There’s nothing like a warm, fresh-baked cookie and these Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies are the perfect fall treat! Made with real pumpkin puree and plenty of chocolate chips, they’re sure to be a hit with everyone.
- -1/2 cup butter, softened
- -1 1/2 cups sugar
- -1 egg
- -1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- -1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- -2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- -1 teaspoon baking powder
- -1 teaspoon baking soda
- -1 teaspoon salt
- -4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon each: ground cloves, ginger & nutmeg
- ½ cup chopped walnuts or pecans —OPTIONAL— I personally don’t care for nuts in my cookies but some people do so I left that as an option for those who may want to include them.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease cookie sheets.
2. In a large bowl, cream together the shortening and sugar until light and fluffy.
3. Beat in the egg, then stir in the pumpkin and vanilla.
4. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, nutmeg, and cinnamon; gradually mix into the creamed mixture until everything is well combined.
5. Stir in chopped walnuts or pecans (optional). Drop dough by teaspoonfuls onto the prepared cookie sheets,.
6 Bake for 15 minutes in preheated oven, or until light brown. Cool on wire racks
- Calories: 115
- Fat: 7 g
- Cholesterol: 22 mg
- Sodium: 137 mg
- Potassium: 46 mg
- Carbohydrates: 12.9 g
- Protein: 1.4 g