Growing up, my favorite homemade treat was my mom’s peanut butter cookies. Every time I opened the oven and breathed in that distinct peanut butter aroma, all of my worries seemed to drift away. I remember the smell of toasted peanuts, the warmth of the oven, and the feeling of my mouth watering at the thought of biting into one of those soft, buttery cookies. I’m so excited to share my mom’s recipe for peanut butter cookies with you – it’s sure to bring back some of those same comforting memories!
Peanut Butter Cookies Recipe
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat your oven to 350°F and prepare a baking sheet by lining it with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, cream together the peanut butter, brown sugar, and white sugar.
- Beat in the egg, followed by the vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, stirring until a thick dough forms.
- Using a spoon or cookie scoop, drop tablespoonfuls of dough onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Flatten the dough with a fork, and bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Allow the cookies to cool for two minutes on the baking sheet before transferring them to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Enjoy your delicious peanut butter cookies!
- Calories: 247
- Total Fat: 11 g
- Saturated Fat: 3 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Cholesterol: 21 mg
- Sodium: 188 mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 33 g
- Dietary Fiber: 1 g
- Sugars: 21 g
- Protein: 4 g
What variations can i make to my peanut butter cookie recipe?
If you’re looking to make your peanut butter cookie recipe a little more interesting, there are plenty of variations you can try! From adding different types of nuts and candy, to using different recipes, you’re only limited by your imagination. Here are some fun ways to switch up your favorite peanut butter cookie recipe.
- Add Nuts – Adding chopped almonds, walnuts, or pecans to your cookie dough will give your cookies an extra crunchy texture. If you prefer a more subtle nutty flavor, try adding ground nuts instead.
- Use Different Recipes – Peanut butter cookies can be made in many different ways, from chewy to crunchy. Try a new recipe to see which type of cookie you like best.
- Add Chocolate – If you’re looking for something sweeter, try adding chocolate chips or chunks to your cookie dough. You can even combine different types of chocolate for a unique flavor!
- Add Fruit – For a more flavorful cookie, try adding dried fruits like raisins or cranberries. If you prefer a sweeter cookie, toss in some mini marshmallows.
- Get Creative with Spices – Spices like nutmeg, cinnamon, and cardamom will add a delicious flavor to your cookies. Experiment with different combinations to find the right balance of flavors.
No matter how you choose to switch up your peanut butter cookie recipe, you can be sure that the result will be delicious.
What are my options for making peanut butter cookies healthier?
If you’re looking to make your peanut butter cookie recipes healthier, you’ve got plenty of options! There are small changes you can make to the ingredients that will make your cookies healthier without sacrificing flavor. Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Opt for natural peanut butter. Natural peanut butter is made with just one ingredient—peanuts—and has no added sugar or preservatives. It also contains more protein, vitamins, and minerals than regular peanut butter.
- Use whole wheat flour. Whole wheat flour adds more fiber, protein, and other vitamins and minerals to your cookies. You can either use it as the main flour in your recipe or mix it with all-purpose flour to form a healthier cookie batter.
- Use applesauce instead of butter. Applesauce adds a naturally sweet flavor to your cookies and is a healthier alternative to butter. It also adds a boost of vitamins and minerals to your cookies.
- Add a few extra ingredients. Adding ingredients like oatmeal, nuts, and dried fruit to your cookie dough can add flavor, texture, and important nutrients to your cookies.
By making a few simple changes to your recipe, you can make your peanut butter cookies healthier without sacrificing taste.
What are the benefits of eating peanut butter cookies?
Peanut butter cookies are a delicious treat that pack a lot of health benefits!
- They are a great source of protein and a good source of healthy fats and fiber.
- Peanut butter cookies are low in calories, making them a great snack for people trying to watch their weight.
- Eating peanut butter cookies can help reduce the risk of heart disease and lower cholesterol levels.
- They are also rich in vitamins and minerals, including potassium, iron, magnesium, and zinc.
- Peanut butter cookies can give you an energy boost and help you stay fuller for longer.
- Eating peanut butter cookies can also help improve your digestive health.
- Peanut butter cookies are a great source of antioxidants which can help protect your cells from damage, keeping your body healthy.
How long does it take to make delicious peanut butter cookies?
Making delicious peanut butter cookies only takes about 30 minutes! It’s so easy, you’ll be savoring your sweet treats before you know it.
First, preheat your oven to 375° Fahrenheit. Then, in a medium bowl, cream together 1 cup of softened butter, 1 cup of creamy peanut butter, 1 cup of packed brown sugar, and 1 cup of white sugar until well combined. Next, add in 2 eggs and 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract and mix until smooth.
In a separate bowl, mix together 2 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour, 1 teaspoon of baking soda, and 1/2 teaspoon of salt. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until the dough forms.
Using a tablespoon, roll small bits of dough into balls and place them onto an ungreased baking sheet. Bake the cookies for 11-12 minutes or until golden brown. Once they’re done baking, let them cool for a few minutes before serving.
And that’s it! Delicious peanut butter cookies ready in just 30 minutes.
What are some creative ways to serve peanut butter cookies?
When it comes to peanut butter cookies, there’s no shortage of creative ways to serve them. From sandwiching them with ice cream or frosting, to crumbling them over ice cream sundaes, to making them into “truffles” – the possibilities are endless! Here are some of the most mouth-watering and creative ways to serve peanut butter cookies.
- Peanut Butter Ice Cream Sandwiches – What could be better than a delicious, creamy ice cream sandwich made with your favorite peanut butter cookies? You can make them with any flavor of ice cream that you like, and you can customize them by adding things like candy, sprinkles, nuts, or chopped-up pieces of other cookies.
- Peanut Butter Cookie Truffles – Take your peanut butter cookie dough and roll it into balls, then dip them in melted chocolate and let them set. Once they’re set, you’ll have the most delicious little peanut butter cookie truffles that make for an impressive presentation.
- Peanut Butter Crumble Sundae – Make your own peanut butter cookie crumble and top it on your favorite ice cream sundae. This is an easy and delicious way to enjoy peanut butter cookies.
- Peanut Butter Cookie Milkshake – Craving a milkshake? Use some of your favorite peanut butter cookies to make a creamy and indulgent milkshake. You can customize it with different flavors, like chocolate or vanilla, and add things like nuts or sprinkles.
- Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Pizza – Love cookie dough? Use your favorite peanut butter cookie dough to make a “pizza” – spread it into a circle shape on a large greased baking sheet, bake it, then top it with whatever you like. You can top it with ice cream, chocolate sauce, or anything else you can think of.
These are just a few of the creative ways to serve peanut butter cookies.