I’m so excited to share my favorite recipe with you all today—orange-cranberry marmalade! This delightful spread has been a staple in my kitchen for years, and I just can’t get enough of it. With its sweet and tangy flavor and thick, jam-like consistency, it’s the perfect way to start the day. Whether you spread it on toast or use it as a topping for ice cream, this citrusy marmalade will brighten up any dish. So, let’s get started!
Orange-Cranberry Marmalade Recipe
- 2 cups fresh cranberries
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange zest
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Gather all the ingredients for this delicious Orange-Cranberry Marmalade: 2 cups fresh cranberries, 1/2 cup orange juice, 1/2 cup granulated sugar, 2 tablespoons fresh orange zest, 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, and 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the cranberries, orange juice, sugar, orange zest, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Bring the mixture to a boil over medium-high heat, then reduce the heat to low and simmer for about 25 minutes or until the cranberries have softened and the marmalade has thickened.
- Let the marmalade cool before transferring it to an airtight container.
- Enjoy your homemade Orange-Cranberry Marmalade!
- Calories: 103 kcal
- Carbohydrates: 25.5 g
- Fat: 0 g
- Protein: 0.5 g
- Sodium: 5.2 mg
- Sugar: 20 g
Why should you try orange-cranberry marmalade?
Do you want to experience something truly unique and special? Then you must try orange-cranberry marmalade! This innovative twist on traditional marmalade combines two distinct flavors, sweet oranges and tart cranberries, to create a flavor like no other.
Orange-cranberry marmalade is a great way to add a hint of sweetness to a savory dish. Try it as a topping on a brie or camembert cheese, or even as a glaze on roasted vegetables. The acidic cranberries balance out the sweetness of the oranges to create a wonderful flavor that will tantalize your taste buds. Plus, the marmalade’s chunky texture adds a nice crunch to any dish.
If you’re looking for a dessert with a unique flavor, orange-cranberry marmalade is perfect. Enjoy it as a topping on ice cream, or make an amazing tart or pie filling. You can even use it as a filling or glaze for cookies and cakes. Whatever you choose to make with it, you’ll be sure to satisfy your sweet tooth with this delicious treat.
Finally, orange-cranberry marmalade is a great way to enjoy a healthier snack. With no added sugars or preservatives, this marmalade is a great alternative to store-bought jams and jellies. Plus, oranges are packed with vitamins and cranberries are anti-inflammatory and good for digestion, so you can snack guilt-free with this delicious marmalade.
So if you’re looking for something new and exciting to add to your cooking repertoire, try making some orange-cranberry marmalade today! You won’t be disappointed.
What are the health benefits of orange-cranberry marmalade?
If you’re looking for a delicious way to reap the health benefits of both oranges and cranberries, then look no further than orange-cranberry marmalade! This tangy citrus-berry jam is packed full of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants, making it a great option for a healthy snack or tasty topping. Here are some of the benefits you can get from incorporating orange-cranberry marmalade into your diet:
- Vitamin C: Oranges are a fantastic source of Vitamin C, and the combination of oranges and cranberries in marmalade makes for an even higher concentration. Vitamin C is essential for healthy skin, bones, and blood vessels.
- Antioxidants: Cranberries are loaded with antioxidants, which help to protect against free radical damage, reduce inflammation, and slow the signs of aging.
- Fiber: Both oranges and cranberries are high in fiber, which helps to keep you feeling fuller for longer, aids in digestion, and helps to maintain healthy blood sugar levels.
- Vitamin A: Cranberries are a good source of Vitamin A, which helps to support eye health, strengthens the immune system, and helps to keep skin and hair healthy.
- Potassium: Oranges contain potassium, an electrolyte that helps to regulate blood pressure and aid in muscle contractions.
So if you’re looking for a tasty and healthy snack or topping, consider adding orange-cranberry marmalade to your diet. With its high levels of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants, it’s sure to provide a boost to your overall health and wellbeing.
What is the unique flavor combination of orange-cranberry marmalade?
If you’re looking for a unique flavor combination, look no further than orange-cranberry marmalade! This sweet and tangy jam has a unique flavor that is unlike any other. The combination of tart cranberries and sweet oranges creates a perfect balance of flavors that will tantalize your taste buds.
The orange-cranberry marmalade has a slight tanginess that is balanced out by the sweetness of the oranges. The oranges also add a nice citrus flavor to the mix. The cranberries provide a tartness that is offset by the sweetness of the oranges, making for a delightful and tasty jam.
The orange-cranberry marmalade is perfect for spreading on toast, biscuits, or muffins. It’s also great as a topping for ice cream, yogurt, or pancakes. You can also use it as a filling in cakes and pastries.
What is the fastest and easiest way to make orange-cranberry marmalade?
Making orange-cranberry marmalade is easy and fast! All you need for this delicious treat are some oranges, cranberries, sugar, butter, and lemon juice. Simply cook the oranges and cranberries together in a large pot until the cranberries pop and soften and the oranges are tender. Then add the sugar and butter and let it simmer until it’s thick and syrupy. Finally, add the lemon juice for a zesty twist.
How can you use orange-cranberry marmalade in recipes?
You can use orange-cranberry marmalade in a variety of recipes to add a sweet and tart flavor. This delicious condiment pairs especially well with cheeses and meats, as well as sweet baked goods. While it’s perfect for a PB&J sandwich, marmalade is also a great addition to pancakes, waffles, oatmeal, and yogurt. Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Spread the marmalade over a wheel of Brie and pair with crackers.
- Mix it into a vinaigrette with some olive oil and balsamic vinegar for a delicious salad dressing.
- Use it as a glaze on roasted or grilled meats.
- For a sweet breakfast treat, top some French toast with marmalade.
- Swirl it into a cheesecake batter or use it to top muffins or scones.
- Make a fancy appetizer by combining the marmalade with cream cheese and spreading it onto crostini.
Orange-cranberry marmalade is a delicious and versatile condiment that can add a flavorful twist to all kinds of recipes.
What are some creative ways to serve orange-cranberry marmalade?
You can get creative with serving orange-cranberry marmalade! Whether you use it as a topping for breakfast toast or a glaze for pork chops, the possibilities are endless. Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Spread orange-cranberry marmalade over French toast or pancakes for a delicious breakfast treat.
- Mix orange-cranberry marmalade with cream cheese to make a sweet and tart dip for crackers or fruit.
- Use it as a glaze for pork chops, chicken breasts, or even salmon.
- Drizzle it over a block of cream cheese for an elegant appetizer.
- Serve it as an accompaniment to a cheese plate.
- Use it to make an orange-cranberry vinaigrette for a salad.
- Spread it over a slice of pound cake for a delightful dessert.
- Make a marmalade-based BBQ sauce for ribs or chicken wings.
- Mix it with plain Greek yogurt for a sweet and tangy treat.