Easy Pressure Cooker Chuck Roast With Veggies And Rich Gravy
I love a good chuck roast, but it usually takes hours to cook in the oven. That’s why I was so excited to try out this recipe for Pressure Cooker Chuck Roast with Veggies and Gravy! It’s so delicious and comes together so quickly, you won’t believe it. The pressure cooker really does a great job of tenderizing the roast and infusing it with flavor, and the veggies and gravy add a wonderful depth of flavor. It’s the perfect meal for a busy weeknight. Try it for yourself and see!
Pressure Cooker Chuck Roast with Veggies and Gravy Recipe
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2-3 pound chuck roast
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups beef broth
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 large carrots, peeled and sliced
- 2 large potatoes, cubed
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- Hey there! Today we’ll be making Pressure Cooker Chuck Roast with Veggies and Gravy. Let’s get started!
- Heat the vegetable oil in a pressure cooker over medium-high heat.
- Season the chuck roast with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, then place in the pressure cooker. Brown the roast on all sides, about 3-5 minutes per side.
- Add the butter, onion, and garlic to the pressure cooker and cook until the onion is softened, about 3 minutes.
- Add the beef broth, tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce, and dried thyme. Lock the lid on the pressure cooker and bring to full pressure. Cook for 45 minutes.
- Release the pressure from the pressure cooker and add the carrots, potatoes, and peas. Lock the lid on the pressure cooker and bring to full pressure. Cook for an additional 15 minutes.
- Release the pressure from the pressure cooker and remove the lid. In a small bowl, mix together the cornstarch and cold water. Stir the cornstarch mixture into the pressure cooker and cook until the gravy is thickened, about 3 minutes.
- And you’re done! Serve the Pressure Cooker Chuck Roast with Veggies and Gravy with your favorite sides and enjoy!
- Calories: 300
- Total Fat: 11g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Cholesterol: 90mg
- Sodium: 320mg
- Total Carbohydrate: 15g
- Dietary Fiber: 3g
- Sugars: 3g
- Protein: 32g
- Vitamin A: 15%
- Vitamin C: 15%
- Calcium: 4%
- Iron: 10%
Have you ever had a chuck roast that was cooked to perfection in a pressure cooker?
Yes! Of course you have! Nothing is quite as delicious and satisfying as a perfectly cooked chuck roast in a pressure cooker. Pressure cooking is the way to go if you want to make a meal that’s both tasty and tender.
But making a chuck roast in a pressure cooker isn’t just about flavor. It’s also about convenience. Pressure cooking is an incredibly efficient way to cook your food. It’s so much faster than stove-top cooking, and the results are amazing. Plus, you don’t have to worry about burning or over-cooking the roast.
To make the perfect pressure cooked chuck roast with veggies and gravy, you’ll need the following ingredients: chuck roast, potatoes, carrots, onions, garlic, butter, flour, beef broth, Worcestershire sauce, and herbs like rosemary and thyme.
Start by seasoning the roast with salt and pepper, and then browning it in a pan. This helps to seal in the flavor. Once that’s done, transfer the roast to the pressure cooker. Add the potatoes, carrots, onions, and garlic, along with some butter.
Next, make a roux by melting butter in a pan and then adding flour, stirring constantly. Cook for a few minutes and then add the beef broth and Worcestershire sauce. Bring the mixture to a boil and then pour it over the ingredients in the pressure cooker. Add some herbs and then seal the lid.
Cook the chuck roast on high pressure for 40 minutes. When it’s done, release the pressure and remove the lid. The vegetables should be cooked through and the gravy should be thick and flavorful.
Serve the chuck roast with veggies and gravy and enjoy! You’ll be amazed at how tender and flavorful the roast is, and you’ll love how easy it was to make it in the pressure cooker.
What makes this pressure cooker chuck roast with veggies and gravy so special?
You’ve never had a chuck roast this flavorful and tender! That’s because this pressure cooker chuck roast with veggies and gravy is cooked to perfection in a fraction of the time it would take to make it in a slow cooker. The pressure cooker locks in all the natural flavors, and creates a juicy, savory gravy that will have you licking your plate clean. The vegetables cook at the same time, so you can serve up a complete meal in one pot. And did we mention how easy this recipe is? You won’t have to slave away in the kitchen all day to get a delicious dinner on the table.
What are the benefits of cooking a chuck roast in a pressure cooker?
Cooking a chuck roast in a pressure cooker is a great way to make a delicious meal quickly and easily! Here are the top benefits of preparing a chuck roast in a pressure cooker:
- Convenience: Pressure cookers are incredibly convenient and make it easy to get a delicious, cooked-from-scratch meal on the table in no time. Chuck roasts cook quickly in a pressure cooker, and you can even add vegetables and gravy to make a complete meal.
