As someone who loves to cook, I know that sometimes the simplest recipes can be the most delicious! That’s why I’m so excited to share my recipe for Pork Tenderloin with Apple Cider Au Jus. I’ve been making this recipe for years, and it never fails to impress. The juicy pork tenderloin is perfectly complemented by the sweet, tart flavor of the apple cider au jus. Serve with mashed potatoes and a side of roasted vegetables for a truly memorable meal!
Pork Tenderloin with Apple Cider Au Jus Recipe
- 2 pork tenderloins, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup apple cider
- 1/4 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F.
- Place the trimmed pork tenderloins on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Drizzle the olive oil over top and rub it in well. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Roast the pork in the preheated oven for 30 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F.
- While the pork is roasting, heat a small saucepan over medium heat and add the apple cider, chicken broth, Dijon mustard, honey, thyme, and rosemary. Bring the mixture to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the sauce is slightly thickened.
- When the pork is cooked, remove it from the oven and let it rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
- Serve the pork with the apple cider au jus poured over top. Enjoy!
- Calories: 473
- Total Fat: 18g
- Cholesterol: 141mg
- Sodium: 247mg
- Carbohydrates: 33g
- Protein: 42g
- Fiber: 1.7g
What is pork tenderloin and why is it such a popular choice for dinner?
Pork tenderloin is a lean, tender cut of meat that is super popular for dinner. It has a mild flavor and is incredibly juicy and juicy when cooked. It’s one of the leanest cuts of pork available and is incredibly versatile – you can season it, stuff it, wrap it in bacon, or bake it in a pan. It’s also relatively quick to cook, making it a great choice for an easy weeknight meal.
The popularity of pork tenderloin really comes down to the flavor and versatility. Its mild flavor allows you to pair it with a variety of flavors, from sweet and savory to spicy and tangy. You can stuff it with a variety of fillings, from apples and cranberries to spinach and feta cheese. You can wrap it in bacon or sear it with herbs and spices.
Pork tenderloin is also incredibly easy to prepare. You can marinate it overnight, or simply season it with salt and pepper before cooking. Then, all you have to do is bake it in the oven or sear it in a skillet. The cooking time will depend on the size of the pork tenderloin, but it usually takes around 20 minutes or less.
Pork tenderloin with apple cider au jus is the perfect way to enjoy this delicious cut of pork. The sweetness of the apple cider complements the mild flavor of the pork, and the au jus adds a rich, savory flavor to the dish. It’s a simple and delicious meal that you can enjoy any night of the week.
What makes a pork tenderloin with apple cider au jus so special?
What makes pork tenderloin with apple cider au jus so special? The simple answer is that it’s one of the most deliciously flavorful dishes you’ll ever try! The combination of tender pork and rich, savory au jus is a match made in heaven, and the addition of apple cider brings a subtle hint of sweetness that takes it to the next level. It’s an unforgettable experience that’s sure to be a hit with family and friends.
The first step in this recipe is to season the pork with salt and pepper and then sear it in a pan until it’s golden brown. This locks in the juices, making the pork incredibly tender and juicy. Once the pork is cooked, the pan is deglazed with apple cider and a few herbs, adding a wonderful depth of flavor to the sauce. The last step is to simmer the pork in the au jus until it’s cooked through and then serve it with the remaining sauce.
Pork tenderloin with apple cider au jus is a simple yet incredibly flavorful dish that everyone will love. It’s a great way to impress guests and make a special occasion truly memorable. The combination of pork, au jus, and apple cider is truly unique and sure to be a hit with everyone at the table. So, the next time you’re looking for a special meal, give this recipe a try and enjoy the amazing flavors that it brings to the table.
What are some tips and tricks for preparing the perfect pork tenderloin?
Preparing the perfect pork tenderloin is easy when you know the right tips and tricks! Here are some of the best ones:
- Start by selecting the right cut of pork. Look for a pork tenderloin that is firm to the touch and has a pinkish-red color. This will ensure that your pork tenderloin is flavorful and juicy.
- Trim any excess fat from the pork tenderloin with a sharp knife. This will help the pork to cook evenly and prevent it from drying out.
- Marinate your pork tenderloin for at least an hour before cooking. This will enhance the flavor and make the pork tenderloin even more tender.
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit before cooking. This is the perfect temperature for roasting the pork tenderloin.
- Place the pork tenderloin in a roasting pan and add a few tablespoons of olive oil. This will help the pork to brown and caramelize.
- Roast the pork for about 25 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 145 degrees Fahrenheit. This will ensure that the pork is cooked through and juicy.
- Let the pork rest for at least 10 minutes after cooking. This will allow the juices to settle and the pork to reabsorb them.
- Slice the pork tenderloin before serving and top with a rich apple cider au jus. This will add extra flavor and moisture to the pork.
What sides and accompaniments pair best with pork tenderloin?
When it comes to pork tenderloin, there are plenty of delicious sides and accompaniments to choose from. When made with apple cider au jus, the sweetness of the apple pairs perfectly with the savory flavor of the pork. To make the perfect meal, pair the pork tenderloin with roasted vegetables, mashed potatoes, and a crunchy side salad.
Roasted vegetables are a great option for adding a bit of texture and flavor to the plate. Root vegetables such as carrots, parsnips, and potatoes are a great accompaniment to the pork tenderloin, and can be cooked in the same pan with a bit of oil and herbs. The roasting process helps to caramelize the vegetables and brings out their natural sweetness, which pairs nicely with the apple cider au jus.
Mashed potatoes are a classic side dish, and they are especially delicious when served with pork tenderloin. To make the ultimate comfort food, mash potatoes with butter, milk, and a sprinkle of salt and pepper. The creamy texture and rich flavor of the mashed potatoes will complement the savory pork and sweet apple cider au jus.
Finally, a crunchy side salad is the perfect way to round out the meal. Salads can be as simple or as complex as you like – mix together your favorite greens and vegetables, drizzle with a light dressing, and you have a nutritious side dish. The freshness of the salad will pair nicely with the pork and bring a bright note to the plate.
When it comes to pork tenderloin with apple cider au jus, there are plenty of delicious sides and accompaniments to choose from. Roasted vegetables, mashed potatoes, and a side salad are the perfect complement to this savory and sweet dish.
How can you use the leftovers to create an entirely new meal?
Making something entirely new with the leftovers from Pork Tenderloin with Apple Cider Au Jus is a great way to get creative in the kitchen! There are a few tasty ideas you can try that won’t require too much time or effort.
One idea is to make a delicious pork hash. Dice up some of the leftover pork, potatoes, and onions, and fry in a skillet with a bit of butter and salt and pepper. Top the hash with a fried egg and you’ve got a delicious breakfast or brunch dish.
If you’d rather make something a bit more substantial, try making a pork tenderloin sandwich. Slice up some of the leftover pork, and spread it with some of the apple cider au jus. Pile it on a toasted bun and top with your favorite condiments for a unique and flavorful sandwich.
Finally, you can also use the leftovers to make a comforting pork stew. Simply sauté some diced potatoes, carrots, and onions in a pot, and add in the pork and some of the au jus. Simmer until everything is cooked through, and you’ll have a delicious stew in no time!
Making something new with your leftovers can be a fun and creative way to enjoy the same meal in a brand new way.