I’m always looking for delicious and creative dinner recipes, and this Roasted Vegetable Lasagna is definitely one of my favorites! This hearty dish is loaded with flavor and nutrition, and it’s an easy way to get a tasty and satisfying meal on the table. It’s a great mix of roasted vegetables, cheese, and noodles, layered together in a delicious lasagna that’s sure to be a crowd-pleaser. Best of all, it’s incredibly simple to make! Give this Roasted Vegetable Lasagna a try tonight and you won’t be disappointed!
Roasted Vegetable Lasagna Recipe
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 head of garlic, peeled and minced
- 2 large carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 medium zucchini, diced
- 1 yellow squash, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- 10 lasagna noodles
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the garlic, carrots, bell pepper, zucchini, and yellow squash. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the oregano, basil, and sea salt. Cook for an additional 3 minutes.
- Spread 1 cup of the marinara sauce in the bottom of a 9×13 inch baking dish. Arrange 5 of the lasagna noodles over the sauce.
- Spread the cooked vegetables over the noodles, then spread the remaining 1 cup of marinara sauce over the vegetables.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the ricotta cheese, 1 cup of the mozzarella cheese, and the Parmesan cheese. Spread the cheese mixture over the marinara sauce.
- Arrange the remaining 5 lasagna noodles over the cheese mixture.
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the flour and whisk until the mixture is well blended. Slowly whisk in the milk and continue cooking until the sauce thickens.
- Pour the white sauce over the lasagna noodles. Sprinkle the remaining 1 cup of mozzarella cheese over the top.
- Bake the lasagna in the preheated oven for 90 minutes. Let stand for 30 minutes before serving. Sprinkle parsley over the top and enjoy!
- Calories: 600
- Fat: 30g
- Carbohydrates: 66g
- Protein: 32g
- Sodium: 1020mg
- Cholesterol: 66mg
- Sugar: 8g
What is the best way to make a delicious roasted vegetable lasagna?
The best way to make a delicious roasted vegetable lasagna is to start with the freshest vegetables you can find. Make sure to choose vegetables that are in season, as this will ensure maximum flavor and nutrition. Chop the vegetables into small, bite-sized pieces, and then lay them out on a lined baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt, pepper, and garlic, and then roast in a preheated oven at 375°F for 20-25 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender.
Once the vegetables are finished roasting, it’s time to assemble the lasagna. Spread a thin layer of marinara sauce on the bottom of an oven-safe baking dish. Layer with lasagna noodles, roasted vegetables, and cheese, in that order. Be sure to spread a little bit of marinara sauce between each layer, as this will help prevent the lasagna from becoming dry. Repeat until all ingredients are used up.
For the final layer, spread a generous portion of marinara sauce over the top of the lasagna and finish with a layer of cheese. Bake in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
How do you prepare the vegetables for the roasted vegetable lasagna?
To prepare the vegetables for a roasted vegetable lasagna, start by preheating your oven to 350°F.
- Peel and chop your vegetables. Popular vegetables used for roasted vegetable lasagna are zucchini, yellow squash, red bell pepper, and red onion. Cut them into small cubes or slices.
- Spread the vegetables onto a baking sheet. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle with olive oil and mix with your hands.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until the vegetables are cooked.
- When the vegetables are cooked, remove from the oven and set aside.
- Now you are ready to layer the lasagna. Start with a layer of noodles, followed by ricotta cheese, vegetables, and mozzarella cheese.
- Repeat the layering process until you reach the top.
- End with a layer of noodles and mozzarella cheese.
- Bake the lasagna at 350°F for 30 minutes.
What are some tips for assembling the roasted vegetable lasagna?
Preheat your oven to 375°F.
- Cut the vegetables of your choice into small cubes. Place them in a single layer on a baking sheet and season with a little olive oil, salt, and pepper. Roast the vegetables for about 30 minutes.
- While the vegetables are roasting, prepare your lasagna noodles according to the directions on the package.
- To make the cheese filling, combine ricotta, mozzarella, and parmesan cheese in a bowl with a pinch of salt and a pinch of pepper.
- Once the vegetables are done roasting, layer the lasagna in a 9×13 inch baking dish. Start with a layer of lasagna noodles, followed by a layer of vegetables. Spread the cheese filling over the vegetables and then continue layering the noodles and vegetables until you reach the top.
- Top the lasagna with a layer of noodles and spread the marinara sauce over the noodles. Sprinkle the top with a little mozzarella and parmesan cheese.
- Bake the lasagna in the oven, covered with foil, for 30 minutes. Then remove the foil, turn up the oven to 400°F, and bake for another 10-15 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Let the lasagna cool for about 10 minutes before serving.
