Veggie-Licious Spaghetti With Meatless Meatballs
I remember the first time I ever tried spaghetti with meatless meatballs – I was amazed at the delicious flavor and texture. It tasted just like the real thing, but without all the unhealthy fats and calories. I’m here to share the recipe with you, so you can experience the same incredible taste. With just a few simple ingredients and a few minutes of cooking, you’ll be able to enjoy a delicious and healthy meal that will have everyone asking for seconds!
Spaghetti and Meatless Meatballs Recipe
- 1 lb spaghetti
- 1 16-ounce package of vegan meatless meatballs
- 1 28-ounce can of crushed tomatoes
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup grated vegan Parmesan cheese
- Let’s get started on making some delicious Spaghetti and Meatless Meatballs! Gather all your ingredients: 1 lb of spaghetti, 1 16-ounce package of vegan meatless meatballs, 1 28-ounce can of crushed tomatoes, 1 onion, diced, 3 cloves garlic, minced, 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning, 1 teaspoon dried oregano, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil, 1 tablespoon olive oil, and 1/4 cup grated vegan Parmesan cheese.
- Start by heating up a large pot of salted water to a boil on the stove. Once the water is boiling, add the spaghetti and cook until al dente, about 8-10 minutes.
- While the spaghetti is cooking, heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the diced onion and sauté until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the minced garlic, Italian seasoning, oregano, salt and pepper and sauté until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add the vegan meatless meatballs and cook until lightly browned, about 5 minutes.
- Add the crushed tomatoes and bring to a simmer. Reduce the heat to low and cook for another 10 minutes.
- When the spaghetti is done cooking, drain and add it to the skillet with the sauce. Stir to combine and cook for 1-2 minutes to heat everything through.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the chopped basil and vegan Parmesan cheese.
- Serve the spaghetti and meatless meatballs garnished with a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese, if desired. Enjoy!
- Total Time: 25 minutes preparation time + 25 minutes cooking time + 10 minutes additional time = 1 hour
- Calories: 562 kcal
- Fat: 15.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 79.3 g
- Protein: 23.2 g
- Sodium: 890 mg
- Fiber: 8.5 g
- Sugar: 11.5 g
What is so special about this recipe?
This recipe for spaghetti and meatless meatballs is special for a few reasons. First of all, it is incredibly delicious! The combination of savory, herb-filled meatless meatballs and a simple tomato sauce make for a satisfying meal that’s sure to please even the pickiest eaters. Plus, it’s totally vegan, meaning it’s packed with plant-based proteins and vitamins, making it a nutritious and filling option. Finally, it’s easy to make and won’t take too much time or effort to whip up.
What benefits do the meatless meatballs provide?
Meatless meatballs are a great option for anyone looking to reduce their consumption of animal-based proteins while still enjoying the beloved taste of classic spaghetti and meatballs.
- These meatless meatballs are typically made with plant-based proteins like lentils, mushrooms, or quinoa, providing a nutritious, delicious, and sustainable alternative to traditional meatballs.
- By substituting plant-based proteins for animal-based proteins, meatless meatballs are packed with fiber, vitamins, and minerals.
- As an added benefit, the production of plant-based proteins generates significantly fewer carbon emissions than animal-based proteins, making these meatless meatballs an excellent choice for those looking to reduce their environmental footprint.
- Meatless meatballs are also cholesterol-free, making them a great choice for those looking to manage their cholesterol levels.
- Finally, meatless meatballs are a great way to mix up your weekly meal rotation and try something new, all while still enjoying the classic taste of spaghetti and meatballs.
Are there any tips for cooking the meatless meatballs?
Yes! Here are some tips to help make your meatless meatballs delicious:
- Start by soaking your preferred meat substitute in hot water for about 10 minutes. This will help it to become more tender and easier to work with.
- Form your meatless meatballs into small, uniform balls, as they will cook more evenly this way.
- Add some herbs and spices to your meatless meatballs for extra flavor!.
- Get creative with your sauces and toppings – try adding different vegetables, nuts, or fruits to your sauce to give it a unique twist.
- Pre-cook your meatless meatballs in the oven at 350 degrees for about 15 minutes before adding them to your spaghetti dish. This will help them to become more tender and flavorful.
How does the spaghetti and meatless meatballs compare to the traditional version?
The Spaghetti and Meatless Meatballs dish is a delicious and nutritious alternative to the traditional spaghetti with meatballs! Here’s how it compares:
- Taste: The meatless meatballs are just as flavorful as the traditional ones, with a juicy texture and a hint of Italian herbs and spices.
- Texture: The meatless meatballs have a surprisingly similar texture to regular meatballs, with a nice chew and hearty bite.
- Nutrition: The meatless meatballs are much leaner than traditional meatballs, with fewer calories and saturated fat. Plus, they’re packed with plant-based protein, fiber, and vitamins.
- Cost: Meatless meatballs are often more affordable than traditional meatballs, making them a great way to save on your grocery bill.
All in all, the Spaghetti and Meatless Meatballs dish is a delicious and nutritious alternative to the traditional version.
What are some of the ingredients used to make the meatless meatballs?
If you’re looking for a delicious vegetarian alternative to traditional spaghetti and meatballs, you’ve got to try making your own homemade meatless meatballs! The key ingredients for making these flavorful and protein-packed morsels are tofu, walnuts, and mushrooms.
Tofu is an excellent source of nutritious plant-based protein and is the star ingredient in these vegan meatballs. It gives the meatballs a nice, chewy texture and helps them hold together when cooked.
Walnuts add a subtle nutty flavor and a crunchy texture to the meatballs. Not only do they taste great, but walnuts are also packed with omega-3 fatty acids and other essential nutrients.
Mushrooms are essential in adding umami flavor and a hearty texture to the meatless meatballs. They also provide antioxidants and B vitamins that help boost your immune system.
To make the meatless meatballs, combine the tofu, walnuts, mushrooms, and the other ingredients like garlic, onion, oregano, and breadcrumbs. Shape the mixture into small balls, then bake or fry them until golden brown. Serve them with spaghetti for a delicious and nutritious vegetarian meal.
What kind of side dishes would go well with this meal?
If you’re making spaghetti and meatless meatballs, you have a lot of options when it comes to side dishes. A simple green salad is always a classic and healthy option, but there are lots of other delicious choices. Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Roasted vegetables like carrots, bell peppers, and zucchini are a great way to add some extra nutrients to the meal.
- Garlic bread is always a crowd pleaser and goes wonderfully with spaghetti and meatballs.
- Sauteed mushrooms are a tasty addition and pair nicely with the flavors in the dish.
- For a cheesy side, try making baked mac and cheese or a cheese and herb focaccia.
- Roasted potatoes are a great way to add some crunch and flavor to the meal.
No matter what side dish you choose, it’s sure to be a delicious addition to your spaghetti and meatless meatballs.