Crispy Skillet Chicken Thighs – Quick And Easy Recipe!
I’m always looking for delicious and easy dinners that won’t take me hours to prepare and clean up. This One-Skillet Crispy Chicken Thighs recipe has become a go-to for me—it’s mouth-watering, simple to make, and only requires one pan! The juicy chicken thighs are seared until golden and crispy and accompanied by a flavorful blend of garlic, onion, and thyme. Trust me when I say that this dish is sure to be a hit with your family and friends!
One-Skillet Crispy Chicken Thighs Recipe
- • 8 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- • Kosher salt
- • Freshly ground black pepper
- • 2 tablespoons olive oil
- • 2 cloves garlic, minced
- • 2 teaspoons paprika
- • 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- • 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- • ½ teaspoon onion powder
- • ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- • ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- Welcome to the wonderful world of cooking! Today, we’re making One-Skillet Crispy Chicken Thighs. Let’s get started!
- First, let’s prepare our ingredients. We’ll need 8 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs, 2 tablespoons of olive oil, 2 cloves of garlic (minced), 2 teaspoons of paprika, 1 teaspoon of dried oregano, 1 teaspoon of dried thyme, ½ teaspoon of onion powder, ½ teaspoon of garlic powder, and ¼ teaspoon of cayenne pepper (optional).
- Now that we have our ingredients ready, it’s time to season the chicken. Generously season the chicken with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Heat up a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil. When the oil is hot, add the chicken to the skillet, skin side down. Cook the chicken for 8-10 minutes, or until the skin is golden brown and crispy.
- Flip the chicken over and add the garlic, paprika, oregano, thyme, onion powder, garlic powder, and cayenne pepper (optional). Cook for an additional 10-15 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through.
- And there you have it – One-Skillet Crispy Chicken Thighs! This recipe should take about 35 minutes to prepare, 25 minutes to cook, and an additional 10 minutes to rest. Enjoy!
- Calories: 463
- Total Fat: 32g
- Saturated Fat: 7g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Cholesterol: 172mg
- Sodium: 690mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 3g
- Dietary Fiber: 1g
- Sugars: 0g
- Protein: 38g
What’s so great about one-skillet crispy chicken thighs?
You’re about to find out! One-skillet crispy chicken thighs are a delicious, easy-to-make meal that the whole family will love. These succulent chicken thighs are cooked in a single skillet, so there’s no need for multiple pots and pans. Plus, they’re ready to serve in under an hour – perfect for busy weeknight dinners.
A one-skillet meal is great for those who are time-poor, but also those who don’t want to spend ages washing up afterwards. All you need to do is prepare the ingredients, cook the chicken and vegetables, and serve!
The great thing about one-skillet crispy chicken thighs is that they’re incredibly versatile. You can customise the recipe to suit your tastes and dietary requirements. Add some garlic, herbs, and spices to the chicken for extra flavour, or include some seasonal vegetables like broccoli or carrots. You can even make it gluten-free or dairy-free by using alternative ingredients.
But the best part is the flavour! The chicken is cooked until golden and crispy, and the vegetables are lightly cooked until tender. The result is a delicious meal that’s bursting with flavour.
What are the key ingredients for making one-skillet crispy chicken thighs?
If you want to make one-skillet crispy chicken thighs that are juicy, flavorful, and oh-so-tasty, you’ll need a few key ingredients. Here’s what you’ll need to get started:
Chicken Thighs: You’ll want to use boneless, skin-on chicken thighs for this dish. The skin will get nice and crispy while the inside stays juicy and flavorful.
Spices: To give the chicken plenty of flavor, you’ll want to use a blend of your favorite spices. We recommend garlic powder, smoked paprika, cumin, and chili powder.
Oil: You’ll need some oil to help the chicken get that golden-brown, crispy texture. We suggest olive oil, but vegetable or canola oil work just as well.
Vegetables: To round out the dish, you’ll want to add some vegetables. We typically go for mushrooms, peppers, and onions, but feel free to get creative with whatever you have on hand.
Stock: For extra flavor, you’ll want to add some stock or broth. Chicken or vegetable stock will do the trick!
These are the key ingredients needed to make one-skillet crispy chicken thighs. With this simple and delicious recipe, you’ll have a tasty dinner the whole family will love.
