Delicious Peanut Butter Snickerdoodles Recipe
I’m a fan of anything peanut butter and snickerdoodles, so it’s no surprise that I love this unique combination. Peanut Butter Snickerdoodles are the perfect treat for any occasion and are always a hit with my family and friends. They are chewy and delicious, with a hint of peanut butter and cinnamon. I love baking these cookies because they are so easy to make and always come out perfectly. Plus, they make my house smell amazing! Try this recipe and you’ll be sure to impress everyone!
Peanut Butter Snickerdoodles Recipe
- ¾ cup creamy peanut butter
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In a medium bowl, mix together ¾ cup creamy peanut butter, ¾ cup granulated sugar, 1 large egg, ¼ teaspoon baking soda, and ¼ teaspoon salt.
- In another bowl, mix together ¼ cup light brown sugar, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon, 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour, and 2 tablespoons white sugar.
- Combine the two mixtures and mix until well blended.
- Use a teaspoon to drop the dough onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Using the back of a fork, flatten each cookie.
- Sprinkle each cookie with the remaining white sugar.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Allow the cookies to cool for 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
- Enjoy your delicious Peanut Butter Snickerdoodles!
- Calories: 382 kcal
- Carbohydrates: 41.3 g
- Protein: 11.3 g
- Fat: 18.7 g
- Saturated Fat: 4.7 g
- Cholesterol: 34.7 mg
- Sodium: 246.2 mg
- Potassium: 181.3 mg
- Fiber: 2.3 g
- Sugar: 30.3 g
- Vitamin A: 76.3 IU
- Calcium: 22.7 mg
- Iron: 1.7 mg
What makes peanut butter snickerdoodles so irresistible?
You simply can’t resist the delicious combination of peanut butter and sugar that makes Peanut Butter Snickerdoodles so irresistible! The classic Snickerdoodle cookie was originally made with butter, cinnamon, and sugar. But when peanut butter is added to the mix, it takes these beloved cookies to a whole new level of deliciousness.
The combination of peanut butter and sugar creates a unique harmony of flavors that is hard to resist. Peanut Butter Snickerdoodles have a subtle sweetness that isn’t overpowering, and the hint of cinnamon adds a nice kick. The texture of the cookie is crunchy on the outside and soft and chewy on the inside, making them a delight to indulge in.
But the best part about Peanut Butter Snickerdoodles is that they are incredibly easy to make. All you need is a few simple ingredients and some time in the kitchen. You can make a batch of these yummy treats in no time at all, and they will be the perfect addition to any gathering.
How to know when peanut butter snickerdoodles are ready?
You’ll know the peanut butter snickerdoodles are ready when they turn a golden brown color and when they look slightly puffy.
Here are a few tips to help you determine when they’re done:
- Look for a golden brown color on the top and sides of the cookie.
- You can also gently press on the top of the cookie with a spoon or your finger. If the cookie bounces back up, it’s done baking!.
- Use a toothpick or cake tester to check the center of the cookie. If it comes out clean, the peanut butter snickerdoodles are ready.
- Make sure to remove the cookies from the oven when they’re finished. If you leave them in too long, they can become dry and hard.
What is the history of peanut butter snickerdoodles?
Have you ever wondered what the history behind peanut butter snickerdoodles is? Well, you’re in luck, because these delicious treats have a story behind them that dates back to the 1930s.
The first batch of peanut butter snickerdoodles was created by a woman named Margaret Morris in her home kitchen. The recipe called for peanut butter, sugar, flour, baking powder and butter. She was looking to create something special that combined two of her favorite flavors: peanut butter and cinnamon.
The original name of the cookie was “Peanut Butter Snickerdoodles,” but it wasn’t until the 1950s that the name changed to its current form, “Peanut Butter Snickerdoodle.”
Over the years, the recipe for peanut butter snickerdoodles has been modified to include different ingredients. Some recipes call for the addition of chocolate chips or other mix-ins, while others call for the cookies to be rolled in sugar or cinnamon before baking.
