wonderful freshness and an additional layer of flavor. The greens are wilted and mixed with the cheese sauce to create an irresistibly tasty dish.
This dish is not only delicious but it is also a great way to get your greens in. The greens are full of antioxidants and vitamins that are essential for a healthy diet.
So, if you’re looking for a delicious, nutritious and easy-to-make dish, this Three-Cheese Pasta with Greens is a must-try.
What are the three types of cheese that you can use for this delicious three-cheese pasta with greens?
If you’re looking for the perfect cheeses for this delicious and easy Three-Cheese Pasta with Greens recipe, look no further! You’ll need three types of cheese for this tasty dish: Mozzarella, Parmesan, and Ricotta.
Mozzarella is a mild, white cheese with a soft, springy texture. It melts beautifully, making it ideal for this recipe. Mozzarella also has a slightly sweet flavor and is full of proteins, making it a great choice to add to any dish.
Parmesan cheese is a hard, sharp cheese with a nutty flavor. It’s an aged cheese, so it has a stronger taste than mozzarella. It adds an extra punch of flavor to the dish and is full of calcium, making it a great choice for a nutritious meal.
Ricotta cheese is a creamy, white cheese with a mild flavor. It’s a great source of calcium and adds a nice, creamy texture to the dish. Ricotta cheese is also low in fat and high in protein, making it a great addition to any dish.
All three of these cheeses combine to create a delicious and creamy pasta dish that is sure to satisfy your taste buds and your health. So, there you have it! The three types of cheese you’ll need to make this delicious Three-Cheese Pasta with Greens are Mozzarella, Parmesan, and Ricotta.
What are some tips to make the three-cheese pasta with greens even more delicious?
Spice it up! Add some crushed red pepper flakes or your favorite hot sauce to give it a kick.
- Get cheesy! Add more cheese for a creamier and cheesier dish. Try adding mozzarella, cheddar, or even parmesan.
- Vegetables! Add in some steamed or sautéed vegetables to add some crunch, texture, and more nutrition. Try adding peppers, mushrooms, or spinach.
- Herbs and spices! Sprinkle in some herbs and spices to add some flavor. Try adding some basil, oregano, or thyme.
- Sauce it up! Add some sauce for a richer flavor. Try adding a tomato or alfredo sauce for a different flavor.
- Get creative! Try adding different ingredients to make the dish your own. Try adding ham, bacon, or even sausage.
- Get saucy! For a more saucy dish, try adding some white wine or chicken broth to the dish. This will add more flavor and moisture.
- Toppings! Give it a unique twist by adding some toppings. Try adding some toasted nuts, croutons, or even some parmesan cheese.
- Make it creamy! To make it extra creamy, try adding some cream cheese, mascarpone cheese, or even sour cream.
With these tips, you can make the three-cheese pasta with greens even more delicious! Whether you choose to spice it up or get creative, you’re sure to enjoy your enhanced dish.
What are the health benefits of having this yummy three-cheese pasta with greens?
If you’re looking for a delicious, healthy dinner, then you’ll want to try this Three-Cheese Pasta with Greens! Not only is it delicious, but it has several health benefits too! Here’s why you should give this dish a try:
- It provides a wealth of nutrients. This dish is packed with nutritious ingredients like spinach, ricotta, mozzarella, and parmesan cheese. The combination of these ingredients provides a good balance of protein, healthy fats, and fiber.
- It’s a great source of calcium. This meal is loaded with calcium from the ricotta, mozzarella, and parmesan cheese. This can help strengthen your bones and teeth, protect against osteoporosis, and maintain healthy blood pressure levels.
- It has anti-inflammatory benefits. The cheese and spinach are both rich in antioxidants, which can help to reduce inflammation in the body. This can help keep your joints healthy and also protect against chronic illnesses.
- It can help with weight management. This dish is low in calories and high in protein, so it can help you feel full and satisfied without consuming too many calories. This can be beneficial if you’re trying to maintain a healthy weight.
What is the best way to prepare the pasta for the three-cheese pasta with greens?
The best way to prepare the pasta for the three-cheese pasta with greens is by using your favorite type of short pasta. We recommend something like penne, rigatoni, or bow-ties. Start by boiling the pasta according to the package instructions until al dente. Once the pasta is cooked, rinse it under cold water, drain it and set it aside. While the pasta is cooking, you can start prepping the greens and the cheese.
To make the three-cheese pasta with greens, you’ll need Parmesan, ricotta, and mozzarella. Start by grating the Parmesan and set it aside. Then, combine the ricotta and mozzarella in a bowl and mix until you get a creamy consistency.
Next, you’ll want to sauté the greens in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add a tablespoon of olive oil and let it heat up before adding the greens. Cook the greens for about 5 minutes, until they are wilted and tender.
Finally, it’s time to assemble the dish. In a large pot, add the cooked pasta, the prepared cheese mixture, and the sautéed greens. Stir everything together to combine and season with salt and pepper to taste.
What type of greens should you use to make the dish more flavorful?
When making your Three-Cheese Pasta with Greens, you should definitely go for flavorful greens like arugula, spinach, and kale. Not only do these greens provide a complimentary flavor to the dish, but they also add lots of nutritional value. Arugula, for example, is a great source of calcium, iron, and vitamins A, C, and K. Spinach is loaded with iron, magnesium, and vitamins A and C, and kale is a powerhouse of antioxidants and vitamins A, C, and K.
These greens can boost the flavor of your pasta without overpowering it. Arugula has a peppery bite that pairs nicely with rich, cheesy pasta. Spinach adds a subtle earthy flavor, and kale has a slightly bitter flavor that’s both nutty and sweet. All three of these greens can be easily cooked in the same pot as the pasta, which makes for an effortless and delicious dish.
When selecting greens for your Three-Cheese Pasta, choose ones that are freshly harvested and brightly colored. Make sure to give them a good wash to get rid of any dirt or debris. And once they’re ready, enjoy the flavorful and nutritious combination of greens and cheesy pasta.
What sides can you serve with three-cheese pasta with greens to make a complete meal?
When it comes to creating a complete meal, three-cheese pasta with greens is a great option! To make it even more delicious and filling, there are plenty of sides you can serve with this dish. Here are some of our favorite side dishes that go perfectly with three-cheese pasta with greens.
For a classic pairing, you can’t go wrong with a side of crusty bread. Whether you opt for a French baguette, Italian ciabatta, or a garlic-butter-topped focaccia, a few slices of bread will add the perfect amount of carbs to the meal.
If you’re looking to add more vegetables to the plate, roasted vegetables are always a good option. Try roasting bell peppers, onions, mushrooms, and zucchini with just a bit of garlic, olive oil, and herbs. The roasted vegetables will be a tasty complement to the greens in the pasta dish.
Another great side to serve is a fresh and flavorful salad. Toss together mixed greens, tomatoes, cucumbers, and a simple vinaigrette, and you’ll have a light and healthy side that pairs perfectly with the three-cheese pasta.
Finally, for a bit of crunch, you can’t go wrong with a tray of roasted potatoes. Cut potatoes into wedges, toss them with olive oil and herbs, and roast until crispy. Serve these alongside the pasta dish, and you’ll have a delicious and well-rounded meal.
Whether you’re serving three-cheese pasta with greens for a casual weeknight dinner or for a special occasion, these sides will make the dish even more delicious.