I’ll never forget the first time I tried rhubarb-strawberry herb crumble pie. It was like a little slice of summertime and I was instantly in love. The tartness of the rhubarb blended perfectly with the sweet strawberries, and the herb crumble topping added the perfect crunch. It’s become one of my all-time favorite desserts and I’m excited to share the recipe with you. Try it out, and you’ll be sure to fall in love too!
Rhubarb-Strawberry Herb Crumble Pie Recipe
- 2 cups diced rhubarb
- 2 cups sliced strawberries
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut into small cubes
- 1 9-inch pie crust, unbaked
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the diced rhubarb, sliced strawberries, granulated sugar, all-purpose flour, fresh thyme leaves, fresh rosemary leaves, and ground cinnamon. Give it all a good stir to combine the ingredients.
- Add the cubes of butter to the mixture and use a pastry blender or two forks to cut the butter into the mixture until it resembles coarse crumbs.
- Place the unbaked pie crust into a 9-inch pie pan and pour the rhubarb-strawberry mixture into it.
- Bake your pie in the preheated oven for 45 minutes.
- Once the pie has finished baking, let it cool for 15 minutes before serving.
- Serve your delicious Rhubarb-Strawberry Herb Crumble Pie warm and enjoy!
- Calories: 360,
- Fat: 16g,
- Carbohydrates: 48g,
- Protein: 3g,
- Sodium: 48mg,
- Sugar: 25g
What makes rhubarb-strawberry herb crumble pie a special and tasty dessert?
This delicious Rhubarb-Strawberry Herb Crumble Pie is a unique and delectable dessert that is sure to please any crowd! This pie is special because it combines sweet and tart in just the right proportions. The combination of rhubarb and strawberries gives it a unique flavor, while the herb crumble topping adds the perfect crunch. The flavors of the pie come together harmoniously, creating a sweet and savory dish that is sure to satisfy any sweet tooth.
The tartness of the rhubarb is balanced by the sweetness of the strawberries, while the herb crumble provides a delightful crunch that complements the soft fruit. The combination of flavors in this pie is simply delightful and sure to delight everyone who takes a bite. The herb crumble is made with sugar, butter, and a variety of herbs such as rosemary, sage, and thyme. Together the herbs create an aromatic topping that is sure to tantalize the taste buds.
All in all, the Rhubarb-Strawberry Herb Crumble Pie is a delightful dessert that is sure to please. The combination of sweet and tart flavors, crunchy topping, and aromatic herbs create an unforgettable dessert that is sure to be enjoyed.
What ingredients give this pie its unique flavor profile?
This Rhubarb-Strawberry Herb Crumble Pie has a unique flavor profile that comes from several ingredients. The tartness of the rhubarb pairs perfectly with the sweet, juicy strawberries and a hint of fresh herbs. The combination of sweet and tart flavors is balanced out with a crunchy oat-almond crumble topping. A touch of cinnamon and brown sugar add a little extra sweetness, while a pinch of salt helps to bring out the subtle flavors. All these ingredients come together to create a delicious and memorable flavor profile that everyone will love.
What tips can you offer to make this crumble pie easier to create?
Start by pre-cooking your filling. This will help to ensure that the rhubarb and strawberries are nice and tender, and will reduce the amount of time needed for baking.
- Opt for store-bought crusts for an easy shortcut. This will save you time and energy and make assembling your crumble pie much quicker and easier.
- When it comes to the crumble topping, use a food processor or blender to save time and energy. Just combine the ingredients, pulse a few times, and you’re ready to go.
- To add an extra layer of flavor, add a handful of fresh herbs to the crumble topping. Parsley, thyme, and oregano are all great options that pair really well with the rhubarb and strawberries.
- Finally, when it’s time to assemble the pie, don’t be afraid to get creative. You can use cookie cutters to make fun shapes, or arrange the crust and topping in a decorative pattern.
What other combinations of fruits and herbs work well for crumble pies?
When it comes to making crumble pies, the possibilities are endless! You can get creative with different combinations of fruits and herbs to create a delicious dessert. Some of the most popular combinations are rhubarb and strawberry, cherry and rosemary, peach and thyme, and raspberry and basil. The key is to experiment with different flavors and find the combo that works best for you.
You can also try combining fruits and herbs that you wouldn’t necessarily think of together. For example, pear and sage, apple and lavender, and blackberry and mint all make for a unique and flavorful crumble pie. Don’t be afraid to try something new and see what happens.
Another great thing about crumble pies is that you can easily adjust the flavors to suit your tastes. If you don’t want to use fresh herbs, you can always just use dried ones. Or, if you prefer a sweeter crumble, you can add more sugar or even a little honey.
So don’t be intimidated by the idea of trying out a new combination of fruits and herbs for your crumble pies. Have some fun and get creative! With a little bit of experimenting, you can make a delicious and unique dessert that everyone will love.
What other desserts can you make to incorporate rhubarb and strawberries?
If you’re a fan of rhubarb-strawberry crumble pie, you’re in luck! There are so many delicious desserts that you can create with these two ingredients. Here are some of our favorites:
- Rhubarb-Strawberry Cobbler: This classic dessert is sure to be a hit. Mix together chopped rhubarb and strawberries, then top with an oat and sugar topping. Bake in the oven until golden brown and enjoy!
- Rhubarb-Strawberry Jam: This delicious jam is perfect for toast, crackers, or just to eat by the spoonful. Simmer rhubarb, strawberries, and sugar until thickened, and you’ve got a sweet and tart treat.
- Rhubarb-Strawberry Ice Cream: What could be better than a scoop of ice cream on a hot day? Mix together rhubarb, strawberries, and cream and churn until thick and creamy. Top with a sprinkle of cinnamon for an extra kick!
- Rhubarb-Strawberry Pudding: This pudding is easy to make and perfect for a special occasion. Blend together cooked rhubarb, strawberries, and sugar until smooth, then layer between slices of angel food cake.
No matter what you decide to make, you can’t go wrong with a rhubarb-strawberry combo.