Easy Slow Cooker Peach Crisp Recipe
I love the ease of using a slow cooker to make an irresistible dessert. Recently, I tried making Slow Cooker Peach Crisp and it was a huge hit! This recipe is simple to follow and the results are always delicious. If you’re looking for a dessert that will wow a crowd, this is it!
Slow Cooker Peach Crisp Recipe
- 3 large peaches, peeled, pitted and sliced into 1/4 inch wedges
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut into small cubes
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Start by prepping your ingredients for the slow cooker peach crisp. Peel, pit and slice 3 large peaches into 1/4 inch wedges.
- In a medium bowl, mix together ¼ cup light brown sugar, ¼ cup all purpose flour, 2 tablespoons granulated sugar, 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon, 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg, 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger, and ¼ teaspoon salt.
- Cut 2 tablespoons of cold unsalted butter into small cubes and add to the sugar and flour mixture, stirring to combine.
- Place the peach wedges in the bottom of your slow cooker. Sprinkle the sugar and flour mixture over the top of the peaches.
- Cover the slow cooker and cook on low for 3-4 hours or until the peaches are tender.
- When the peaches are tender, remove the lid from the slow cooker and turn the heat up to high. Continue to cook for an additional 30 minutes, or until the top is golden and the peaches are bubbly.
- Serve the slow cooker peach crisp warm with a scoop of ice cream for an extra special treat. Enjoy!
- Calories: 288
- Fat: 8.2g
- Carbohydrates: 51.5g
- Protein: 2.5g
- Sodium: 159mg
- Sugar: 31.5g
What makes this slow cooker peach crisp recipe such a great choice for a summer dessert?
This slow cooker peach crisp recipe is such a great choice for a summer dessert because it’s incredibly easy to make and utterly delicious! Plus, it makes a great way to use up all of those juicy, ripe peaches that are so abundant this time of year. The slow cooker helps to draw out the natural sweetness of the peaches and intensifies the flavors, while the oat and almond topping adds the perfect amount of crunch. You can even add a scoop of ice cream or some whipped cream on top for a truly decadent treat.
What are some tips for using a slow cooker for baking a dessert like this peach crisp?
Use a slow cooker liner if you have one – it will make for much easier clean up afterwards!
- Always use a slow cooker insert that is made for baking. This will help to prevent burning or sticking.
- Make sure to spray the insert with cooking spray to help the dessert from sticking.
- Use a thermometer to check the internal temperature of the dessert. It should be at least 165F before it is safe to eat.
- When adding the topping, make sure it is evenly spread across the top of the filling.
- Check on the dessert regularly, stirring and adjusting the temperature as needed.
- When the dessert is done, let it cool before serving.
How can you make sure the peaches are cooked perfectly when making this slow cooker peach crisp?
Cooking peaches perfectly in the slow cooker for peach crisp doesn’t have to be a daunting task! All you need to do is make sure you give yourself enough time for the peaches to cook through. Depending on the size of the peach pieces and the size of your slow cooker, it could take anywhere from 2 to 4 hours. To determine if the peaches are cooked, simply use a fork to gently pierce them. If the fork slides through easily, your peaches are ready to be combined with the other ingredients to make the delicious peach crisp. If they are still a little firm, let them cook for a bit longer.
What are some topping suggestions to make this slow cooker peach crisp even more delicious?
If you’re looking to take your slow cooker peach crisp to the next level, you’ve come to the right place! With just a few simple additions, you can make your dessert even more delicious. Here are some topping suggestions to make your slow cooker peach crisp even more irresistible.
For starters, why not add a scoop of ice cream? Nothing says decadence quite like a scoop of vanilla or salted caramel ice cream melting on top of a hot and bubbly peach crisp. If you’re looking for something a little lighter, you could top your crisp with greek yogurt and some honey. The sweet and tart flavor of the yogurt will be a perfect complement to the warm and spicy peach filling.
Another great topping suggestion is to add a splash of cream. Whether you choose cream, half and half, or coconut milk, the creamy texture will add a rich and luxurious flavor to the crisp. Plus, the cream will help to balance out the sweetness of the peaches.
Finally, don’t forget the nuts. Chopped walnuts, hazelnuts, pecans, or almonds will add an extra crunch and nutty flavor to the crisp. Or you could try adding a sprinkle of granola for a bit more texture.
With these topping suggestions, your slow cooker peach crisp will be even more delicious and irresistible.
What other fruit combinations work well for making a slow cooker crisp?
If you’re looking for an easy and delicious way to enjoy a seasonal favorite, a slow cooker peach crisp is a great option. But don’t just limit yourself to peaches! You can also use a variety of other fruits to make a tasty crisp. Apples, plums, and nectarines all work wonderfully in this recipe, and they can be used by themselves or in combination with other fruits. Just keep in mind that different fruits may require different cooking times, so you may need to adjust the cooking time depending on the type of fruit you use. For a sweet and tart flavor combination, try combining apples and cranberries. For a tropical twist, you can pair pineapples and mangos. The possibilities are endless! So don’t hesitate to get creative and experiment with different combinations. You’re sure to end up with a delicious and unique slow cooker crisp that your family will love.