I can’t think of a better way to end a meal than with a bowl of warm and sweet sticky rice and mango. This is one of my favorite desserts to make, as it’s so easy and tastes absolutely delicious! Plus, it only takes about 20 minutes to prepare, which is a real bonus for busy days. I guarantee you will love this dish as much as I do!
Sweet Sticky Rice and Mango Recipe
- 2 cups short-grain white rice
- 3 cups water
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 ripe mangoes, peeled and diced
- Alright! Let’s get cooking! Start by rinsing the 2 cups of short-grain white rice in a sieve or colander.
- Place the rinsed rice in a medium saucepan and add 3 cups of water, 2 tablespoons of coconut oil, 1 tablespoon of sugar and 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Put the saucepan on the stovetop and turn the flame to high. When the water starts to boil, lower the flame to simmer, cover the saucepan with a lid and let it cook for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes of cooking, turn off the heat and let the rice sit for 10 more minutes.
- While the rice is cooking, peel and dice two ripe mangoes.
- When the rice is finished cooking, fluff it with a fork and add the diced mangoes. Mix everything together until the mangoes are evenly distributed throughout the rice.
- Sweet Sticky Rice and Mango is ready to serve! Enjoy!
- Calories: 360
- Fat: 7g
- Carbohydrates: 63g
- Protein: 4g
- Sodium: 510mg
- Sugar: 11g
What makes sweet sticky rice and mango such a special combination?
You may not think of sweet sticky rice and mango as an obvious combination, but it’s one of the best out there! The amazing thing about this duo is that the textures and flavors complement each other perfectly. The slightly sweet and fluffy texture of the sticky rice balances out the juicy sweetness of the mango, making it a must-try for anyone looking for something different and delicious.
The combination of sweet sticky rice and mango is also incredibly versatile. You can serve it as a dessert, as a side dish, or even as a main course. It’s a great way to add a sweet and exotic twist to your meal and make it stand out from the rest.
The best part about this combination is that it’s incredibly easy to put together. All you need to do is cook up some sticky rice and top it off with fresh mango slices. You can also add some shredded coconut and a dash of lime juice for more flavor and texture.
Sweet sticky rice and mango is the perfect combination of flavor and texture. It’s a delicious and unique way to enjoy a classic dish and make it stand out from the rest.
What are the health benefits of sweet sticky rice and mango?
Have you ever tried sweet sticky rice and mango? It’s a delicious Asian dessert that is beloved by many around the world. But did you know that it can also be beneficial for your health? Here are the health benefits of sweet sticky rice and mango:
- High in Vitamins and Minerals: Sweet sticky rice and mango are packed with essential vitamins and minerals such as Vitamin B1, B2, and B3, as well as magnesium, potassium, and zinc.
- Healthy Fats: Sweet sticky rice and mango contain healthy fats that can help to keep your heart healthy. The healthy fats in this dessert also help to reduce bad cholesterol levels.
- Fiber: Sweet sticky rice and mango are a great source of fiber, which can help to promote digestion and reduce constipation.
- Antioxidants: Sweet sticky rice and mango contain antioxidants that can help to protect your body from cell damage caused by free radicals.
- Low in Calories: Sweet sticky rice and mango are low in calories, so you can enjoy a delicious dessert without worrying about gaining weight.
So, as you can see, sweet sticky rice and mango can be a great addition to your diet.
What are some tips for making the sweet sticky rice and mango experience even more enjoyable?
Make sure you get the ratio of rice to coconut milk right – you should aim for a ratio of 1:1.5. This ensures that your sticky rice is soft and fragrant with a hint of sweetness.
- Toast the sticky rice before you add the coconut milk. This adds another layer of depth to the flavor.
- Add some pandan leaves to the coconut milk when you’re cooking the sticky rice. This will give the rice a distinctive pandan flavor.
- Slice the mangoes thinly so that they’re easier to mix with the sticky rice.
- Garnish the plate with a sprinkle of roasted sesame or coconut flakes for a crunchy texture.
- Give it a Thai twist by adding some chopped peanuts, dried shrimp, or a squeeze of lime juice.
- Enjoy your sweet sticky rice and mango with an ice-cold glass of Thai iced tea or coconut water.
How can you make sure your sweet sticky rice and mango dish turns out perfect?
You can make sure your sweet sticky rice and mango dish turns out perfect with a few simple tips and tricks! First, make sure to soak the rice in water for at least 30 minutes before cooking it. This will ensure that it cooks evenly and doesn’t turn out soggy and clumpy. Secondly, when it comes to adding the mango, make sure to use ripe mangoes for maximum flavor. Ripe mangoes should be slightly soft to the touch and sweetly fragrant when you smell them. Finally, it’s important to not overcook the rice. Keep a close eye on it and use a timer. Once the timer goes off, you can turn off the heat and let the rice sit for a few minutes to ensure it’s perfectly cooked.
What other ingredients work well with sweet sticky rice and mango?
When it comes to sweet sticky rice and mango, the possibilities are endless! To take the flavors of this classic combination to the next level, you can add a variety of other ingredients. Coconut milk, fresh fruit, and nuts are popular additions that work well with the sweet and sticky rice and mango.
Coconut milk is a great way to add a rich, creamy flavor to the dish. You can use it as a topping or mix it in with the rice. Fresh fruit such as pineapple, bananas, and berries also work well with sweet sticky rice and mango. These provide a burst of sweetness and a pop of color. Nuts like almonds, cashews, and macadamia nuts add a crunchy texture to the dish and are a great way to add more flavor.
These ingredients can be added to the dish as a topping or mixed in with the rice. If you’re feeling adventurous, you can even create your own version of the classic dish by adding your favorite ingredients.
What are some creative ways to serve sweet sticky rice and mango?
There are so many creative ways to serve up sweet sticky rice and mango! Let’s explore a few of the possibilities.
For a classic twist, you can steam the sticky rice with some mango slices and then top the whole dish with a sprinkle of sesame seeds and a drizzle of honey. This simple yet flavorful combo will make for a delicious dessert.
If you’re feeling adventurous, you can also try making mango sticky rice sushi! Cut the mangoes into thin slices and then wrap a sticky rice ball with a thin layer of seaweed. Finish it off with a sprinkle of sesame seeds, and you’ve got yourself the perfect fusion treat.
You can also get creative with presentation by molding the sticky rice and mango into fun shapes. Put the sticky rice in a bowl and mix it with some mango puree to create a clay-like consistency. Then, you can use the mixture to form shapes like stars and hearts, or even your favorite animal!
Finally, why not make a tropical parfait with sweet sticky rice and mango? Layer the sticky rice with mango slices, coconut flakes, and chopped macadamia nuts for an irresistible tropical treat.
How can you make sweet sticky rice and mango with fewer calories?
You can make a delicious and healthier version of sweet sticky rice and mango with fewer calories by using a few simple substitutions.
First, you need to use a low-calorie sweetener such as stevia or monk fruit instead of regular sugar. This will reduce the amount of calories in your dish without compromising on taste.
Next, you can replace white rice with brown rice, which is lower in calories, higher in fiber, and provides more nutritional benefits. You can also replace regular coconut milk with light coconut milk to reduce the amount of fat and calories in the dish.
Finally, you can add other healthy ingredients to the dish such as fresh fruits, nuts, and seeds. These ingredients will not only add flavor, but they will also provide additional nutrients and can help to reduce the overall calorie content of the dish.
By following these simple substitutions, you can make a delicious and healthier version of sweet sticky rice and mango with fewer calories.