I’m a big fan of Texas-style BBQ, and my favorite dish to make is the Texas Tri-Tip. It’s a delicious dish that is juicy and packed with flavor. I love the combination of the smoky beef and the sweet and tangy barbecue sauce. The best part is that it’s easy to make and doesn’t take too long. With just a few simple ingredients, you can have this delicious dish in no time. I’m always so excited when I get to make this dish and enjoy it with my family and friends.
Texas Tri-Tip Recipe
- 1 tri-tip roast (approximately 2 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup low-sodium beef broth
- Start by prepping your Texas Tri-Tip! Take your 2-pound Tri-Tip roast and pat it dry with a paper towel.
- Next, grab a bowl and mix together 2 tablespoons of olive oil, 1 teaspoon of garlic powder, 1 teaspoon of onion powder, 2 teaspoons of smoked paprika, 1 teaspoon of ground black pepper, and 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Now, coat your Tri-Tip with the spice mixture and massage it into the roast.
- Heat a large skillet to medium-high heat and add the coated Tri-Tip. Sear each side for about 4-5 minutes until the roast is golden brown.
- Once the Tri-Tip is golden brown, reduce the heat to low and add 1 tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce and 1/4 cup of low-sodium beef broth to the skillet. Cover the skillet and let the Tri-Tip simmer for 50 minutes.
- After 50 minutes, use a thermometer to check the internal temperature of the Tri-Tip. It should reach 145°F.
- Once the Tri-Tip has reached its internal temperature, remove the skillet from the heat and let the Tri-Tip rest for 40 minutes.
- After the Tri-Tip has rested, slice it against the grain and serve! Enjoy your Texas Tri-Tip!
- Calories: 293
- Total Fat: 16 g
- Saturated Fat: 4 g
- Cholesterol: 91 mg
- Sodium: 743 mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 3 g
- Dietary Fiber: 1 g
- Sugars: 0 g
- Protein: 32 g
What is texas tri-tip?
You may not have heard of it before, but Texas Tri-Tip is a delicious cut of steak that is gaining popularity with barbecuers and foodies alike. The cut comes from the bottom sirloin and is known for its large size and robust flavor that stands out from other steaks. It is a great alternative for those who want to try something different from the traditional ribeye or sirloin.
Whether you’re a seasoned pro or just starting out, Texas Tri-Tip is a great cut of steak to add to your grilling repertoire. This cut of meat is relatively easy to prepare, but can also be dressed up with a variety of marinades and rubs. One of the great things about this cut is the versatility of the marinades and rubs that you can use to really bring out the flavor.
When you cook Texas Tri-Tip, you want to cook it slowly over low heat to bring out the most flavor. To get the best results, you should let the steak rest for 10-20 minutes before cutting into it. This will ensure that the steak is juicy and tender and will keep it from drying out.
Texas Tri-Tip is quickly becoming one of the most popular cuts of steak due to its unique flavor and ease of preparation. Whether you’re a pro or a beginner in the kitchen, this cut is sure to be a hit with your family and friends. So the next time you’re looking for something different to grill, why not give Texas Tri-Tip a try.
What are the benefits of cooking texas tri-tip?
Cooking Texas Tri-Tip brings a lot of deliciousness to your dinner table! Here are some of the awesome benefits of cooking this juicy and flavorful cut of meat:
- Juicy and Tender: Texas Tri-Tip is packed with flavor and boasts an incredibly juicy, tender texture. It’s a great choice for a main course that everyone in the family will enjoy.
- Easy to Cook: Texas Tri-Tip is surprisingly easy to prepare. All you need to do is season it with some simple spices, sear it over high heat, and then finish off cooking it in the oven.
- Versatile: This cut of meat is very versatile and can be used in a variety of recipes. From tacos and sandwiches to salads and soups, Texas Tri-Tip adds a delicious flavor to all kinds of dishes.
- Affordable: Texas Tri-Tip is also budget-friendly, making it a great choice for those who are watching their wallets.
What tips can you provide for the perfect texas tri-tip?
Start by selecting a high-quality cut of meat and make sure it’s well-marbled. A good cut of meat will produce juicy, flavorful tri-tip.
- Rub the tri-tip with your favorite spices or a dry rub. You can also use a marinade if desired.
- Grill or smoke the tri-tip over high heat for about 40 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- To get the perfect sear, let the tri-tip cook for a few minutes on each side.
- Remove the tri-tip from the grill or smoker when it reaches an internal temperature of 140°F.
- Let the tri-tip rest before slicing it against the grain. That way you’ll get the most tender slices.
What cut of meat is texas tri-tip?
Texas Tri-Tip is a cut of beef taken from the bottom sirloin. It’s a smaller, triangular-shaped cut of meat that is unusually tender and juicy. It’s ideal for grilling, or searing in a hot pan with a bit of oil.
So what makes Texas Tri-Tip so special? It’s all about the marbling throughout the meat. The fat in the marbling ensures that the meat stays moist and full of flavor. Plus, the marbling gives the meat an amazing char when cooked.
Best of all, Texas Tri-Tip is extremely versatile. You can rub it with spices, use it in tacos, fajitas, or sandwiches, or cook it as a steak. No matter how you prepare it, it’s sure to be a hit.
So if you’re looking for a delicious cut of beef that’s easy to cook, you should definitely give Texas Tri-Tip a try.
What flavors pair well with texas tri-tip?
Texas Tri-Tip is an amazing cut of beef that has a unique flavor that begs for the perfect flavor pairings. Whether you’re barbecuing, grilling, or even roasting, there are a variety of flavors that will complement the bold and juicy taste of the Tri-Tip.
If you’re looking for a smoky and savory flavor, marinate your Tri-Tip with Worcestershire sauce, garlic, rosemary, and a bit of cumin. This combination of ingredients will give you a delicious, flavor-packed beef.
If you want something a bit milder and more herby, try a marinade of olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, basil, and oregano. This combination will give your Tri-Tip a Mediterranean-inspired flavor with a hint of citrus.
If you’re looking for something a bit sweeter, try a marinade of orange juice, honey, soy sauce, and garlic. This marinade will give your Tri-Tip a sweet and savory flavor with a hint of tang.
No matter what flavor combination you choose, Texas Tri-Tip is a cut of beef that is sure to please. With its juicy and flavorful nature, it pairs well with a variety of flavors.
What are the best cooking methods for texas tri-tip?
If you’re looking to get the most out of your Texas Tri-Tip, then grilling and smoking are the best cooking methods to use. Grilling is a classic way to cook tri-tip, and it will give you a juicy, tender and delicious result. Smoke it and you’re in for a real treat – the beef will take on a rich, smoky flavor that is simply unbeatable.
Grilling Texas Tri-Tip is really easy. Start by seasoning it with your favorite seasoning or marinade, then place it on the grill and cook it for 15-20 minutes, flipping it occasionally. Once it’s cooked to your desired doneness, remove it from the grill and let it rest for 10 minutes before serving.
If you’re feeling adventurous, smoking is the way to go. Start by rubbing your tri-tip with a dry rub, then place it on the smoker for about 2-3 hours. Check the internal temperature of the beef to make sure it’s cooked to your desired doneness. Once it’s done, remove it from the smoker and let it rest for 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
No matter which way you choose to cook your Texas Tri-Tip, you’re sure to end up with a delicious and flavorful cut of beef. With either grilling or smoking, you can’t go wrong.