This recipe for Russian Rocks I is a delicious and easy way to make a traditional Russian dessert. This dish is made with only four ingredients: cottage cheese, sour cream, sugar, and vanilla extract. It is then rolled into balls and coated in chocolate. These truffles are perfect for any occasion!
- 1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 2 eggs, separated
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 pound pitted and chopped dates
- 1 pound red and green candied cherries, chopped
- 1 pound candied pineapple
1. Preheat oven to 300°F (150°C).
2. In a large bowl, cream together the sugar and butter.
3. Add the egg yolks and mix well.
4. In a small bowl, whisk together the baking soda and warm water, then add it to the creamed mixture.
5. Sift in the flour and spices, then mix until well blended.
6. Stir in the chopped dates and candied fruits.
7 . In a separate bowl, beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form, then fold them into the batter carefully so as not to deflate them too much.
8 . Drop spoonfuls of batter onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicone mat, leaving about 2 inches (5 cm) between each one .
9 Bake for 20 minutes, or until lightly golden brown around the edges
- Servings: 24
- Calories: 250
- Fat: 10 g
- Saturated fat: 5 g
- Cholesterol: 30 mg
- Sodium: 170 mg
- Potassium: 115 mg
- Carbohydrates: 41 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Sugar: 27 g