What are the benefits of eating roasted vegetable lasagna?
Eating roasted vegetable lasagna is a delicious and nutritious way to enjoy a variety of vegetables in one meal. Here are just a few of the benefits of this tasty dish:
- It is a great source of essential vitamins and minerals. Vegetables like broccoli, spinach, and bell peppers are packed with vitamins A and C, as well as fiber and iron.
- It is also a good source of protein. Cheese and eggs are two key ingredients that provide this important nutrient.
- Roasted vegetable lasagna is also a great way to get your daily dose of antioxidants. The vegetables used in the dish are rich in antioxidants that help to protect your cells from damage caused by free radicals.
- It is a low-calorie meal. Each serving contains only around 300 calories, making it a great option for those looking to maintain a healthy weight.
- It is quick and easy to make. Most recipes can be prepared in under an hour and can be easily customized with your favorite vegetables.
So, not only is roasted vegetable lasagna a delicious way to get your daily dose of vegetables, but it is also a nutritious and healthy meal that can be enjoyed by the whole family.
What are the key ingredients for the perfect roasted vegetable lasagna?
If you’re looking for the perfect roasted vegetable lasagna, you’ve got to have the right ingredients! The best lasagnas combine delicious and nutritious vegetables with savory flavors and a creamy, cheesy sauce, all layered between delicious pasta. Here are some key ingredients you should consider to make the perfect roasted vegetable lasagna:
- Fresh vegetables: Roasted vegetables lend a delicious, smoky flavor to lasagna that can’t be beat. Think eggplant, peppers, onion, squash, and mushrooms.
- Herbs and spices: Garlic, oregano, basil, and other herbs and spices bring flavor and depth to the dish.
- Ricotta cheese: The creamy texture of ricotta cheese helps bind the lasagna together, while it lends a hint of tanginess.
- Mozzarella cheese: The classic cheese for lasagna, mozzarella adds a delicious creaminess to the dish.
- Parmesan cheese: This hard cheese adds the perfect amount of saltiness to the dish.
- Pasta: Lasagna noodles are the go-to for this dish. Choose a good quality brand for a delicious flavor.
- Sauce: A good tomato or marinara sauce is essential for lasagna. It adds moisture and flavor to the dish.
These are the key ingredients you should consider for the perfect roasted vegetable lasagna. With the right ingredients, you’ll have a delicious, hearty dish that everyone will love.
What kind of cheese and sauces should you use for the roasted vegetable lasagna?
When it comes to making a delicious roasted vegetable lasagna, the key is to choose the right cheeses and sauces. For the cheese, opt for a mozzarella and ricotta blend. The mozzarella will give the lasagna a nice stretchy texture, while the ricotta adds creaminess. If you’re looking for something a bit more flavorful, try adding a bit of parmesan cheese for a nutty, salty flavor.
As for the sauces, you’ll want to start by making a simple tomato sauce. Start with crushed tomatoes, add some garlic, oregano, and basil, and simmer until the sauce thickens. If you’re feeling adventurous, you could also try making an Alfredo sauce. Start by melting butter, whisking in some flour, and then slowly adding in cream. Finally, add some parmesan cheese and season with salt and pepper. Both of these sauces will bring out the flavors of the roasted vegetables and help you create the perfect lasagna.
So when you’re making your roasted vegetable lasagna, don’t forget to add the perfect cheeses and sauces. A mozzarella and ricotta blend with a simple tomato sauce, or try something more adventurous with an Alfredo sauce. Either way, you’ll end up with a delicious, comforting meal.
What are the best ways to bake the roasted vegetable lasagna?
If you’re looking for an amazing roasted vegetable lasagna recipe, look no further! This delicious dish is not only easy to make, but also incredibly flavorful, thanks to the variety of roasted vegetables. Here are the best ways to bake this lasagna, so you can have a delicious and healthy meal any night of the week.
First, preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. While it’s preheating, take your favorite selection of vegetables – we recommend mushrooms, bell peppers, zucchini, and eggplant – and spread them out on a baking sheet. Drizzle the vegetables with olive oil, salt, and pepper, then roast them in the oven for about 20 minutes.
Once the vegetables are roasted, it’s time to assemble your lasagna. Take a 9×13-inch baking dish, and spread a thin layer of marinara sauce on the bottom. Layer the roasted vegetables on top, followed by lasagna noodles and more marinara sauce. Keep layering the vegetables, noodles, and sauce until you reach the top of the dish.
Finish off the lasagna by spreading a layer of grated mozzarella cheese over the top, then bake it in the oven for about 30 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly. Once it’s done, let the lasagna cool for a few minutes before slicing and serving.