I love the comforting warmth and sweet aroma of roasted butternut squash cream soup with ginger! I’ve been making this recipe for years, and it never fails to hit the spot. It’s the perfect cozy meal for a chilly evening, and I always get plenty of compliments when I serve it. Plus, it’s surprisingly simple to make. This recipe is sure to become a favorite in your house too!
Roasted Butternut Squash Cream Soup with Ginger Recipe
- 1 small butternut squash, peeled, seeded, and cubed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chopped fresh parsley to garnish
- Preheat your oven to 400°F.
- Peel and seed your butternut squash and cut into cubes.
- Place the cubed squash onto a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil.
- Roast the squash in the oven for 30 minutes.
- In a large pot, heat some olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the diced onion and sauté until it becomes translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and grated ginger and sauté for an additional minute.
- Add the roasted butternut squash cubes to the pot and mix everything together.
- Pour in the chicken broth and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to a simmer and let the soup cook for 15 minutes.
- Once the soup has cooked, blend it with an immersion blender until it is smooth.
- Stir in the heavy cream and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with chopped fresh parsley and serve warm. Enjoy!
- Calories: 220
- Fat: 11 g
- Carbohydrates: 27 g
- Protein: 5 g
- Sodium: 990 mg
- Fiber: 7 g
Are you looking for a delicious and nutritious soup recipe?
Yes, you are in luck! Roasted Butternut Squash Cream Soup with Ginger is the perfect comforting and nourishing soup for any occasion. With its creamy texture, sweet flavor, and nutty aroma, this soup is sure to delight your taste buds. Plus, the addition of ginger makes it even more delicious and nutritious. So, what are you waiting for? Let’s get cooking!
This recipe requires minimal ingredients and effort, yet results in a soup that is sure to impress. To start, you will need two medium-sized butternut squash, half a teaspoon of ground ginger, two tablespoons of olive oil, one cup of heavy cream, two cloves of garlic, a half teaspoon of paprika, one teaspoon of salt, and one teaspoon of freshly ground pepper.
To begin, preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and prepare your butternut squash by cutting them in half lengthwise and scooping out all the seeds. Next, brush the inside of the squash with olive oil and sprinkle with salt, pepper, and paprika. Place the squash on a baking sheet and roast it in the oven for 45 minutes or until they are golden brown and soft.
Once the squash is done roasting, let it cool for a few minutes before scooping out the flesh into a large pot. Add the garlic, ground ginger, cream, and two cups of water. Bring the mixture to a boil and reduce the heat to a low simmer. Let the soup simmer for about 15 minutes or until it is thick and creamy.
Your Roasted Butternut Squash Cream Soup with Ginger is now ready to serve. Garnish it with some chopped fresh herbs and top with a dollop of cream. Enjoy!
This creamy and delicious soup is the perfect way to warm up on a cold day. Not only is it full of flavor, it’s also packed with vitamins and minerals. Packed with antioxidants, fiber, and vitamins A and C, this soup is sure to keep you healthy and energized. So, what are you waiting for? Give this recipe a try and enjoy a hearty and nutritious soup.
Have you ever tried making a roasted butternut squash cream soup with ginger?
Yes, have you ever tried making a roasted butternut squash cream soup with ginger? It’s a delicious and easy-to-make soup that’s sure to become a staple in your kitchen! The combination of roasted butternut squash and ginger creates a unique flavor that will tantalize your taste buds. Not only is it delicious, it’s also healthy and packed with vitamins and minerals.
To make this delicious soup, you’ll need a few simple ingredients. Start by preheating your oven to 375°F. Meanwhile, wash a butternut squash and cut it into cubes. Place the cubes onto a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil and a pinch of salt. Bake for 30 minutes, or until the squash is soft and lightly browned.
Once the squash is roasted, heat a large pot over medium heat and add butter. Once the butter has melted, add diced onions, garlic, and ginger and sauté until fragrant. Next, add the roasted squash, vegetable stock, and coconut milk. Bring to a simmer and add salt and pepper to taste. Simmer for about 20 minutes, or until the squash is soft.
Finally, blend the soup until it’s smooth and creamy. Serve with a dollop of sour cream and a sprinkle of herbs and enjoy!
This roasted butternut squash cream soup with ginger is sure to become a favorite in your household. It’s easy to make, healthy, and full of flavor.
