I love making something special for breakfast, and these Oatmeal-Banana Pancakes always hit the spot! They are fluffy, delicious, and the perfect combination of sweet and savory. Plus, they are so simple to make. All you need are a few ingredients and a few minutes of your time. Give them a try and you won’t be disappointed!
Oatmeal-Banana Pancakes Recipe
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 banana, mashed
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Gather all your ingredients together. You’ll need 1 cup rolled oats, 1 banana, mashed, 1 cup all-purpose flour, 2 teaspoons baking powder, ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon, 2 tablespoons brown sugar, ½ teaspoon salt, 1 cup milk, 2 eggs, 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted, and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the rolled oats, flour, baking powder, cinnamon, brown sugar, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, mash the banana.
- Add the milk, eggs, melted butter, and vanilla extract to the mashed banana and mix together until combined.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Do not overmix.
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Once the skillet is hot, spoon the pancake batter onto the skillet, making sure to leave some space between each pancake.
- Cook the pancakes for about 3-4 minutes, or until the bottom is golden brown.
- Flip the pancakes and cook for an additional 3-4 minutes, or until the other side is golden brown.
- Serve the pancakes with your favorite toppings and enjoy!
- Calories: 571
- Fat: 16g
- Carbohydrates: 93g
- Protein: 15g
- Sodium: 634mg
- Fiber: 6g
- Sugar: 22g
What makes oatmeal-banana pancakes a delicious and nutritious breakfast?
You’ll love starting your day with oatmeal-banana pancakes! This delicious and nutritious breakfast option is made with oats, bananas and a few other simple ingredients. Not only do they taste amazing, but they’re also packed with fiber, vitamins, minerals and healthy fats. Plus, they’re easy to make and can be adapted to fit any dietary needs.
Oats are the star of the show here. Not only do they give the pancakes their signature fluffy texture, but they’re also an excellent source of fiber, B vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. They can help to keep you feeling fuller for longer, and have also been linked to a reduced risk of certain chronic illnesses.
Bananas are another key ingredient in these pancakes. Not only do they give the pancakes their subtle sweetness, but they’re also full of fiber and essential vitamins and minerals. Bananas are known to help regulate blood sugar levels, and are a great source of potassium and magnesium.
To make the pancakes, you’ll need a few other simple ingredients. You’ll need baking powder to give them a light and fluffy texture, milk to bind the ingredients together and some eggs to help them hold their shape. You can also add in your favorite mix-ins, such as nuts or dried fruit, to make them even more nutritious.
You can enjoy your oatmeal-banana pancakes as-is, or add in some toppings for a truly decadent breakfast. Try topping them with nut butter, fresh fruit, honey or yogurt for a delicious and nutritious start to your day.
So why not give oatmeal-banana pancakes a try? Not only are they delicious and nutritious, but they’re also easy to make and can be adapted to fit any dietary needs.
What are the benefits of oatmeal-banana pancakes compared to traditional pancakes?
If you’re looking for a healthier alternative to traditional pancakes, then oatmeal-banana pancakes are the perfect choice for you! These delicious pancakes are packed with nutritious ingredients, and offer incredible health benefits that you won’t get with regular pancakes. Here are some of the benefits of oatmeal-banana pancakes compared to traditional pancakes:
- High in Fiber and Protein: Oatmeal-banana pancakes contain more fiber and protein than traditional pancakes, which can help you feel fuller for longer, making them a great breakfast choice to start your day.
- Lower in Calories: Oatmeal-banana pancakes are lower in calories than traditional pancakes, so you can enjoy them guilt-free.
- Low Glycemic Index: Oatmeal-banana pancakes have a lower glycemic index than traditional pancakes, meaning they won’t spike your blood sugar and can help you maintain steady energy levels throughout the day.
- Heart-Healthy: Oatmeal-banana pancakes are a great source of heart-healthy fats, which can help reduce your risk of heart disease.
- Delicious Taste: Oatmeal-banana pancakes have a delicious, sweet taste that you won’t get with regular pancakes, making them a great option for a delicious breakfast.
What are some tips and tricks to get perfectly fluffy oatmeal-banana pancakes?
You can get perfectly fluffy oatmeal-banana pancakes with these tips and tricks:
- Start by mashing the banana in a bowl until it becomes a paste. This will help your oatmeal-banana pancakes to be extra moist and flavourful.
- In another bowl, mix together the oatmeal, baking powder, and sugar until evenly combined.
