I’ve been making these delicious Quince Puff Pastry Squares for years now, and they never fail to impress. The combination of sweet and tangy quince, with the light and buttery puff pastry, is simply irresistible. Every time I serve these squares, they disappear in minutes! If you’re looking for an easy but impressive dessert, this is the perfect recipe.
Quince Puff Pastry Squares Recipe
- 2 quinces, peeled, cored, and cut into ¼ inch slices
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees and get a baking sheet out.
- Take your thawed puff pastry sheet and lay it out on a lightly floured surface.
- Cut the puff pastry sheet into 9 squares and place each one onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Peel, core, and slice your quinces into 1/4 inch slices.
- Place the sliced quinces onto the puff pastry squares.
- In a small bowl, melt your butter, then add the honey, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and salt. Mix together until combined.
- Drizzle the butter mixture over the quinces and puff pastry squares.
- Sprinkle the chopped walnuts and dried cranberries over the squares.
- Brush the edges of the puff pastry squares with the beaten egg.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25 minutes, or until the puff pastry is golden brown.
- Allow the quince puff pastry squares to cool for 10 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
- Calories: 244
- Total Fat: 11g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Cholesterol: 29mg
- Sodium: 188mg
- Total Carbohydrate: 33g
- Dietary Fiber: 1g
- Sugars: 14g
- Protein: 3g
What are quince puff pastry squares?
If you’re looking for a delicious and unique dessert to serve at an upcoming gathering, then quince puff pastry squares are the perfect solution! These little squares are made from puff pastry dough, and have a sweet quince jam filling. The combination of flaky pastry and the sweet jam makes for a delightful treat that’s sure to be a hit. Plus, these squares are easy to make so you can whip them up quickly for any event.
To make quince puff pastry squares, you’ll need puff pastry dough, quince jam, and an egg. Start by preheating the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Roll out the puff pastry dough and cut it into small squares. Place a spoonful of quince jam in the center of each square. Brush the edges of the square with the egg and fold each piece of dough in half, sealing the jam inside. Place the squares on a baking sheet and bake for about 15 minutes, or until golden brown.
When the quince puff pastry squares are finished baking, let them cool for a few minutes before serving. They can be served plain or with a dollop of whipped cream or ice cream on top.
What flavors do quince puff pastry squares have?
Quince puff pastry squares come in a range of delicious flavors! You can choose between classic apple, cinnamon, and walnut, or go for something a bit more adventurous like mixed berry or lemon & poppyseed. Each flavor is subtly sweet and perfectly balanced, making them a real treat.
The classic apple variety is made with juicy apples, cinnamon, and walnuts. This combination of flavors is sure to please any palate. The tangy sweetness of the apples is balanced out by the warm and aromatic spices, while the crunch of the walnuts adds an extra layer of texture.
Cinnamon is a key flavor in many of the quince puff pastry squares. This comforting spice adds a subtle sweetness as well as a hint of warmth to the pastries. You can also find variations with extra spices, like cardamom and cloves, that give the pastry an extra kick.
Mixed berry quince puff pastry squares are perfect for those who like a bit of variety. This flavor is made with a blend of juicy raspberries, blueberries, and blackberries. The tart sweetness of the berries adds a delicious depth to the pastry, while the crunch of the walnuts adds an extra level of texture.
Lastly, lemon & poppyseed is a great choice for those who love a zesty kick. This flavor features a subtle sweetness from the quince and a zesty, tart flavor from the lemon. The poppyseeds add an extra layer of crunch to the pastry, creating an irresistible snack.
Whether you’re looking for something sweet and comforting or something a bit more adventurous, quince puff pastry squares have a flavor for everyone.
What is the best way to prepare quince puff pastry squares?
The best way to prepare quince puff pastry squares is to start with good quality puff pastry. The puff pastry should be light and flaky and not too thick. Next, lightly brush the puff pastry with melted butter and then layer thinly sliced quince on top. Sprinkle the quince with cinnamon and sugar and bake in the oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 25-30 minutes, or until golden brown. When the quince puff pastry squares are done, allow them to cool before serving.
How can quince puff pastry squares be served?
You can serve quince puff pastry squares in a variety of appetizing ways! One of the most classic ways is to top them with a dollop of freshly whipped cream or creme fraiche and a sprinkle of cinnamon. For a more savory option, try topping them with a dollop of ricotta cheese, a sprinkle of herbs, and a drizzle of olive oil. You can also serve them as a delicious sweet side dish by adding a scoop of vanilla ice cream or a dollop of mascarpone cheese. For a delightful and sophisticated presentation, serve them as a dessert course with a dollop of sweetened ricotta and a sprinkle of chopped almonds.
What are some creative ways to enjoy quince puff pastry squares?
You don’t have to just eat your quince puff pastry squares plain! There are lots of creative and delicious ways to enjoy them. Here are a few ideas to get you started.
- Make quince puff pastry tacos. Cut the puff pastry into small squares and fill them with a mixture of diced quince, chopped nuts, and cheese. Top with a dollop of sour cream and a sprinkle of herbs.
- Add a few quince puff pastry squares to a morning smoothie. The sweetness of the quince will balance out the tartness of the berries.
- Swap out the tortilla in your favorite burrito recipe and use quince puff pastry instead.
- Make a savory quiche with diced quince puff pastry as the crust.
- Turn your quince puff pastry squares into a sweet treat by warming them up and topping with a dollop of ice cream and a drizzle of warm honey.
- Toast your quince puff pastry squares and top with nut butter and a sprinkle of cinnamon.