Today, peanut butter snickerdoodles are beloved around the world by people of all ages. They’re a classic treat that continues to be enjoyed in homes, bakeries and restaurants alike.
What type of ingredients go into making peanut butter snickerdoodles?
When it comes to making delicious peanut butter snickerdoodles, there are a few key ingredients to keep in mind. First, you’ll need all-purpose flour, baking soda, cream of tartar, salt, butter, granulated sugar, light brown sugar, peanut butter, an egg, and vanilla extract.
To make these treats even more special, you can also add in some cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger for a warm, spiced flavor. With these ingredients, you can create a delicious, soft and chewy cookie that is sure to satisfy your sweet tooth.
The key to a perfectly baked peanut butter snickerdoodle is combining the sugar, butter, and peanut butter together until they become light and fluffy. Then, you’ll add the egg and vanilla extract and mix until everything is combined. Finally, you’ll slowly add in the dry ingredients and mix until everything is evenly incorporated.
Once the dough is ready, you’ll scoop out the cookie dough, roll it in a mixture of cinnamon and sugar, and place it on a baking sheet. Bake for about 10 minutes and you will have a delicious batch of peanut butter snickerdoodles.
What type of equipment do you need to make peanut butter snickerdoodles?
Making peanut butter snickerdoodles isn’t complicated and you don’t need any special equipment. All you really need is a few basic baking tools to get started.
To make these delicious treats, you’ll need a bowl, an electric mixer or a spoon, measuring spoons and cups, a baking sheet, parchment paper and an oven. The electric mixer will save you time and make the dough easier to mix, but if you don’t have one, you can use a spoon and a bit of elbow grease instead.
You’ll also need the ingredients to make the peanut butter snickerdoodles. You’ll need peanut butter, sugar, butter, eggs, vanilla extract, baking powder, baking soda and a pinch of salt.
What are the key steps to making peanut butter snickerdoodles?
Making delicious peanut butter snickerdoodles is easier than you might think! All you need are a few simple ingredients and a few easy steps. Let’s take a look at what you’ll need to do to whip up a batch of these amazing treats.
First, preheat your oven to 350°F. While it’s heating up, mix together a cup of creamy peanut butter, one cup of white sugar, and one egg in a large bowl. Once it is all combined, use a spoon to scoop out tablespoon-sized amounts of the peanut butter mixture and roll them into little balls.
Next, mix together a half cup of white sugar, two teaspoons of cinnamon, and two tablespoons of shortening in a small bowl. Roll the peanut butter balls in the cinnamon sugar mixture, and then place them on an ungreased cookie sheet, making sure to leave a few inches between each one.
Bake the snickerdoodles for 10 minutes. When they’re done, they should be lightly golden around the edges.
What are some creative ways to serve and enjoy peanut butter snickerdoodles?
You can enjoy peanut butter snickerdoodles in a variety of creative and delicious ways! Here are some of our favorite ways to serve and enjoy them:
- As a Sundae Topping – Spread peanut butter snickerdoodle cookies on top of a scoop of your favorite ice cream. It’s a great way to combine the delicious flavors of peanut butter and cinnamon into one delectable treat!
- As a Milkshake – Put a few peanut butter snickerdoodles in a blender with some ice cream and milk, and you have an amazing peanut butter snickerdoodle milkshake!
- As a Dip – Dip your favorite fruits (e.g., strawberries, bananas, apples, etc.) into a bowl of melted peanut butter snickerdoodle cookies. It’s a fun and tasty way to enjoy this classic cookie!
- As a Fondue – Melt a few peanut butter snickerdoodles in a pot of warmed heavy cream and voila! You have a delicious and creamy fondue that goes great with fresh fruits, pretzels, or marshmallows.
No matter how you serve peanut butter snickerdoodles, they’re sure to be a hit with the whole family.