It’s hard to find a good pumpkin-walnut bread recipe, but I’ve found the perfect one! I remember the first time I made this bread. The smell of pumpkin and walnuts wafting through the air was like a dream come true. The taste was even better – the sweetness of the pumpkin and the crunch of the walnuts combined to create a deliciously moist and flavorful bread. I can’t wait to share this recipe with you – it’s sure to become a family favorite.
Pumpkin-Walnut Bread Recipe
about 65 mins
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- ½ cup white sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Grease and flour a 9×5 inch loaf pan.
- In a medium bowl, mix together 1 1/2 cups flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the melted butter, lightly beaten eggs, pumpkin puree, white sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla extract.
- Slowly add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Gently fold in the chopped walnuts.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 70 minutes, or until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool in the pan for 5 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Enjoy your delicious Pumpkin-Walnut Bread!
- Calories: 230 kcal, Carbohydrates: 29 g, Protein: 4 g, Fat: 11 g, Saturated Fat: 5 g, Cholesterol: 58 mg, Sodium: 253 mg, Potassium: 123 mg, Fiber: 2 g, Sugar: 16 g, Vitamin A: 2045 IU, Vitamin C: 1 mg, Calcium: 26 mg, Iron: 1.7 mg
What makes pumpkin-walnut bread so special?
Pumpkin-walnut bread is special because it is a delicious blend of two classic flavors that have been a favorite of home cooks for generations. It’s a perfect combination: the nutty, earthy flavor of walnuts with the sweet, creamy taste of pumpkin. The spices used to flavor the bread also add an interesting depth of flavor. Pumpkin-walnut bread is moist and tender, and it makes a wonderful treat for breakfast, snacks, or dessert.
What are the health benefits of using pumpkin and walnuts in a bread recipe?
Pumpkins and walnuts are two of the most nutritious ingredients you can use in a bread recipe.
- Pumpkin is rich in vitamins and minerals, including potassium, vitamin A, vitamin C, manganese, dietary fiber and magnesium. It also contains a high concentration of antioxidants.
- The fiber and healthy fats in walnuts make them an ideal addition to any bread recipe. Walnuts contain polyunsaturated fats, which are beneficial for heart health, as well as omega-3 fatty acids, which can help improve brain function and reduce inflammation.
- Eating pumpkin-walnut bread can help boost your energy levels, as it contains complex carbohydrates that are slowly released into your system.
- This bread is also low in saturated fat, so it can help you maintain a healthy weight.
- Eating pumpkin-walnut bread can also help lower your cholesterol levels, as the pumpkin and walnuts contain soluble and insoluble fibers, which can help reduce bad cholesterol (LDL) and increase good cholesterol (HDL.
- Finally, pumpkin-walnut bread is a great source of protein and essential vitamins and minerals, so it can help you stay feeling full and energized.
What tips can you offer to ensure a successful loaf of pumpkin-walnut bread?
Prep your ingredients: Gather all your ingredients and measure them carefully. The amount of liquid to dry ingredients is extremely important for a successful loaf, so make sure you have the right ratios.
- Choose the right pan: Make sure to use an 8×4-inch pan for the optimal baking time and texture. Anything larger will result in a flatter, thinner loaf.
- Bake at the right temperature: Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. This temperature should give your loaf the perfect balance of a golden-brown crust and moist center.
- Don’t overmix: As with most bread recipes, you should avoid overmixing the batter. Once all the ingredients are incorporated, stop mixing and pour the batter into the pan.
- Bake until golden: Bake the pumpkin-walnut bread for 40 to 45 minutes. Check the loaf by inserting a toothpick in the center; if it comes out clean, your bread is done.
- Let cool: Let the loaf cool in the pan for 20 minutes before transferring it to a cooling rack. This will ensure a proper texture and prevent it from crumbling.
How can you modify this recipe to make it easier or more flavorful?
Making Pumpkin-Walnut Bread is a delicious way to enjoy the flavors of fall, and it’s even better when it’s easy to make! To make this recipe easier, you can use a store-bought pumpkin-walnut bread mix and add your own flavorings like cinnamon, nutmeg, and vanilla. To make it more flavorful, you can add a few tablespoons of brown sugar and a handful of raisins, cranberries, or chopped nuts. You can also top the bread with a glaze made from melted butter and maple syrup.
What other variations of pumpkin-walnut bread can you make?
Making pumpkin-walnut bread is a delicious way to enjoy the seasonal flavors of fall, and there are so many variations you can make to enjoy this sweet treat! With just a few tweaks, you can transform a classic pumpkin-walnut bread into something totally new and exciting. Here are some other variations of pumpkin-walnut bread you can try:
- Pumpkin-Walnut Streusel Bread: This variation adds a sweet and crunchy streusel topping to the top of the bread. The streusel topping is made with butter, brown sugar, flour, and walnuts, and it adds a delicious contrast to the moist and sweet pumpkin-walnut bread.
- Pumpkin-Walnut Oat Bread: This variation is perfect for a breakfast treat. Instead of all-purpose flour, you can use rolled oats to give the bread a heartier texture and flavor. The oats also add a delicious nutty flavor to the bread, and a hint of extra sweetness.
- Pumpkin-Walnut Chocolate Chip Bread: This variation is for the chocolate lovers! Add some chocolate chips to the batter for an extra-decadent pumpkin-walnut bread. The chocolate chips give the bread a sweet-and-salty flavor that is irresistible.
- Pumpkin-Walnut Cinnamon Swirl Bread: This variation is a great way to add a cinnamon-sugar swirl to your pumpkin-walnut bread. Make a cinnamon-sugar mixture and spread it over the top of the batter before baking. The swirl gives the bread a beautiful marbling effect and adds a delicious burst of cinnamon flavor.
No matter which variation you choose, you’re sure to enjoy a delicious pumpkin-walnut bread. So, go ahead and get creative with your pumpkin-walnut bread and experiment with new flavors and textures.
What dishes pair best with pumpkin-walnut bread?
If you’re looking for a delicious pairing to go with your freshly baked pumpkin-walnut bread, look no further! This bread pairs wonderfully with a variety of dishes, from savory to sweet. For a savory accompaniment, try a creamy butternut squash soup or a cheese plate featuring a variety of cheeses, nuts, and seasonal fruits. For a sweet treat, pair your bread with homemade pumpkin ice cream or a warm apple crisp.