I’ve been baking pumpkin bread for years, and it’s always been one of my favorite recipes. Every time I make it, it’s like a warm hug from the past. The aroma of the spices and the pumpkin fills the house, and it always brings back fond memories of my childhood. The taste of this bread is truly unique, and it’s so comforting and cozy. My family loves it, and I’m sure yours will too! Try it today and enjoy the amazing taste of homemade pumpkin bread.
Pumpkin Bread Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 15-ounce can pumpkin puree
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. Grease and lightly flour a 9×5 inch loaf pan.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the vegetable oil, sugar and eggs until well blended.
- Add the pumpkin puree and mix until everything is well combined.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, stirring continuously until the batter is smooth.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 60-75 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the bread comes out clean.
- Once the bread is done baking, allow it to cool in the pan for 15 minutes before carefully transferring it to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Enjoy your delicious homemade pumpkin bread!
- Calories: 437 kcal
- Fat: 20.8 g
- Carbohydrates: 55.4 g
- Protein: 5.1 g
- Sodium: 394 mg
- Sugars: 32.2 g
What common ingredients are used to make pumpkin bread?
When it comes to making delicious pumpkin bread, there are a few essential ingredients you’ll need to have on hand. These ingredients include pumpkin puree, all-purpose flour, eggs, vegetable oil, granulated sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Of course, you can always experiment with different flavors and spices, like cinnamon, nutmeg, or ginger, to give your pumpkin bread its own unique flavor.
To make a basic pumpkin bread recipe, you’ll first need to preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Next, you’ll combine the pumpkin puree, eggs, oil, and sugar in a large bowl and whisk until everything is evenly combined. In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Once the dry ingredients are mixed, slowly add them to the wet ingredients and stir until everything is nicely blended.
Finally, pour your batter into a greased loaf pan and bake for about 50 minutes. You’ll know the pumpkin bread is done when a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let the pumpkin bread cool in the pan before slicing and serving.
With these key ingredients, you can easily make a delicious pumpkin bread that the whole family will love.
What are the benefits of making pumpkin bread?
Pumpkin bread is an incredibly delicious and nutritious treat that comes with a host of benefits. From its flavorful taste to its impressive health benefits, it’s no wonder why this fall favorite is so popular! Here are some of the reasons why you should make pumpkin bread:
- Delicious Taste: Pumpkin bread has a surprisingly sweet and delicious taste that’s perfect for any occasion. Whether you’re serving it as a dessert or a snack, it’s sure to please everyone!.
- Nutrient Rich: Pumpkin bread is packed with essential vitamins and minerals. It’s a great source of fiber and is low in calories, making it a healthy snack or dessert option.
- Versatile: Pumpkin bread can be enjoyed in a variety of ways. It can be served as a snack, breakfast, or even a dessert. You can also get creative and add different ingredients to make it more unique.
- Easy to Make: Making pumpkin bread is surprisingly simple. All you need is a few basic ingredients, a bowl, and some time to mix everything together. Plus, it doesn’t require a lot of time to bake!.
Pumpkin bread is a delicious and nutritious treat that comes with a host of benefits.
How do you know when pumpkin bread is done baking?
You’ll know that your pumpkin bread is done baking when it’s golden-brown on top and a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean.
- To check, lightly press the center of the loaf with your finger – it should spring back.
- You can also use an instant-read thermometer to verify the internal temperature has reached 205°F.
- The edges of the loaf will have pulled away from the pan and the bread will have a nice aroma.
- The total baking time can vary depending on the size of the loaf, so it’s best to start checking the pumpkin bread at the minimum baking time and then every 5 minutes thereafter.
What are some tips for making the best pumpkin bread?
Making the best pumpkin bread is easier than you think! Here are a few tips to get you started:
- Start by preheating your oven to 350°F and lightly greasing a 9×5-inch loaf pan.
- Use high-quality canned or homemade pumpkin puree for the best flavor.
- When combining the wet ingredients, make sure to mix them together until just blended. Overmixing can make the final product dense and heavy.
- Add some extra flavor to your pumpkin bread with a teaspoon of cinnamon, nutmeg, and/or ginger.
- To make your loaf extra moist, stir in some raisins, chopped nuts, or chocolate chips.
- Bake the bread for 50-55 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let the bread cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then remove it and let it cool completely on a wire rack before slicing.
How can you make pumpkin bread more interesting?
If you’re looking to spice up your pumpkin bread, there are plenty of ways to do it! From adding different mix-ins to using unique flours, you can easily make your pumpkin bread stand out from the crowd. Here are just a few ideas to get you started.
First, you can add some mix-ins like nuts, dried cranberries, or chocolate chips for a bit of crunch and sweetness. You can also use spices like nutmeg, cinnamon, and ginger to give your pumpkin bread a more robust flavor. Additionally, you can use different types of flour like almond or coconut, or even mix flours to give your pumpkin bread an interesting texture.
You can also experiment with different types of liquids like soy milk, almond milk, or coconut milk in place of regular milk. This will give your pumpkin bread a unique flavor and texture. And if you want to add a bit of sweetness, you can replace some of the sugar with honey or maple syrup.
There are plenty of ways to make your pumpkin bread more interesting. From adding mix-ins and spices to experimenting with different flours and liquids, you can easily make your pumpkin bread stand out.
What are some creative ways to serve pumpkin bread?
There are so many delicious and creative ways to serve pumpkin bread! From warm slices topped with sweet cream cheese frosting, to crunchy french toast, to a savory side dish, the possibilities are endless. Here are a few fun ideas to get you started:
- Sweet Cream Cheese Frosting. Nothing says pumpkin bread like a thick layer of cream cheese frosting. Simply beat together cream cheese, butter, vanilla extract, and confectioners’ sugar until blended. Then spread it over a warm slice of pumpkin bread and enjoy!
- French Toast. Transform pumpkin bread into a delicious brunch treat by turning it into french toast. Cut the bread into thick slices and dip it into a mixture of egg, milk, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Fry it in a hot skillet until golden brown and serve with syrup or fresh fruit.
- Savory Side Dish. For a savory twist on pumpkin bread, try making it into a side dish. Slice the bread and fry it in butter until crispy. Then top with your favorite savory ingredients like crispy bacon, caramelized onions, garlic, or herbs. Enjoy it as an accompaniment to your favorite meal!
No matter how you choose to serve pumpkin bread, it’s sure to be a hit.