I’m a huge fan of fried rice, so when I tried out this shrimp fried rice recipe for the first time, I was over the moon! It’s a great way to use up leftover cooked rice, and the succulent shrimp, crunchy vegetables and zesty sauces combine to make a mouth-watering dish. Plus, it’s really easy to prepare, so I can whip it up in no time at all. I’m sure you’re going to love my shrimp fried rice recipe as much as I do!
Shrimp Fried Rice Recipe
- 1 ½ cups uncooked white rice
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 ½ cups small cooked shrimp
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons Shaoxing wine
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- ½ teaspoon white pepper
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1/3 cup frozen peas, thawed
- Start by getting all of your ingredients prepared. Measure out 1 ½ cups of uncooked white rice, mince 2 cloves of garlic, dice 1 green bell pepper, and slice 2 scallions. Thaw out about 1/3 cup of frozen peas. In a separate bowl, mix together 2 eggs, 3 tablespoons soy sauce, 2 tablespoons sesame oil, 2 tablespoons Shaoxing wine, 2 tablespoons sugar, ½ teaspoon white pepper, and ¼ teaspoon ground ginger.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of canola oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add in the minced garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Add in the cooked shrimp and stir-fry for 2 minutes.
- Push everything to the sides of the skillet, create an opening in the center, and add in the beaten eggs. Scramble the eggs until cooked through.
- Add in the white rice, stirring everything together to combine.
- Add the soy sauce mixture, stirring to combine.
- Add the green bell pepper, scallions, and peas. Cook for 1 minute.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and cook for about 5 minutes or until the rice is cooked through and everything is combined.
- Serve the shrimp fried rice hot with a sprinkle of extra scallions and sesame oil to taste. Enjoy!
- Calories: 598
- Fat: 18g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Cholesterol: 187mg
- Sodium: 1046mg
- Carbohydrates: 73g
- Fiber: 5g
- Sugar: 7g
- Protein: 30g
Looking for a delicious and easy-to-make dinner recipe?
Yes! If you’re looking for an easy-to-make and delicious dinner recipe, look no further than this amazing shrimp fried rice. It’s the perfect comfort food that’s packed with flavor and is sure to satisfy your entire family. Plus, you don’t need to be a master chef to prepare it. All you need is a few basic ingredients, some prep time, and a few simple steps.
You’ll start with uncooked white rice, which is the base of the fried rice. To give the rice a great flavor, you’ll then sauté it in oil with garlic, onions, and carrots. Once the rice is cooked, you’ll add shrimp and mix in some soy sauce and sesame oil. Finally, you’ll top off the fried rice with some fresh green onions.
The beauty of this shrimp fried rice is that it’s so versatile. If you don’t like shrimp, you can easily substitute it for chicken or beef. You can also switch up the vegetables and add whatever you have on hand. And of course, if you prefer more of a kick, you can always add some hot sauce or chili flakes.
So if you’re looking for an easy-to-make and delicious dinner that’s sure to please the entire family, this shrimp fried rice is the perfect option. It’s delicious, packed with flavor, and versatile.
What’s so great about this shrimp fried rice recipe?
If you’re looking for a delicious and quick dinner, look no further than this shrimp fried rice recipe! It’s loaded with flavor and takes just 30 minutes to make. Not only that, but it is a healthier alternative when compared to takeout, as it is made with fresh ingredients.
This shrimp fried rice recipe is made with simple ingredients that you may already have in your kitchen, such as frozen peas and carrots, cooked shrimp, and cooked white rice. All you have to do is stir-fry the ingredients in a sauce made with soy sauce, sesame oil, ginger, and garlic. The result is a flavorful and satisfying dish that is sure to please the whole family.
In addition to being tasty and quick to make, this shrimp fried rice dish is also versatile. If you don’t have shrimp on hand, simply substitute with other proteins, such as chicken or tofu. You can also add in different vegetables, such as bell peppers, mushrooms, or broccoli.
So why not give this shrimp fried rice recipe a try tonight? It’s a great way to get a delicious and nutritious meal on the table in no time.
How do you make a flavorful fried rice dish?
Making a flavorful fried rice dish is easy! Here are a few tips to help you make your shrimp fried rice stand out:
- Start with quality ingredients – Choose good quality rice and shrimp, as this will make all the difference to the final dish.
- Add flavorsome sauces – Give your rice a boost of flavor with some soy sauce or fish sauce. Try adding a few teaspoons of sesame oil for a nutty flavor.
