I have been making this roasted potatoes and carrots with ranch seasoning recipe for years now and it has become a family favorite. The combination of the creamy ranch seasoning with the crispness of the potatoes and carrots is simply irresistible. The beauty of this recipe is that it is so simple to prepare and it takes minimal effort to put together. Every time I serve this dish to my family, I am met with rave reviews and requests for seconds. I am so excited to share this delicious recipe with you all!
Roasted Potatoes and Carrots with Ranch Seasoning Recipe
- 3 potatoes
- 3 carrots
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ranch seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F.
- Cut the potatoes into cubes of equal size, and the carrots into sticks.
- Place the potatoes and carrots into a bowl and add the olive oil, ranch seasoning and salt and pepper.
- Mix everything together until everything is evenly coated.
- Spread the potatoes and carrots onto a baking sheet and place it in the preheated oven.
- Roast for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the potatoes and carrots are tender and golden brown.
- Let the roasted potatoes and carrots cool for about 30 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
- Calories: 233
- Total Fat: 9.3g
- Saturated Fat: 1.4g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 477mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 35.4g
- Dietary Fiber: 6.6g
- Sugars: 6.2g
- Protein: 4.5g
What makes this roasted potatoes and carrots dish so special?
This roasted potatoes and carrots dish is truly something special! The delicious combination of potatoes and carrots cooked in a blend of aromatic ranch seasoning and herbs make this an unforgettable side dish. The potatoes and carrots are cooked to perfection, with a golden color and crispy, crunchy texture that you will love. Furthermore, the ranch seasoning adds a unique flavor that can’t be found in other dishes – making it perfect for any occasion.
What are the key ingredients needed to make this delicious dish?
For this delicious roasted potatoes and carrots with ranch seasoning dish, you’ll need a few key ingredients. First, you’ll need some potatoes, carrots, and a ranch seasoning mix. You’ll also need olive oil, garlic powder, onion powder, parsley (optional), and salt and pepper to taste.
What are the health benefits of adding ranch seasoning to your dish?
Adding ranch seasoning to your dish can bring a variety of health benefits!
- Ranch seasoning is a great source of many essential vitamins and minerals, such as calcium, iron, magnesium, potassium, and phosphorus.
- It is also low in fat and can add a lot of flavor without adding too many calories.
- Many spices used in ranch seasoning have antioxidant properties, which can help to fight off free radicals and reduce inflammation.
- Additionally, some herbs and spices used in ranch seasoning have been shown to have anti-bacterial, anti-viral, and anti-fungal properties, which can help to boost the immune system.
- Finally, using ranch seasoning in place of salt can help to reduce sodium intake, which can be beneficial for individuals with high blood pressure.
What types of carrots and potatoes should be used in this recipe?
When it comes to this delicious roasted potatoes and carrots with ranch seasoning recipe, you’ll want to choose potatoes that are firm and waxy, like red bliss or Yukon Gold. Carrots should be medium-sized, preferably organic, and relatively uniform in size. For the most flavor, look for carrots with lots of vibrant orange color. If you can find young or baby carrots, that’s even better! For the perfect texture, aim for potatoes that are one- to two-inches in diameter and carrots that are half an inch thick.
How can you make sure your roasted potatoes and carrots are perfectly cooked?
The key to perfectly cooked roasted potatoes and carrots is to get the timing just right! Start by preheating your oven to 375 degrees. Cut your potatoes into uniform cubes, and make sure your carrots are cut into similarly sized pieces. Toss the potatoes and carrots with a few tablespoons of oil, some ranch seasoning, and a sprinkle of salt. Spread the potatoes and carrots out in a single layer on a baking pan and bake for 30-45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes. You’ll know your potatoes and carrots are cooked when they’re golden brown and fork-tender – just make sure to check them at the 30-minute mark and adjust cooking time if needed.
How can you make the most out of the flavor of this ranch seasoning dish?
When it comes to making the most out of the flavor of this ranch seasoning dish, the possibilities are endless! To really bring out the savory and slightly tangy notes of the ranch seasoning, try adding some fresh herbs like rosemary, thyme, or oregano—or even a combination of them. You can sprinkle the herbs onto the potatoes and carrots before they go in the oven, or you can wait until they’re done roasting and give them a final sprinkle before serving. For an extra kick, add a pinch of red pepper flakes before roasting.
If you want to give the ranch seasoning even more depth, try adding a little bit of garlic powder or onion powder to the mix. You can also try adding a squeeze of lemon or lime juice, or even a bit of balsamic vinegar. All of these ingredients will help bring out the flavor of the ranch seasoning and create a dish that’s sure to be a hit with family and friends.
No matter what ingredients you choose to add, the key is to taste as you go. That way, you can adjust the amounts of each ingredient until you get the perfect flavor balance. With a few simple additions, you can take this ranch seasoning dish to the next level.