- Add the mashed banana and eggs to the oatmeal mixture and stir until fully incorporated.
- Heat a non-stick pan or griddle over medium heat and spread a little butter.
- Pour the pancake batter onto the pan in desired sizes.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes until the edges are set and the bottom is golden brown.
- Flip the pancakes with a spatula and cook for another 2-3 minutes on the other side.
- Serve with a dollop of whipped cream or your favorite syrup.
What ingredients do you need to make oatmeal-banana pancakes?
You can make delicious oatmeal-banana pancakes with just a few simple ingredients! All you’ll need is rolled oats, ripe bananas, some plain yogurt, an egg, and a pinch of cinnamon. To make the pancakes, you’ll also need a blender or food processor and a non-stick skillet.
First, place the rolled oats in a blender or food processor, and blend until you have a fine flour-like consistency. Next, add in the banana, yogurt, egg, and cinnamon, and blend until the ingredients are well combined. If the mixture is too thick, add a splash of milk to thin it out.
Once the batter is ready, heat a non-stick skillet over medium heat and lightly grease it with butter. Spoon the batter onto the skillet, forming pancakes that are about 4-5 inches in diameter. Cook the pancakes until the edges are golden brown and the centers are cooked through. Serve the pancakes warm with a dollop of yogurt and a sprinkle of cinnamon.
How can you customize your oatmeal-banana pancakes to make them even more flavorful?
You can make your oatmeal-banana pancakes even more flavorful by adding a few simple ingredients! There are lots of ways to customize your pancakes to make them even more delicious.
One way to make your pancakes more flavorful is by adding a few tablespoons of cinnamon or nutmeg. This will give your pancakes a warm, comforting flavor that can’t be beat. You can also add a few tablespoons of cocoa powder for a richer, chocolatey taste.
Another way to make your pancakes even more flavorful is to add a little bit of brown sugar. This will add a nice hint of sweetness to your pancakes, and it will also make them even more delicious.
Finally, you can also add some diced fruit to your pancakes. Bananas, apples, and berries all make great additions to oatmeal-banana pancakes. Not only will they add a delicious flavor to your pancakes, but they’ll also add a bit of texture.
These are just a few of the ways you can customize your oatmeal-banana pancakes to make them even more flavorful.
What are some delicious accompaniments for oatmeal-banana pancakes?
If you’ve just made a batch of oatmeal-banana pancakes, you’re probably ready to dive in right away! But why not make it extra special with some delicious accompaniments? Here are a few ideas to inspire you.
For a sweet yet nutritious topping, try pairing your pancakes with a dollop of Greek Yogurt and a sprinkle of honey. The creamy yogurt will bring out the sweetness of the bananas, while the honey will add a nice layer of flavor. Plus, you’ll get a healthy boost of protein.
If you want to go with something more traditional, try topping your pancakes with pure maple syrup. The rich syrup will give your pancakes a delightful sweetness and will bring out the oaty flavor.
If you’re looking for a savory twist, why not try topping your pancakes with a bit of melted butter and some freshly ground black pepper? The butter will add a nice creamy texture, while the pepper will provide a nice kick of flavor.
You can also jazz things up by adding some fun toppings like sliced bananas, peanut butter, or chopped nuts. These will give your pancakes extra crunch and flavor.
No matter what accompaniments you choose, you’ll be sure to enjoy your delicious oatmeal-banana pancakes.
What are some creative ways to enjoy your oatmeal-banana pancakes?
You can enjoy your oatmeal-banana pancakes in so many delicious ways! Here are just a few of our favorites:
- Top them with fresh fruit like blueberries, strawberries, or raspberries. They add an extra layer of sweetness and you’ll be sure to love the burst of flavor.
- Sprinkle on some dark chocolate chips for a decadent treat. The combination of sweet pancakes and rich dark chocolate is unbeatable.
- Add a dollop of nut butter for a protein-packed breakfast. Try creamy peanut butter, almond butter, or even cashew butter for a nutty flavor.
- Make a topping of your favorite nuts and seeds. You can’t go wrong with a classic topping of sliced almonds, sunflower seeds, and pumpkin seeds.
- Drizzle on some honey or maple syrup for a touch of sweetness. It will bring out the flavors of the banana and oatmeal in the pancakes.
- Try adding a sprinkle of cinnamon for a subtle burst of spice. It will add a nice touch of warmth and flavor to your pancakes.