Taco night was a ritual growing up, and I remember all the anticipation that came with it. But there was nothing like the first time I tried a Street Taco with Mango Salsa. The bright, sweet-tangy salsa combined with the flavorful taco was a sublime combination that has stayed with me ever since. This is my go-to recipe for a delicious and easy taco night.
Street Taco with Mango Salsa Recipe
- 3 soft taco shells
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 1/2 cup diced tomato
- 1 mango, diced
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup crumbled Cotija cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced jalapeno peppers (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- In a small bowl, mix the garlic powder, onion powder, chili powder, smoked paprika, and cumin together.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the ground beef and the spice mixture, and cook until the beef is browned and cooked through, about 8 minutes.
- Finish off the taco filling by adding the diced onion and tomato to the skillet. Cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- While the taco filling is cooking, prepare the mango salsa. In a medium bowl, combine the diced mango, lime juice, chopped cilantro, salt, and pepper. Mix until all of the ingredients are combined.
- Place your taco shells onto a baking sheet and place in the preheated oven for about 5 minutes to warm them.
- Remove the taco shells from the oven and divide the taco filling evenly among the three taco shells.
- Top the tacos with the mango salsa, crumbled Cotija cheese, and sliced jalapeno peppers (optional).
- Serve your Street Tacos with Mango Salsa immediately. Enjoy!
- Calories: 495
- Total Fat: 28g
- Saturated Fat: 10g
- Cholesterol: 77mg
- Sodium: 512mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 34g
- Dietary Fiber: 4g
- Sugar: 13g
- Protein: 25g
What are the flavor profiles of street tacos with mango salsa?
Street tacos with mango salsa have a variety of flavor profiles that can range from sweet and sour to spicy and savory. The sweetness of the mango is balanced with the tartness of lime juice, creating a perfect balance of tart and sweet. The spiciness of the jalapeños, garlic, and cilantro provide a kick of flavor to the dish. Finally, a hint of smoky flavor from the smoked paprika rounds out the flavor profile. Together, these ingredients create an unforgettable flavor experience.
What type of meat is best for street tacos with mango salsa?
The best type of meat for street tacos with mango salsa is beef.
When it comes to street tacos, beef is the classic choice. It’s a relatively inexpensive option that provides a good amount of flavor, especially when seasoned with traditional spices like cumin, chili powder, and garlic. The beefiness also pairs perfectly with the sweetness of mango salsa, creating a delicious contrast of flavors.
In addition to beef, chicken is also a good option for street tacos with mango salsa. It’s leaner than beef, so it won’t be as filling, and it takes on seasonings well. Plus, when cooked properly, it has a subtle sweetness that pairs perfectly with the sweetness of mango salsa.
If you’re looking for a more unique option, consider using pork in your street tacos with mango salsa. Pork is a great source of flavor and has a nice balance of fat and lean meat. It can also be cooked in a variety of ways, from slow-roasting or grilling to frying or stir-frying. Plus, it also pairs nicely with the sweetness of mango salsa.
No matter what type of meat you choose to use in your street tacos with mango salsa, be sure to season it properly with spices like cumin, chili powder, and garlic. This will add an extra layer of flavor to your tacos and make them even more flavorful and delicious.
What are the health benefits of street tacos with mango salsa?
Eating street tacos with mango salsa has a variety of health benefits that make it a nutritious and delicious meal.
The following are some of the health benefits associated with street tacos with mango salsa:
- Low in Calories: Street tacos with mango salsa are relatively low in calories and can make a great alternative to a high-calorie meal.
- Rich in Antioxidants: Mangoes are a great source of antioxidants which help protect the body from oxidative damage and have been linked to a variety of health benefits.
- High in Fiber: The combination of mangoes, tomatoes, and other vegetables in the salsa provides a good source of dietary fiber which can help promote digestion and keep you feeling fuller for longer.
- High in Vitamins and Minerals: The salsa is also packed with vitamins and minerals such as Vitamin A, Vitamin C, and potassium, which are important for maintaining overall health.
- Low in Fat: Street tacos with mango salsa are also low in fat, making them a healthier alternative to other high-fat meals.
Overall, street tacos with mango salsa can be a healthy and delicious meal that offers a variety of health benefits.
What is the best way to prepare mango salsa for street tacos?
The best way to prepare mango salsa for street tacos is to combine ripe mangos, red onion, jalapeno pepper, cilantro, lime juice, salt, and a dash of your favorite hot sauce. The combination of sweet and spicy flavors create a delicious topping for your street tacos.
When selecting your mangos, look for ones that are ripe but still firm to the touch. Avoid any mangos that are overly soft, bruised, or have brown spots. Once you have your mangos, peel and dice them into small cubes.
The red onion and jalapeno pepper should be finely chopped. The amount of jalapeno can be adjusted to taste; for a milder salsa, you can remove the seeds and the ribs from the jalapeno before dicing.
Next, finely chop the cilantro and add it to the other ingredients. Squeeze fresh lime juice over the mixture and season with salt, to taste. Finally, stir in a few drops of your favorite hot sauce. The mango salsa is now ready to be served with your street tacos.
Mango salsa adds a unique, tropical twist to your street tacos, and it is easy to make. The combination of sweet mangos, spicy jalapeno, and zesty lime will make your street tacos truly irresistible.
What other toppings can be added to street tacos with mango salsa?
When it comes to street tacos with mango salsa, the possibilities for additional toppings are endless. Some of the most common toppings include lettuce, cheese, tomatoes, cilantro, and diced onions. Avocado slices, sour cream, and jalapeños can also be added to give the taco a spicy kick. For a more unique flavor, try adding mango slices, pico de gallo, or even diced pineapple. If you’re looking for a truly unique flavor combination, you can try adding different types of hot sauce, such as chipotle or habanero. To make the taco even more filling, consider adding grilled chicken or beef. No matter what you choose, the combinations of delicious toppings with mango salsa will make any street taco an unforgettable experience.
How can street tacos with mango salsa be served in a restaurant?
Serving street tacos with mango salsa in a restaurant is a great way to add a new, flavorful twist to the menu. These tacos can be served as a meal option or an appetizer.
To serve street tacos in a restaurant, the tacos should be made with fresh ingredients. The tortillas can be either store-bought or homemade, and should be lightly grilled before assembling the tacos. The fillings should be made with fresh vegetables such as tomatoes, onions, and peppers, as well as seasoned beef, chicken, or pork. Once the tacos are assembled, they can be topped with mango salsa and served with a side of chips and salsa.
To make the mango salsa, fresh mango, onion, jalapeno, cilantro, lime juice, and salt should be combined and gently mixed together. If desired, additional ingredients such as garlic, avocado, or bell peppers can be added. The salsa should then be refrigerated until ready to serve.
When serving street tacos with mango salsa in a restaurant, the tacos can be served individually or as a platter for multiple people to share. The tacos can be served with a side of rice, beans, and/or salad, or served with chips and salsa. This is a great option for guests looking for a flavorful, unique meal.
By offering street tacos with mango salsa in a restaurant, guests can enjoy a delicious, unique meal. These tacos are sure to be a hit with customers, and can be easily prepared with fresh ingredients.