I love baking and nothing is more enjoyable than a delicious Summer Fruit Tart. This recipe is easy to make and the result is simply heavenly. With a buttery and flaky crust and a sweet, tart, and juicy filling, it’s a treat that’s too good to pass up. I’ve been making this tart for years now, and it’s always a hit with family and friends. Give it a try and you won’t be disappointed!
Summer Fruit Tart Recipe
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cold butter
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups of fresh summer fruit (such as strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, peaches, and/or raspberries)
- 1/4 cup apricot jam
- 2 tablespoons water
- Hey there! Today, we’re making a delicious Summer Fruit Tart. Grab the following ingredients: 1/2 cup all-purpose flour, 1/4 cup cold butter, 1/4 cup sugar, 1 egg yolk, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, 3 cups of fresh summer fruit (such as strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, peaches, and/or raspberries), 1/4 cup apricot jam, and 2 tablespoons water.
- Alright! Let’s get started. First, preheat your oven to 350°F.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour and butter. Use a pastry blender or your hands to mix them together until the butter pieces are the size of small peas.
- Add the sugar and mix until it’s fully incorporated.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the egg yolk and vanilla extract. Add it to the flour and butter mixture, and mix until it forms a ball.
- Roll out the dough on a lightly floured work surface until it is 1/4-inch thick.
- Carefully transfer the dough to a 9-inch tart pan. Gently press the dough into the pan and trim off the excess.
- Use a fork to gently prick the bottom of the dough. Bake it in the preheated oven for 15 minutes.
- Once the tart is golden brown, let it cool.
- In a medium saucepan, heat the apricot jam and water over medium heat until the jam has melted and the mixture is smooth.
- Arrange the fresh summer fruit on top of the cooled tart shell.
- Brush the jam mixture over the fruit.
- Put the tart back in the oven and bake for an additional 40 minutes.
- Once the tart is golden brown, let it cool for 15 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
- Calories: 330
- Total Fat: 12g
- Saturated Fat: 7g
- Cholesterol: 60mg
- Sodium: 110mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 53g
- Dietary Fiber: 5g
- Sugar: 28g
- Protein: 5g
What are the best fruits to use for a summer fruit tart?
Making a summer fruit tart is a great way to show off delicious summer fruits! But with so many options, it can be hard to decide which fruits to use. To help make your tart stand out, you’ll want to choose a variety of colors and flavors. Here are some of the best fruits to use for a summer fruit tart:
- Peaches: Peaches are the perfect addition to any summer tart. Their sweet flavor and bright colors will add a pop of summer to your tart. Plus, peaches look beautiful when sliced and arranged in a tart.
- Plums: Plums are another great option for your summer tart. They have a bold flavor that adds depth to the tart and their bright purple color looks stunning. Plus, plums are full of antioxidants, so you can feel good about including them in your tart!
- Strawberries: Strawberries are a classic fruit for summer tarts. Their sweet flavor and vibrant color make them a great choice for any tart. Plus, strawberries are relatively easy to work with, so they’re a great option for novice bakers.
- Blueberries: Blueberries are a great choice for summer tarts because they add a burst of flavor and color. Plus, they’re loaded with antioxidants and are super healthy.
- Raspberries: Raspberries are another great option for summer tarts. They have a sweet yet tart flavor that pairs well with other fruits. Plus, they add a fun pop of color to your tart.
Making a summer fruit tart is a great way to show off all the delicious summer fruits. By using a variety of colors and flavors, you’ll be sure to create a tart that’s as beautiful as it is delicious.
How can you make a tart crust that is both delicious and easy to make?
Making a delicious tart crust is easy! With just a few simple ingredients and a few easy steps, you can make a tart crust that will make your summer fruit tart look and taste amazing. All you need is all-purpose flour, a pinch of salt, butter, and a bit of cold water.
Begin by preheating your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, salt, and butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add in the cold water and mix until a dough forms. Form the dough into a ball and roll out on a lightly-floured surface with a rolling pin. Place the dough into a 9-inch tart pan and press the dough into the sides and bottom of the pan. Prick the dough with a fork and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown.
Once the tart crust is done, let cool and fill with your favorite summer fruit. Serve and enjoy! With this simple and delicious recipe, you can make a tart crust that will make your summer fruit tart look and taste amazing.
What tips can you follow to assemble and decorate a summer fruit tart like a pro?
Start by preheating your oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Prepare your tart crust. Use a food processor to combine the all-purpose flour, powdered sugar, and salt. Pulse until the ingredients are mixed well. Then add cold cubed butter and use the pulse setting on the processor again until the mixture looks like small crumbs.
- Transfer the crumb mixture to a bowl and add the eggs. Use a fork to mix the eggs until the mixture looks like wet sand. Then use your hands to knead the mixture into a ball.
- Roll out the dough to the shape of the tart pan. Grease the pan with butter and line it with the dough. Cut off the sides of the crust so that it is the same size as the pan.
- Prick the bottom of the crust with a fork and bake for 15 minutes. Let it cool for a few minutes before adding the filling.
