Peanut Butter Bars I
These are delicious peanut butter bars that are perfect for a snack or dessert. They are easy to make and only require a few ingredients. The best part about these bars is that they can be made ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator for when you need them.
- 1 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 ½ cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 4 tablespoons peanut butter
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour one 9×13 inch baking pan.
2. In a medium bowl, mix together the butter or margarine, graham cracker crumbs, confectioners’ sugar, and 1 cup peanut butter until well blended. Press evenly into the bottom of the prepared pan.
3. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 18 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool slightly.
4 In a metal bowl over simmering water, or in a microwave-safe bowl in the microwave, melt the chocolate chips with the 4 tablespoons peanut butter, stirring occasionally until smooth. Spread over the crust.
5 Refrigerate for at least one hour before cutting into squares
- Calories: 2200
- Fat: 120 g
- Saturated fat: 60 g
- Cholesterol: 220 mg
- Sodium: 2300 mg
- Carbohydrates: 260 g
- Fiber: 8 g
- Sugar: 160 g