What tips and tricks can make preparing one-skillet crispy chicken thighs easier?
Preparing one-skillet crispy chicken thighs doesn’t have to be a daunting task. Here are some tips and tricks to make the process easier and help you enjoy a delicious meal:
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit before you start prepping the chicken.
- Make sure to generously season the chicken thighs with salt and pepper before searing them.
- Heat a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat and then add a tablespoon of olive oil.
- Sear the chicken thighs for about 4 minutes per side or until golden and crispy.
- Place the skillet in the oven for about 15 minutes to cook the chicken through.
- Let the chicken rest for a few minutes before serving.
- Serve the chicken with a side of mashed potatoes or roasted vegetables.
By following these tips and tricks, you can easily prepare a delicious one-skillet crispy chicken thigh meal with minimal effort.
What are the must-follow steps for achieving the best results?
If you want to get the best results every time you make one-skillet crispy chicken thighs, there are some easy-to-follow steps you should keep in mind. First, preheat your oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Then, heat a large oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat. Once the skillet is hot, add olive oil and butter and let it melt. When the butter and oil are fully melted, add the chicken thighs to the skillet and season with salt and pepper. Cook the chicken thighs for about 5 minutes per side until they are golden brown and crispy.
Once the chicken is cooked, lower the heat and add the diced onion and garlic to the skillet. Cook for about 3 minutes until the onions and garlic are soft and fragrant. Then, pour in the white wine, lemon juice, and chicken broth, and stir everything together. Bring the liquid to a boil, then lower the heat and let it simmer for about 10 minutes.
Finally, add the tomatoes and parsley to the skillet and stir everything together. Place the skillet in the preheated oven and bake for about 20 minutes until the top of the chicken is golden and crispy. Remove the skillet from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes before serving. If you follow these easy-to-follow steps, you’ll get the best results every time you make one-skillet crispy chicken thighs.
What additional garnishes can be added to make the dish even more delicious?
You can make One-Skillet Crispy Chicken Thighs even more delicious by adding additional garnishes! Sprinkle some freshly chopped parsley, cilantro, chives, or thyme over the top for a bright and fresh flavor. For a bit of heat, add a sprinkle of red pepper flakes. For a crunchy texture, add some toasted chopped nuts or crumbled bacon. For a hint of sweetness, top with a drizzle of honey or maple syrup. And for a bit of zing, add a squeeze of lemon or lime juice. The possibilities are endless! No matter which garnishes you decide to add, you’ll definitely be taking your One-Skillet Crispy Chicken Thighs to the next level.
How long should one-skillet crispy chicken thighs be cooked for and at what temperature?
Cooking one-skillet crispy chicken thighs is easy and delicious! You’ll want to cook them at 375°F for about 30 minutes before checking the internal temperature. You’ll know they’re done when the internal temperature reaches 165°F.
Once the chicken thighs have reached 165°F, take them out of the skillet and let them rest for a few minutes before serving. This will let the juices redistribute and the flavor will be even better.
If you’re looking for an even crispier finish, you can turn up the heat to 425°F for the last few minutes of cooking. This high heat will crisp up the skin, but you’ll need to keep an eye on the chicken to make sure it doesn’t burn.
To ensure that your one-skillet crispy chicken thighs are cooked perfectly each time, it’s a good idea to use a thermometer to check the internal temperature. This way you’ll never have to worry about overcooking or undercooking your chicken.
What side dishes pair best with one-skillet crispy chicken thighs?
You can’t go wrong with a classic side of mashed potatoes to pair with one-skillet crispy chicken thighs. The comforting flavor and creamy texture of mashed potatoes perfectly complements the savory and succulent flavors in the chicken. For a lighter side dish, add a heaping helping of steamed vegetables. The crunchy texture of the vegetables will contrast nicely with the crispy skin and tender meat of the chicken.
If you’re looking for something a bit more unexpected, try pairing your chicken with a bright and tangy citrus slaw. The sharpness of the slaw will create a perfect balance with the juicy and crunchy chicken. Another option is roasted potatoes and peppers. The warmth of the roasted vegetables will bring out the flavor of the chicken and make for an incredibly delicious meal.
No matter what kind of side dish you choose, one-skillet crispy chicken thighs will make for an incredibly flavorful and satisfying meal.