- Spice it up – Give your shrimp fried rice a kick with some chili flakes or fresh chili peppers. You can also experiment with other spices like garlic or ginger for a more complex flavor.
- Top it off – Add some fresh herbs like cilantro or basil for a finishing touch. You can also sprinkle on some toasted sesame seeds or chopped peanuts to make it even more delicious.
What are the tips and tricks for getting the perfect fried rice texture?
Use cold, cooked rice that’s been chilled in the refrigerator: If you’re using freshly cooked rice, make sure to cool it down before using it for fried rice. Refrigerating the rice for at least an hour before cooking gives it time to firm up and will help you achieve the perfect texture.
- Use a wok or large skillet: A wok is ideal for frying rice because it’s designed to hold a large amount of ingredients and helps you to evenly distribute heat. If you don’t have a wok, a large skillet should do the trick.
- Start with the protein: Begin by cooking the protein of your choice in oil in the wok or skillet. Make sure to cook it fully before adding the rice.
- Don’t be afraid of high heat: If you want to get the perfect fried rice texture, don’t be afraid to turn up the heat. A higher temperature helps to create the perfect texture.
- Don’t over-stir: This is a common mistake that many people make when making fried rice. Over-stirring will make the rice mushy and clump together. Stir gently and quickly, just enough to ensure that all the ingredients are well combined.
- Add the seasoning at the end: Seasonings like soy sauce, oyster sauce, fish sauce, and sesame oil can be added at the end of the cooking process. This will give the fried rice an extra flavor boost.
- Allow the fried rice to cool down: After you’ve cooked the fried rice, allow it to cool down for a few minutes before serving. This will help you to achieve the perfect texture.
What are the key ingredients for shrimp fried rice?
If you’re looking for a delicious meal that’s easy to make, look no further than shrimp fried rice! All you need are a few key ingredients: shrimp, eggs, carrots, onions, garlic, and rice. To make this popular dish, you’ll want to start by sautéing the carrots, onions, garlic, and shrimp in some oil until the shrimp is cooked through. Once the shrimp is ready, set it aside and crack the eggs into the same pan. Scramble the eggs until they’re completely cooked, then add the cooked rice and shrimp to the eggs. Stir everything together and season with salt, pepper, and soy sauce to taste.
What is the best way to cook shrimp for shrimp fried rice?
You’re in luck! Shrimp fried rice is easy to make, and the secret to perfectly cooked shrimp every time is no secret at all. All you need is a few simple ingredients and a few minutes of your time, and you’ll be on your way to enjoying a delicious dish. Here’s how to do it:
First, heat oil in a wok or large pan over medium-high heat until hot. Add the shrimp and cook until they turn pink, about 2-3 minutes per side. Once they’re cooked through, remove them from the pan and set aside.
Next, add the garlic and onion to the pan and cook until softened, about 2 minutes. Add the cooked rice and stir to combine. Cook for a few minutes, stirring frequently.
Finally, add the cooked shrimp back to the pan and season with salt, pepper, and soy sauce. Stir to combine and cook for another 2 minutes.
Your shrimp fried rice is now ready to serve. The shrimp should be perfectly cooked, tender on the inside, and slightly crispy on the outside.
Ready to make some delicious shrimp fried rice?
Yes you are! Let’s get cooking! Making shrimp fried rice is easy, delicious, and only requires a few simple ingredients. So grab your favorite wok and cooking utensils, and let’s get started.
Step one: Begin by heating a tablespoon of oil in the wok. Once the oil is hot, add in one minced garlic clove and one teaspoon of minced ginger. Fry for about 30 seconds or until fragrant.
Step two: Add one pound of peeled and deveined shrimp and cook for 3-4 minutes, or until the shrimp turns pink.
Step three: Now it’s time to add your favorite vegetables. Some classic options are carrots, peas, and onions. Fry the vegetables in the wok for 3-4 minutes and then add a teaspoon of soy sauce.
Step four: Add cooked white rice, stirring to combine all the ingredients. Fry the dish for another 3-4 minutes, or until the rice is heated through.
Step five: Now it’s time to add the flavors. Add a tablespoon of sesame oil and a teaspoon of rice vinegar. Taste and adjust the flavors according to your preference.
And you are done! Now it’s time to enjoy your delicious shrimp fried rice. Serve the dish warm and garnish with fresh herbs and a sprinkle of sesame seeds.