This recipe is for a traditional pumpkin pie. It is made with canned pumpkin, eggs, sweetened condensed milk, sugar, cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg. The filling is baked in a pre-made pie crust.
- 3 organic eggs, ¾ cup unrefined cane sugar, 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg, ¼ teaspoon ground cloves, 1 (14 ounce) can full-fat sweetened condensed milk, ⅔ cup grass-fed half & half or whole milk, 1 (29 ounce) can pumpkin puree
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit (205 degrees Celsius).
2. Brown the pie crusts and let them cool.
3. In a bowl, mix together eggs, sugar, spices, sweetened condensed milk, half and half, and pumpkin until lumps are gone. Do not overbeat mixture.
4. Pour mixture into cooled pie crusts.
5. Bake pies for 45 minutes at 400 degrees Fahrenheit (205 degrees Celsius). Let pies cool before serving them store leftovers in refrigerator
- Serving size: 1 slice
- Calories: 210
- Fat: 10 g
- Saturated fat: 4.5 g
- Unsaturated fat: 0 g
- Trans fat: 0 g
- Cholesterol: 55 mg
- Sodium: 260 mg
- Potassium : 480 mg
- Carbohydrates : 27 g