- Place the fruit into the tart crust, arranging them in a pattern or design of your choice.
- Make a glaze to give your tart a professional look. Heat some apricot jam with a bit of water in a small pot. Let the mixture simmer for a few minutes and then brush it over the tart.
- Let the tart cool down before serving.
What are the best combinations of seasonal fruits and tart crusts to make a summer tart?
When it comes to summer tarts, you can’t go wrong with a combination of seasonal fruits and tart crusts. Whether you’re looking to make a classic strawberry tart or something a bit more unique, there are plenty of options to choose from. Here are some of the best combinations of seasonal fruits and tart crusts to make a delicious summer tart:
- Strawberries and a graham cracker crust: This classic combination is a must-try for any summer tart. The sweet, juicy strawberries pair perfectly with the crunchy, buttery graham cracker crust.
- Peaches and a shortbread crust: Peaches and a shortbread crust make for a truly delicious summer tart. The sweetness of the peaches compliments the buttery goodness of the shortbread crust.
- Plums and an almond crust: For a unique twist on the traditional summer tart, try plums and an almond crust. The tartness of the plums is perfectly balanced by the sweetness of the almond crust.
- Apples and a puff pastry crust: Apples and a puff pastry crust are a classic combination that never fails. The flaky puff pastry crust pairs perfectly with the sweet and tart apples.
Whichever combination you decide to try, a summer tart will always make for a delicious and refreshing dessert. So, don’t be afraid to get creative with the combination of seasonal fruits and tart crusts to make the perfect summer tart.
How can you make a summer fruit tart with a unique, delicious flavor?
Making a summer fruit tart with a unique, delicious flavor is easier than you might think! All you need is a few simple ingredients and a bit of creativity. Here are some tips to get you started:
- Start with a classic tart crust. A shortcrust pastry made with butter and flour will give you a rich flavor and a great texture. You can make it yourself or purchase a pre-made pastry crust.
- Choose your fruit. A mix of in-season fruits will give you the best flavor. Consider adding peaches, apricots, blackberries, blueberries, raspberries and strawberries.
- Get creative with the filling. Consider adding fresh herbs, spices or even citrus zest to the fruit. You could also mix in a bit of sugar or honey to balance out the tartness of the fruits.
- Add a delicious topping. A streusel topping, made with butter, flour, sugar and nuts, will give you a crunchy contrast to the soft fruit and tart crust.
- Bake it in the oven. Bake the tart at a medium heat until the crust is golden and the fruit is softened. Let it cool for a few minutes before serving.
What techniques can you use to create an impressive summer tart that looks as good as it tastes?
You can create a Summer Fruit Tart that looks as good as it tastes by following a few simple techniques! To begin, choose a tart pan that is an appropriate size for the recipe you’re using, as this will help you create a tart of appropriate thickness. Next, use shortening or butter to line the tart pan and create a flaky crust that will hold the tart together.
When it comes to filling your tart, the possibilities are endless. Fresh fruit is the traditional choice, but you can also get creative with other ingredients. For example, you can use custard, chocolate, or even cookie dough to create your masterpiece. Once you’ve filled the tart, you can create an impressive design by arranging the fruit in a pattern or adding decorative touches such as a lattice top.
Finally, don’t forget the finishing touches. A glaze or a sprinkle of confectioners’ sugar can really bring out the beauty of your tart. Alternatively, you can use a light drizzle of chocolate sauce or a dusting of cocoa powder to give your tart a little extra pizzazz.
What are some creative ways to serve a summer fruit tart?
Cool off on a hot summer day with a delicious summer fruit tart! There are plenty of creative and exciting ways to serve this delightful treat. Here are some of the most delicious and unique ways to present your summer fruit tart!
First, why not switch up the traditional tart crust and try creating one with a graham cracker crust? You can also use a combination of graham crackers, honey, and melted butter to create a sweet and crunchy crust. The great thing about a graham cracker crust is that it can easily be dressed up with a variety of toppings.
Another creative way to serve a summer fruit tart is to assemble individual tartlets. This is a great way to make individual servings for a crowd. Simply cut out round circles from a pre-made tart dough and press them into mini tart pans. Then fill each tartlet with a variety of fresh fruits. Serve the individual tartlets with a dollop of freshly whipped cream on top.
If you’re looking for something a bit more unique, why not try making a tart with a chocolate crust? Simply melt some semi-sweet chocolate chips, mix in some butter, and combine with crumbled graham crackers. Press the mixture into a tart pan and bake. Once the tart is cooled, fill it with a variety of fresh fruits. Top with a few chocolate curls and a sprinkle of powdered sugar to really make the tart shine!
Finally, why not try baking your tart in a mason jar? This is a great way to add a touch of whimsy to your tart. Simply layer the jar with crushed graham crackers, a layer of fresh fruit, and then top with a sprinkle of sugar. Bake the jar in the oven and enjoy a delicious summer fruit tart on the go.
No matter how you choose to serve it, a summer fruit tart is sure to be a hit.