My love affair with peanut butter cookies began when I was a child, and I would help my grandmother bake them in her kitchen. I have countless memories of the sweet, nutty aroma that filled the air as the cookies baked in the oven. Even now, the smell of peanut butter cookies baking brings me comfort and joy. I’m excited to share my favorite recipe for peanut butter cookies with you today!
Peanut Butter Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup of creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup of granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup of light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- Peanut Butter Cookies
- Let’s get started on these delicious peanut butter cookies!
- You’ll need:
- cup of creamy peanut butter
- /2 cup of granulated sugar
- /2 cup of light brown sugar
- large egg
- teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
- /4 teaspoon of baking soda
- /2 teaspoon of salt
- Let’s get the prepping done first! Start by preheating your oven to 350 degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix together the peanut butter, granulated sugar, light brown sugar, egg, vanilla extract, baking soda, and salt until everything is well combined.
- Use a cookie scoop to scoop out tablespoon-sized balls of dough onto the prepared baking sheets. Make sure to leave enough space between them as they will spread while they bake.
- Pop the baking sheets into the preheated oven and bake for 10-12 minutes. When they’re finished baking, remove them from the oven and let them cool for 10 minutes before serving warm.
- Enjoy your delicious homemade peanut butter cookies!
- Serving size: 1 cookie (31g)
- Calories: 140
- Total Fat: 7g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Total Carbohydrates: 16g
- Sugars: 10g
- Protein: 4g
- Sodium: 140mg
What type of peanut butter is best for making the perfect peanut butter cookie?
If you’re looking to make the perfect peanut butter cookie, the type of peanut butter you use matters! The best peanut butter for achieving that classic, melt-in-your-mouth texture is a smooth, creamy variety with no added sugar. Natural peanut butter is a great choice for getting the perfect flavor balance and for avoiding any artificial ingredients. If you want to take it up a notch, you could also try a honey-roasted, or even a crunchy peanut butter for added texture and flavor.
When making a peanut butter cookie, it’s important to consider all of the ingredients and how they interact together. Peanut butter is a key player in the mix, and so it’s essential to choose the right type for your recipe. Natural peanut butter has all of the peanutty, nutty flavor you’re looking for, while honey-roasted or crunchy peanut butters can add an extra dose of sweetness and texture. Whichever type you choose, make sure it has no added sugar or other artificial ingredients.
No matter which type of peanut butter you use, you can be sure that your peanut butter cookies will be delicious. Just remember to choose a smooth or crunchy variety that has no added sugar and you’ll be sure to get a perfect batch every time.
What are the key ingredients for making the perfect peanut butter cookie?
Making the perfect peanut butter cookie is all about the right mix of ingredients. There are four key elements you need to get the flavor, texture, and overall deliciousness just right: peanut butter, sugar, eggs, and flour.
First, you’ll need to decide which type of peanut butter to use. Creamy or crunchy? Natural or regular? If you’re looking for a more traditional, classic cookie, go for a creamy, regular peanut butter. If you want a more textured, nutty flavor, crunchy and/or natural peanut butter is a great choice.
Next, you’ll want to select the sugar. Brown sugar is great for adding a slightly caramel-like flavor, while white sugar will make for a more traditional, sweet cookie. Whichever you choose, make sure you measure it accurately.
Eggs are essential for a thick and chewy texture. You can use either regular or large eggs depending on how thick you want your cookies.
Finally, you’ll need flour. All-purpose flour is the best way to go, as it will give your cookies a balance of structure and softness.
What are the benefits of baking peanut butter cookies?
The benefits of baking peanut butter cookies are plentiful! Not only do they make your home smell amazing, but they also bring joy to all who take part in the baking process. Here are some of the biggest rewards that come with baking your own peanut butter cookies:
- Delicious flavors: Peanut butter cookies are a classic treat that will always satisfy. With a combination of sweet and salty, they make for the perfect snack or dessert.
- Shared experience: Baking is a great activity for the whole family to enjoy together. Not only will you create something delicious, but you’ll also create lasting memories.
- Value for money: Baking your own peanut butter cookies is a great way to save money. Instead of buying expensive pre-made cookies, you can make your own for a fraction of the cost.
- Quality control: When you bake your own peanut butter cookies, you know exactly what’s going into them. You can customize your recipe to make them as delicious as you want, without any unwanted additives or preservatives.
Baking peanut butter cookies can be a rewarding and fun experience. Whether you’re baking for yourself or for a family gathering, you’ll reap the benefits of making something delicious and memorable.
