Nothing says summer quite like a delicious Red, White, and Blue Trifle! I’ve been making this delicious dessert for years now and it never fails to impress. It’s a crowd-pleaser, bursting with layers of creamy custard, fluffy sponge cake, and fresh fruit. The combination of flavors and textures, plus the festive colors, make it a must-have on my summer menu!
Red, White, and Blue Trifle Recipe
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 pint fresh blueberries
- 1/2 pint fresh raspberries
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup white cake cubes
- 1/2 cup vanilla pudding
- 1/2 cup fresh strawberries, sliced
- Let’s make a delicious Red, White, and Blue Trifle! Here’s what you’ll need:
- /2 cup heavy cream
- tablespoons sugar
- /2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- /2 pint fresh blueberries
- /2 pint fresh raspberries
- /2 cup slivered almonds
- /2 cup white cake cubes
- /2 cup vanilla pudding
- /2 cup fresh strawberries, sliced
- Let’s get started! First, whip the cream, sugar, and vanilla extract until stiff peaks form. This should take about 5 minutes.
- Next, layer the ingredients in a glass trifle bowl. Start with the blueberries, followed by the raspberries, almonds, cake cubes, and pudding. Repeat the layers until all the ingredients are used up.
- Top the trifle with the fresh strawberries. Now you’re ready to chill your trifle in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, your Red, White and Blue Trifle will be ready to serve. Enjoy!
- Calories: 350
- Fat: 18g
- Carbohydrates: 43g
- Protein: 7g
- Sugars: 23g
- Sodium: 130mg
- Cholesterol: 40mg
What is a trifle and why should you make one?
A trifle is a classic English dessert that is perfect for any holiday or special occasion. It’s a layered treat made with layers of cake, pudding, and fruit, all topped off with whipped cream and sometimes a drizzle of chocolate or caramel. Not only is it delicious, but it also looks beautiful and is sure to impress your guests.
The beauty of trifle is that it’s so simple to make. All you need is some cake (or biscuit) of your choosing, some pudding or custard, some fruit, and some cream. Layer them up in a trifle bowl, and you have yourself a delicious, stunning dessert.
Trifle is also a great way to get creative with your cooking. You can have fun with the flavors and the ingredients. For example, you could use different types of cake, pudding, and fruit, or you could add some caramel or chocolate to the mix. The possibilities are endless.
When it comes to the holidays, trifle is a great choice. It’s a festive-looking dessert that’s sure to wow your guests. And because it’s so easy to make, you can spend more time with your family and guests rather than slaving away in the kitchen.
So if you’re looking for a delicious and beautiful dessert to impress your guests, you should definitely give trifle a try. It’s easy to make, looks amazing, and tastes delicious.
How do you assemble a red, white, and blue trifle?
Assembling a Red, White, and Blue Trifle is easy and fun! All you need are a few simple ingredients and a few minutes of your time. Here’s what you’ll need:
- Graham crackers.
- Vanilla pudding.
- Whipped cream.
Now let’s get started:
- Begin by crushing the graham crackers and layering them on the bottom of your trifle dish.
- Next, spread the vanilla pudding on top of the graham layers.
- Arrange the blueberries and strawberries on top of the pudding layer.
- Top it off with a generous layer of whipped cream.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve and enjoy!.
That’s it! Now you have a beautiful and delicious Red, White, and Blue Trifle that’s perfect for any party or celebration.
What is a red, white, and blue trifle?
A Red, White, and Blue Trifle is an amazing American summer dessert! It’s an easy-to-make treat that is great for any backyard barbecue or special occasion. This delicious trifle is made with layers of angel food cake, whipped cream, blueberries, and strawberries. The result is a colorful and tasty trifle that is sure to please!
To make a Red, White, and Blue Trifle, first prepare an angel food cake according to the package instructions. Cut the cooled cake into cubes and place them into the bottom of a trifle bowl. Top the cake with a layer of whipped cream. Then add a layer of fresh blueberries and a layer of sliced strawberries. Repeat the layers until you reach the top of the bowl.
Once the layers are complete, top the trifle with a final layer of whipped cream and garnish with fresh blueberries and strawberries. Refrigerate the trifle for at least two hours before serving. This will give the cake time to absorb all of the flavors and become soft and moist.
A Red, White, and Blue Trifle is an impressive and delicious dessert that is sure to make your summer party a hit! It’s easy to make and looks stunning when served. Try it for your next gathering and you won’t be disappointed.
What ingredients do you need for a red, white, and blue trifle?
You don’t need many ingredients to make a delicious Red, White, and Blue Trifle! To make this patriotic dessert, you’ll need a few basic baking essentials like eggs, cream, and cake. You’ll also need some red and blue fruit, such as strawberries and blueberries. Lastly, some white angel food cake cubes are the perfect addition to this classic American dish.
What are some creative variations for a red, white, and blue trifle?
Hey there! If you’re looking for creative variations to the classic red, white, and blue trifle, you’ve come to the right place! There are countless ways to make this traditional dessert even more special. Here are a few of our favorite ideas:
- Add a tropical twist with summer fruits. Use mango or pineapple for a tropical-inspired twist. You can also add a bit of lime or orange zest for a citrusy flavor.
- Use yogurt or custard for the base. Plain or flavored yogurt can be substituted for the traditional custard for a lighter and healthier version.
- Try different flavors of cake. Spice cakes, chocolate cakes, lemon cakes, and even angel food cakes all make delicious bases for a red, white, and blue trifle.
- Get creative with the toppings. Sprinkles, fresh fruit, nuts, and chocolate chips are all great toppings to add a little extra sweetness and texture.
- Serve in a glass bowl. To really show off the red, white, and blue layers, serve in a clear glass bowl.
These creative variations are sure to take your red, white, and blue trifle to the next level! So go ahead and mix things up a bit and let your imagination run wild.