How does the roasted butternut squash cream soup with ginger taste?
The roasted butternut squash cream soup with ginger tastes delicious! It’s a scrumptious blend of hearty roasted butternut squash and the warm, comforting flavor of ginger.
Here’s what you can expect when you try this flavorful recipe:
- A creamy, comforting soup that’s bursting with flavor.
- Roasted butternut squash that gives the soup a sweet, slightly nutty taste.
- A hint of ginger that adds a subtle warmth and depth of flavor.
- A smooth, velvety texture that will leave you wanting more.
- A hint of nutmeg and a dash of chili flakes for a touch of spiciness.
- A splash of cream that adds a rich, creamy flavor.
This roasted butternut squash cream soup with ginger is the perfect comforting meal on a cold winter night.
What are some tips for making sure your soup turns out perfectly?
Making sure your soup turns out perfectly is easy if you keep in mind these simple tips:
- Start with a flavorful stock – Using a flavorful stock in your soup is essential for success. Try using homemade vegetable or chicken stock for the best results.
- Roast the vegetables – Roasting the butternut squash and onion for the soup brings out their natural sweetness and adds a delicious depth of flavor.
- Add the ginger early – Adding the ginger early in the cooking process will ensure the flavor of the ginger is infused throughout the soup.
- Taste as you go – A key to making sure your soup turns out perfectly is to taste it as you go and adjust the seasoning.
- Don’t forget the cream – The cream in this soup adds a delicious richness that is not to be missed.
- Allow the soup to simmer – Let the soup simmer for at least 15 minutes to allow the flavors to meld together.
What makes this soup special and why should you try it?
You should definitely try Roasted Butternut Squash Cream Soup with Ginger! This soup is full of delicious and comforting flavors that will warm you up on a chilly evening. Not only is it delicious and comforting, but it is also surprisingly easy to make.
The combination of butternut squash, ginger, and cream gives this soup an exotic and unique flavor. The butternut squash provides a sweet and nutty flavor, while the ginger gives it a hint of spice and zest. The cream adds a richness and smoothness to the soup, making it even more comforting and tasty.
This soup is also incredibly healthy. Butternut squash is a great source of vitamins A, C, and E, as well as potassium and magnesium. Ginger is known to have anti-inflammatory properties and has been used for centuries for its medicinal properties. The cream adds a bit of fat, making this soup more filling and satisfying.
So why should you try Roasted Butternut Squash Cream Soup with Ginger? Not only is it flavorful and comforting, but it is also healthy and surprisingly easy to make. Plus, it will make for a great dinner option on a cold night.
What ingredients do you need to make this soup?
You’ll need just a few simple ingredients to make this delicious Roasted Butternut Squash Cream Soup with Ginger. To get started, you’ll need one medium-sized butternut squash, one medium onion, one tablespoon of minced fresh ginger, two cloves of garlic, four cups of vegetable stock, one cup of heavy cream, and a pinch of ground nutmeg.
To roast your butternut squash, preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C). Cut your squash into cubes and place on a baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil, salt, and pepper and then roast for 25-30 minutes, or until fork tender.
Once your squash is roasted, you’ll heat a large pot over medium heat on your stovetop. Add a bit of oil to the pot and then add the onion and ginger. Sauté for a few minutes, or until the onion is softened. Then add your garlic, stir for another minute or two, and then add your roasted butternut squash. Pour in your vegetable stock and bring the soup to a gentle simmer. Simmer for 10-15 minutes, or until the squash is very soft.
Once the soup is finished simmering, remove it from the heat and use an immersion blender to blend until the soup is creamy. Stir in the heavy cream and nutmeg and season with salt and pepper to taste.
What are the steps to making the soup?
Making this delicious roasted butternut squash cream soup with ginger is easy! Here are the steps to get you started:
- Preheat your oven to 375°F.
- Cut the butternut squash into cubes and place them on a baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Roast in the oven for 25-30 minutes, until the squash is golden and tender.
- While the squash is roasting, heat a large pot on medium heat. Add some olive oil, and sauté the onions and garlic until they are softened.
- Add the roasted squash to the pot, along with the vegetable broth, ginger, and nutmeg. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer.
- Simmer for about 20 minutes, until the squash is very tender.
- Remove from heat and add the cream. Blend the soup with an immersion blender until it is smooth and creamy.