I love this Napa Cabbage Salad with Blue Cheese! It’s so simple to make and it’s a great way to get a delicious, healthy meal on the table in no time. The combination of sweet and savory flavors in this salad is always a hit with my family and friends. I’m sure you’ll love it too!
Napa Cabbage Salad with Blue Cheese Recipe
- • 2 heads of napa cabbage, shredded
- • 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- • 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- • 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- • 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- • 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- • 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- • 3 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
- Start off by getting all your ingredients ready. You’ll need 2 heads of Napa cabbage, 1/3 cup of extra-virgin olive oil, 2 tablespoons of white balsamic vinegar, 1 teaspoon of Dijon mustard, 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder, 1/4 teaspoon of sea salt, and 1/4 teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper.
- Now, let’s start prepping the salad! First, shred the 2 heads of Napa cabbage and place them in a large bowl.
- Now, let’s make the dressing. In a separate bowl, whisk together the 1/3 cup of extra-virgin olive oil, 2 tablespoons of white balsamic vinegar, 1 teaspoon of Dijon mustard, 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder, 1/4 teaspoon of sea salt, and 1/4 teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper.
- Pour the dressing over the Napa cabbage and mix everything together until all the cabbage is evenly coated.
- Finally, top the Napa cabbage salad with the crumbled blue cheese.
- Your Napa Cabbage Salad with Blue Cheese is ready to eat! Enjoy!
- Calories: 166
- Total Fat: 13.7 g
- Saturated Fat: 2.7 g
- Cholesterol: 6.5 mg
- Sodium: 354 mg
- Total Carbohydrate: 10.0 g
- Dietary Fiber: 4.8 g
- Protein: 3.7 g
What is so special about napa cabbage and why should we include it in our salads?
Napa cabbage is an incredibly versatile and special ingredient that you should absolutely include in your salads! With its unique flavor and crunchy texture, napa cabbage adds an extra layer of flavor to salads that can really take them to the next level. Not only is napa cabbage delicious, but it is also incredibly nutritious and packed with vitamins and minerals. It is full of dietary fiber, vitamin C, and B vitamins. Plus, it is low in calories and fat, making it a great addition to any salad.
In addition to its incredible flavor and nutrition, napa cabbage also adds a pop of color to salads. Its bright white and green leaves look beautiful and pair well with a variety of ingredients, including blue cheese, which is commonly used in napa cabbage salads. The combination of the creamy blue cheese and crunchy napa cabbage makes for a truly delicious and satisfying salad.
Napa cabbage is a truly special ingredient that you should make sure to include in your salads.
What tips do you have for making a delicious napa cabbage salad?
You’re in for a treat with a delicious napa cabbage salad! Here are some tips to ensure it comes out perfect every time:
- Start with a fresh head of napa cabbage. Make sure you check for any wilted leaves and give the head a good rinse to get rid of any dirt.
- Slice the cabbage into thin strips and soak in a bowl of cold water to add some crispness.
- For a flavorful dressing, mix together extra-virgin olive oil, white wine vinegar, garlic, and a pinch of sugar.
- Top with crumbled blue cheese and a sprinkle of toasted pecans for a crunchy, salty finish.
What type of blue cheese pairs best with the napa cabbage salad?
If you’re looking for a blue cheese to pair with your napa cabbage salad, you’re in luck! The creamy, tangy flavor of blue cheese is an excellent complement to the crisp and crunchy texture of the cabbage. Plus, the acidity of the blue cheese helps to balance out the sweetness of the salad.
One of the best blue cheeses to pair with this salad is a mild Gorgonzola. Its mild and creamy flavor pairs perfectly with the salad’s ingredients, while its slightly salty taste adds a nice contrast to the sweetness of the salad. Additionally, Gorgonzola’s soft texture helps to create a creamy base for the salad.
Another great option is a creamy Roquefort. This pungent blue cheese is quite salty and works well to enhance the flavor of the cabbage. Additionally, its strong flavor helps to balance out the sweetness of the salad.