- Flavor: Pressure cookers seal in all the natural flavors of the ingredients and bring out the best that the chuck roast has to offer. You’ll end up with a delicious, juicy roast with all of its natural flavors intact.
- Cost: Pressure cookers don’t require much energy to use, so you’ll save on your energy bill. Plus, since pressure cookers cook quickly, you can buy cheaper cuts of meat and they will be just as flavorful and tender as more expensive cuts.
- Health: Pressure cookers are a great way to make a healthier version of your favorite dishes. The high pressure and steam helps to retain more nutrients and vitamins than other cooking methods, so you get all the flavor without sacrificing your health.
What are the tips and tricks to making the perfect chuck roast in a pressure cooker?
Start by seasoning your chuck roast. Sprinkle it with salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and paprika. Rub it in to make sure the seasoning evenly coats the roast.
- Place the roast in your pressure cooker and add in a cup of beef broth.
- Add in your favorite vegetables like carrots, potatoes, and onions.
- Put the lid on the pressure cooker and set it to high pressure for 70 minutes.
- Once the time is up, let the pressure naturally release for about 15 minutes.
- Carefully open the lid and remove the roast from the pressure cooker. Place it on a plate and cover it with foil to keep it warm.
- Set the pressure cooker to sauté mode and add in a tablespoon of butter.
- Add in a half a cup of flour and whisk it together. Cook it for a few minutes until it starts to thicken.
- Pour in a cup of beef broth and stir it until it is combined.
- Add in a tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce and a teaspoon of rosemary.
- Let the gravy cook until it reaches your desired thickness.
- Serve the chuck roast with the gravy and vegetables.
How long does this pressure cooker chuck roast with veggies and gravy take to make?
Making a delicious pressure cooker chuck roast with veggies and gravy can be done in a jiffy! This hearty meal can be made in less than an hour, with the majority of the time taken up by the cooking process itself. All you need to do is get the ingredients ready and you’re good to go!
First, you’ll want to prepare the roast. Rub the roast with salt and pepper, then brown it in a pan with some oil. Once the roast is browned, transfer it to the pressure cooker.
Next, add the vegetables and the gravy to the pressure cooker. If you’re using canned vegetables and gravy, pour them into the cooker. If you’re making your own gravy, whisk together the ingredients and then pour it into the pressure cooker. Finally, add a cup of water to the cooker.
Once all the ingredients are in the pressure cooker, close the lid and turn it on. Set the timer for 40 minutes and let the pressure cooker work its magic. After 40 minutes, open the lid and check the roast. If it’s cooked through, your meal is ready!
Now you have a delicious and hearty pressure cooker chuck roast with veggies and gravy to enjoy. It only took you an hour to make, and you can now enjoy a comforting, home-cooked meal with your family.
What types of veggies can you add to the chuck roast?
You can add a variety of veggies to your pressure cooker chuck roast to make it even more delicious! Carrots, potatoes, celery, and onions are all great choices. Parsnips, turnips, and rutabaga can also be used. If you want to add some green veggies, try adding kale, spinach, and mushrooms. If you like a bit of sweetness, add in some sweet potatoes or yams. You can also get creative and add your favorite type of squash or some fresh herbs. Not only do the veggies add flavor, but they’ll also make the meal even more nutritious.
What is the best way to serve the pressure cooker chuck roast with veggies and gravy?
The best way to serve pressure cooker chuck roast with veggies and gravy is to let the flavors meld together as they rest at the bottom of the pot. Serve it family-style with mashed potatoes or a side of garlic bread to soak up the savory gravy. The melt-in-your-mouth texture of the chuck roast and the hearty vegetables create a comforting and flavorful meal that is sure to satisfy the whole family.
The pressure cooker helps to reduce the cooking time and preserves the flavor of the roast and vegetables. This allows the chuck roast to remain juicy, while the vegetables absorb all the delicious flavors. The gravy is then made from the flavorful juices that remain in the pot. The result is a rich and savory gravy that pairs perfectly with the chuck roast and vegetables.
For an added touch of indulgence, top the pressure cooker chuck roast with veggies and gravy with a dollop of sour cream. The creaminess of the sour cream pairs beautifully with the savory flavors of the chuck roast and vegetables. You can also sprinkle some fresh parsley or green onions for a pop of freshness.
No matter how you choose to serve it, pressure cooker chuck roast with veggies and gravy is a comforting, tasty meal that is sure to impress. With minimal preparation and minimal cooking time, this dish is the perfect weeknight meal. Serve it with a side of mashed potatoes or garlic bread and you’ve got a complete meal that’s sure to be a hit with the whole family.