Deliciously Simple Sheet Pan Smoked Sausage, Apple, And Root Veggie Dinner
I’m always looking for quick and easy meals that don’t skimp on flavor, and this Sheet Pan Smoked Sausage, Apple, and Root Veggie Dinner is definitely a winner! I’m always amazed at how much flavor you can pack into one single sheet pan dinner – and the best part is that it’s so easy to make. The combination of smoky sausage, crisp apples, and sweet root vegetables is absolutely delicious, and it’s a meal the whole family can enjoy. So grab your sheet pan, some ingredients, and let’s get cooking!
Sheet Pan Smoked Sausage, Apple, and Root Veggie Dinner Recipe
- 1 lb smoked sausage, sliced
- 1 large apple, diced
- 1 large sweet potato, diced
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 celery stalks, sliced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Grab a large sheet pan and line it with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine the sliced sausage, diced apple, diced sweet potato, diced onion, sliced celery, diced carrots, minced garlic, olive oil, butter, smoked paprika, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Spread the mixture evenly onto the prepared sheet pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25-30 minutes, stirring once halfway through.
- After 25-30 minutes, remove the pan from the oven and turn the oven up to 400 degrees.
- Return the pan to the oven and bake for an additional 7-8 minutes, or until the veggies are tender and the sausage is golden brown and cooked through.
- Turn the oven off and remove the pan from the oven. Allow the sausage, apple, and root veggie dinner to cool for at least 8 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
- Calories: 534
- Fat: 27.4g
- Saturated Fat: 8.3g
- Carbohydrates: 48.3g
- Fiber: 8.3g
- Sugar: 18.2g
- Protein: 22.2g
- Sodium: 1084mg
What makes this sheet pan dinner so special?
You’re going to love this sheet pan dinner! Not only is it incredibly easy to make, but it packs maximum flavor into each bite. The smoked sausage, tart apples, and earthy root veggies work together perfectly to create a delicious and balanced meal. Plus, the roasting process gives the vegetables a unique sweet and smoky flavor.
For a delicious smoky-sweet flavor, the root veggies are tossed with a blend of olive oil, smoked paprika, and garlic. The smoked sausage is then added to the mixture and everything is spread evenly on a sheet pan. The apples are placed on top and the pan is roasted in the oven until the vegetables are tender and the sausage is crisp.
The result is a comforting and hearty dinner that the entire family will love. Plus, the entire meal can be cooked in one pan, making it a breeze to clean up. With the perfect mix of flavors, this sheet pan dinner is sure to become a regular in your dinner rotation.
What are the benefits of using a sheet pan for this dinner?
You’re about to discover some of the amazing benefits of using a sheet pan for this amazing Sheet Pan Smoked Sausage, Apple, and Root Veggie Dinner! Here’s why you should use a sheet pan for this delicious dinner:
- One-pan convenience: You can whip up this delicious dinner with just one pan. All of the ingredients are cooked together on the sheet pan, which makes for easy, one-pan prep and cleanup.
- Versatile cooking: You can easily customize the ingredients for this dinner. Swap out the smoked sausage for chicken or add some other root vegetables like parsnips or turnips. The possibilities are endless!.
- Even cooking: With a sheet pan, heat is evenly distributed, so all of the ingredients cook in the same amount of time.
- Great presentation: Serve the dinner up on the sheet pan for a beautiful presentation. It’s a great addition to any dinner table!.
So don’t hesitate to use a sheet pan for this delicious dinner.
How do the smoked sausage, apple and root veggies all work together in this dish?
This dish is a flavorful and unique combination of smoked sausage, apples and root veggies! The sweet and tart flavor of the apples pair perfectly with the smokiness of the sausage. Meanwhile, the root veggies add a hearty texture to the dish.
Here’s how it all works together:
- The sweet and tart flavor of the apples balances out the smokiness of the sausage.
- The root veggies add a hearty texture to the dish.
- The combination of flavors create an incredibly flavorful and unique dish.
- The smoked sausage adds a subtle smokiness to the dish which enhances the flavors of the apples and root veggies.
- All of the ingredients are cooked together in one sheet pan, making for an easy and convenient dish.
What are some tips to ensure that this dinner comes out perfectly cooked?
Start with prepping the ingredients: Cut your veggies, apples, and sausage into similar-sized chunks so that they cook in the same amount of time.
- Arrange the ingredients in a single layer on a greased or parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Drizzle the ingredients with olive oil and season with salt, pepper, and your favorite herbs or spices.
- Bake in the oven at 375°F for 30 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
- Finish with a sprinkle of fresh herbs, like parsley or thyme, for added flavor and color.
- To ensure the dinner comes out perfectly cooked, use a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature of the sausage. It should read 165°F when done.
How can you adjust the recipe to make it healthier or to suit your tastes?
You can easily adjust the recipe for Sheet Pan Smoked Sausage, Apple, and Root Veggie Dinner to make it healthier or to suit your tastes. The great thing about this dish is that it is completely versatile and allows you to get creative with ingredients.
For a healthier version, you can switch out the smoked sausage for a leaner, low-fat protein like turkey sausage. You can also use a variety of different root vegetables to up the nutritional content and reduce the amount of oil used in the recipe. For example, you can substitute sweet potatoes and butternut squash for the potatoes and carrots.
If you are looking to make the dish more flavorful, you can experiment with spices, herbs, and seasonings. Adding a spice blend to the sausage and vegetables before roasting can give the dish a depth of flavor and kick things up a notch. You can also add fresh herbs like rosemary, thyme, and oregano to the mix.
The possibilities are endless when it comes to customizing this dish. Whether you’re looking to make it healthier or to give it a flavor boost, you can easily adjust the recipe to suit your tastes.
How long does it take to prepare and cook this sheet pan dinner?
It only takes about 30 minutes to prepare and cook this incredibly delicious sheet pan smoked sausage, apple, and root veggie dinner! All you need to do is prepare the ingredients, spread them out in one single layer on a sheet pan, pop it in the oven, and voila! You have a hearty and nutritious meal that is ready to dig into.
To break it down a bit more, prepping the ingredients takes about 10 minutes. You’ll chop the apples, onions, and root vegetables (like potatoes and carrots) into small, even cubes, then cut your smoked sausage into slices. If you want to make it even easier, you can buy pre-chopped produce, or even smoked sausage that has already been pre-sliced.
Once the ingredients are all prepped, it’s time to assemble the sheet pan dinner. Spread the ingredients out in one single layer, then drizzle with a bit of olive oil, and sprinkle with herbs and spices (thyme and rosemary are especially delicious). Pop the pan in the oven and bake for about 15-20 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender and the sausage is cooked through.
There you have it! In just 30 minutes, you’ll have a delicious and wholesome sheet pan dinner that the whole family will love.
What makes this the ultimate sheet pan dinner for a busy weeknight?
You’ll love this sheet pan dinner because it’s a deliciously complete meal that’s ready in just 30 minutes! It’s the perfect meal for busy weeknights when you don’t have a lot of time to spend in the kitchen.
Smoked sausage, apples, and root veggies are all cooked on one pan, making it an easy one-pan meal to prepare. You can also switch up the ingredients each time you make it to keep things interesting. The combination of smoky sausage, sweet apples, and earthy root veggies creates a flavor profile that the whole family will love.
Best of all, you won’t have to worry about a mess in the kitchen. This sheet pan dinner is simple to assemble and cleanup is a breeze.