Finally, a crumbly blue cheese such as a Shropshire Blue is also an excellent choice for this salad. It has a sharp, tangy flavor that pairs nicely with the salad’s ingredients, and its crumbly texture adds an interesting contrast to the salad’s creamy components.
Whichever blue cheese you choose, you can rest assured that it will be the perfect complement to your napa cabbage salad.
What are the unique flavors and textures that the napa cabbage and blue cheese combination add?
You’re in for a real treat when you combine napa cabbage and blue cheese! Not only does this flavorful combination add a unique and unforgettable taste to any dish, but it also adds an interesting array of textures that you won’t find in most salads. The crunchy, fresh napa cabbage pairs perfectly with the creamy and crumbly blue cheese to create a truly heavenly experience with every bite.
These ingredients are the perfect match for each other, as the mildness and crunch of the cabbage allow the sharpness of the blue cheese to take center stage. The salty and tangy flavors of the cheese balance out the crunchy texture of the cabbage, creating a dynamic flavor that’s truly unforgettable. This salad is sure to be a hit at any gathering, as the flavors and textures are sure to please even the pickiest of eaters.
The pairing of napa cabbage and blue cheese is a classic for a reason, and it’s sure to be a crowd pleaser. The combination of the two creates a unique, flavorful experience that can’t be replicated with any other ingredients. So the next time you’re looking to serve up a delicious salad, don’t forget to add a little napa cabbage and blue cheese for maximum flavor and texture.
What are some other ingredients that pair nicely with napa cabbage and blue cheese?
You can create a delicious napa cabbage salad with blue cheese by adding a few other flavorful ingredients to the mix! Here are some great options to consider:
- Apples: Apples offer a sweet crunch to the salad, and pair wonderfully with the sharpness of the blue cheese.
- Walnuts: Roasted walnuts provide a lovely nutty flavor to the salad and add another layer of texture.
- Cranberries: The tartness of cranberries complements the blue cheese and brings a burst of fruity flavor.
- Onions: Adding some sliced onions creates a savory component to the salad, and adds a bit of zing.
- Avocado: The creamy texture of avocado makes a great addition to the salad, while its mild flavor adds depth without overpowering the other ingredients.
With these additions, you can create a delicious napa cabbage salad with blue cheese that is filled with flavor and texture.
How can you dress up a napa cabbage salad to make it more interesting?
You can easily dress up a napa cabbage salad to make it more interesting! Start by adding crunchy, salty elements like roasted nuts, toasted seeds, or bacon crumbles. For added texture, add fresh, diced fruits like apples, pears, or grapes. To make the salad more substantial, include cooked grains like quinoa, barley, or farro. Or, if you want to keep the salad light and fresh, top it with grilled shrimp or chicken. Lastly, don’t forget to add a delicious, tangy blue cheese dressing to really bring out the flavors.
What are some creative ways to serve a napa cabbage salad?
You can get creative and have a lot of fun with a Napa cabbage salad! Here are some creative ways you can serve it.
- Slaw-Style: Shred your Napa cabbage and combine with your favorite slaw dressing. Add in shredded carrots, sliced apples, and crumbled blue cheese for a delicious and colorful salad.
- Asian-Style: For an Asian twist, mix together shredded Napa cabbage with sesame oil, soy sauce, and rice vinegar. Top it off with chopped peanuts, cilantro, and scallions for an extra burst of flavor.
- Taco Salad: Use your Napa cabbage salad as a crunchy taco salad. Fry up some ground beef and mix in your favorite taco seasoning. Serve in a bowl and top with a generous helping of Napa cabbage salad.
- Ceviche: Make a ceviche-style Napa cabbage salad. Mix together fresh lemon juice, diced tomatoes, and fresh cilantro. Add in some cooked shrimp or crab and your Napa cabbage salad.
- Mediterranean Style: For a Mediterranean-style Napa cabbage salad, mix together chopped cucumber, feta cheese, and olives. Drizzle with olive oil and a squeeze of fresh lemon juice.
No matter how you serve it, a Napa cabbage salad makes for a tasty and creative side dish.