What are some tips and tricks for making sure the cookies turn out perfectly?
Cooking the perfect peanut butter cookie is an art form! Here are some tips and tricks to make sure that your cookies turn out perfectly every time:
- Start with a good recipe. Look for recipes that have been tried and tested, with plenty of reviews.
- Make sure you measure your ingredients correctly. Too much or too little of any one ingredient can dramatically change the texture and taste of your cookies.
- Use softened butter or margarine. If you use cold butter, it will take much longer to mix and can result in an uneven mix of ingredients.
- Use creamy peanut butter rather than chunky. Chunky peanut butter can create an uneven texture in the cookie.
- Don’t overmix the cookie dough. Once all of the ingredients have been added, mix the dough for no more than 30 seconds.
- Refrigerate the dough for at least 30 minutes before baking. This allows the ingredients to combine and helps keep the cookies from spreading out too much during baking.
- Space the cookies on the baking sheet. They should be at least 2 inches apart to allow for even baking.
- Bake the cookies at the recommended temperature and time. Baking the cookies at too high of a temperature or for too long can result in dry, overcooked cookies.
How can you customize your peanut butter cookies with different ingredients?
Customizing your peanut butter cookies with different ingredients can make them even more delicious and enjoyable! There are a ton of ways to get creative with your cookie recipes. Here are some of the most popular ideas for customizing your peanut butter cookies:
- Swap out the peanut butter for almond butter. Almond butter adds a subtle nutty flavor and creamy texture to your cookies. Plus, it’s a great way to switch up the flavor profile and make your cookies unique.
- Add a variety of mix-ins. From chopped nuts and dried fruit to chocolate chips and marshmallows, the possibilities are endless! Mix-ins can make your cookies more flavorful and add a fun twist.
- Get creative with spices. Add a pinch of cinnamon or a dash of nutmeg to your cookie dough to give your cookies an extra boost of flavor.
- Try out different sugars. Try replacing some or all of the white sugar with brown sugar, coconut sugar, or even honey. This will add depth and richness to the flavor of your cookies.
These are just a few ideas for customizing your peanut butter cookies.
What is the history of the peanut butter cookie?
The history of the beloved peanut butter cookie is almost as tasty as the cookie itself! The exact origins of the peanut butter cookie are unknown, but some believe the cookies first appeared in the late 1800s. During this time, the most popular recipes for the cookies were made with all-natural peanut butter, butter, sugar, and flour.
By the early 1900s, the cookies had become a staple in home kitchens and cookbooks. Around this time, the first commercial peanut butter cookie product was created by the Sanitarium Health Food Company. The product was a mix of peanut butter, sugar, and flour that could be easily prepared in the kitchen.
In the 1920s, the cookie was further popularized when the company Nabisco released its own version of the peanut butter cookie. Their product was made with the same ingredients as before, but the cookie was baked into its now-recognizable shape.
The peanut butter cookies we know and love today are a combination of all of these early recipes. They are made with a combination of peanut butter, butter, sugar, and flour, and they come in an array of shapes and sizes.
What are some creative ways to serve peanut butter cookies?
There are so many fun and creative ways to serve peanut butter cookies! From adding peanut butter chips and toppings to creating unique ice cream sandwiches, there is no limit to the delicious treats you can whip up. Here are a few of our favorite creative ways to enjoy peanut butter cookies:
- Peanut Butter Chip Monster Cookies: Add a hefty dose of peanut butter chips to your favorite peanut butter cookie recipe for an extra blast of peanut buttery goodness.
- Peanut Butter Sandwich Cookies: Pre-baked peanut butter cookies make a great base for a classic cookie sandwich. Spread a generous layer of your favorite nut butter between two cookies, and you’ve got a delicious treat!
- Peanut Butter Ice Cream Sandwiches: Take your cookie sandwich game to the next level by filling it with your favorite ice cream flavor. It’s a great way to cool off while satisfying your sweet tooth.
- Peanut Butter Cup Cookies: Top your peanut butter cookies with peanut butter cups for a classic combination. Sprinkle the tops with crushed peanuts for some extra crunch.
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Cookies: Who says you need bread to enjoy the classic PB&J combo? Try adding a spoonful of your favorite jam to the center of a peanut butter cookie for a sweet twist on this classic sandwich.
Whether you’re looking for a classic cookie or something with a little extra pizazz, there are plenty of creative ways to serve up peanut butter cookies.