As someone who loves to fill their kitchen with the tantalizing aromas of various spices, I’m always looking for new recipes to try out. Recently, I came across a Mild Coconut Chicken Curry recipe that has quickly become my favorite. With its fragrant blend of spices and creamy coconut milk, this is a dish that always has my family coming back for seconds. It’s a delicious way to enjoy the flavors of Indian cuisine, without the overwhelming heat. And best of all, it’s easy to make and ready in less than an hour!
Mild Coconut Chicken Curry Recipe
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup canned coconut milk
- 2 cups cooked chicken, cut into small pieces
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- cooked white rice, for serving
- Ready to make a delicious Mild Coconut Chicken Curry? Let’s get started! First, grab a large skillet and heat 2 tablespoons of coconut oil over medium heat.
- Once the oil is hot, add in 3 cloves of minced garlic and all of the spices: ground ginger, cumin, coriander, turmeric, cinnamon, cayenne pepper, and salt. Stir everything together and let it cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Now, add in the canned coconut milk and the cooked chicken pieces. Stir everything together and let it simmer for about 45 minutes.
- After 45 minutes, add in the frozen peas and chopped cilantro. Stir everything together and let it simmer for an additional 15 minutes.
- Once everything is cooked through, your Mild Coconut Chicken Curry is ready to be served! Serve it over cooked white rice and enjoy!
- Calories: 379
- Fat: 23 g
- Saturated Fat: 18 g
- Carbohydrate: 8 g
- Sugar: 3 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 28 g
- Cholesterol: 136 mg
- Sodium: 717 mg
What makes mild coconut chicken curry a great dish?
Mild Coconut Chicken Curry is a great dish because it packs a flavorful punch without being overly spicy. The smooth, creamy coconut milk and fragrant spices create a delicious balance of spicy and sweet that’s sure to please a variety of palates. The mild heat of the curry is perfect for those who don’t like spicy food, but still want to enjoy the flavor of a classic curry dish. Plus, it’s easy to make and comes together in just a few simple steps.
The key to making this delicious curry is to use quality ingredients. Start with fresh or frozen chicken breasts or thighs and pair it with a fragrant blend of spices. Garlic and ginger are essential, while coriander and cumin add earthy complexity to the dish. Curry powder and chili powder provide the base heat, while the coconut milk helps to balance out the flavors.
This Mild Coconut Chicken Curry is a great option for busy weeknights. It takes just over 30 minutes to prepare, and it’s a great way to get a hearty meal on the table quickly. Serve it with steamed rice, naan, or even mashed potatoes for a complete meal. It’s also perfect for meal prep and can be made ahead of time and stored in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Mild Coconut Chicken Curry is a great dish for those who don’t like overly spicy food, but still want the flavor of a classic curry dish. With its fragrant spices, creamy coconut milk, and mild heat, it’s sure to please a variety of palates. Plus, it’s easy to make and great for busy weeknights or meal prep.
What ingredients are needed to make mild coconut chicken curry?
Making mild coconut chicken curry is a breeze! All you need is boneless, skinless chicken thighs, curry powder, garlic, onion, chicken broth, light coconut milk, sugar, and salt. This delicious and flavorful dish is sure to be a hit with your family and friends!
To get started, season the chicken with curry powder, garlic, and salt. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and add a few tablespoons of oil. When the oil is hot, add the chicken and cook until lightly browned.
Next, add in the onion, garlic, and chicken broth. Simmer for a few minutes, stirring occasionally. Then, add the light coconut milk and sugar, stirring to combine. Bring the mixture to a simmer and cook for about 10 minutes.
Finally, season the curry with salt to taste and let the flavors come together for a few minutes. Serve with cooked white rice, warm naan bread, or your favorite side dish.
Are there any health benefits associated with mild coconut chicken curry?
Yes! Mild coconut chicken curry is a flavorful and nutritious dish that offers a variety of health benefits. Here are just a few of the reasons why mild coconut chicken curry should be part of your regular diet:
- It’s a great source of lean protein. Chicken is a lean meat, and when cooked in a mild coconut curry sauce, it’s a great way to get your daily protein intake without consuming too many calories.
- It’s packed with vitamins and minerals. Coconut milk and curry paste are full of vitamins and minerals, including Vitamin B6, Vitamin C, and Manganese. All these nutrients support the health of your heart, skin, bones, and much more.
- It’s low in saturated fat. Coconut milk and chicken both contain some saturated fat, but this dish is relatively low in saturated fat compared to other coconut-based dishes.
- It’s full of flavor. Mild coconut chicken curry is a delicious and flavorful dish that’s sure to please your taste buds. The mild curry paste and coconut milk give the dish a unique and delicious flavor that will make it a regular part of your dinner rotation.
So if you’re looking for a nutritious and flavorful meal, mild coconut chicken curry should be your go-to dish.
What makes mild coconut chicken curry a great family meal?
Mild Coconut Chicken Curry is a great family meal for so many reasons! This delicious and nutritious dish is packed with flavor and has a mild heat that won’t overwhelm even the youngest members of the family. Plus, it’s simple to prepare and can be made with pantry staples that you likely already have on hand. It’s also easy to customize to your family’s tastes, so everyone can enjoy it.
Is mild coconut chicken curry an easy dish to make?
Yes, mild coconut chicken curry is an easy dish to make! It has flavorful ingredients, including a creamy coconut milk base and a bounty of aromatic spices. Plus, it only takes a few simple steps to create a delicious meal that everyone will love.
For those looking to try something new, mild coconut chicken curry is a great option. It’s milder than other traditional curries, making it a great introduction to the cuisine. Plus, it’s packed with nutrients and vitamins, making it a great choice for a balanced meal.
To create this delicious dish, you’ll need a few key ingredients. First, you’ll need boneless chicken, along with some coconut milk, onions, garlic, and a few spices. You’ll then fry the chicken and onions until the chicken is cooked through, and add the remaining ingredients. Simmer for about 15 minutes, and you’ll have a delicious, fragrant curry.
Mild coconut chicken curry is also great because of its versatility. You can easily customize it with your favorite vegetables, proteins, or spices. You can also adjust the spiciness to different levels, making it a great dish for everyone to enjoy.
Overall, mild coconut chicken curry is an easy dish to make. With a few simple ingredients and steps, you can make a hearty and flavorful meal that everyone will love.
How can mild coconut chicken curry be adapted to fit different dietary preferences?
Making a delicious mild coconut chicken curry can be easily adapted to fit different dietary needs and preferences. Whether you’re looking for a vegan, gluten-free, or low-carb option, this classic dish can be easily tweaked to meet any dietary requirement. Here’s a few ideas to get you started:
Vegan: The key to making a vegan version of this mild coconut chicken curry is to swap out the chicken and replace it with a vegan-friendly protein, like tofu or seitan. You can also use vegetable broth in place of the chicken broth, and replace the fish sauce with a vegan-friendly version.
Gluten-free: To make a gluten-free version of this curry, simply make sure to use gluten-free curry powder and substitute the soy sauce with a gluten-free version. You can also use gluten-free flour or cornstarch to thicken the sauce.
Low-carb: To make your mild coconut chicken curry low-carb, omit the sugar and use a low-carb sweetener instead. You can also reduce the amount of coconut milk and use a low-carb alternative, like almond milk or coconut water. Finally, skip the traditional basmati rice and opt for a low-carb side, like cauliflower rice.
No matter what dietary preference you’re catering to, you can make a delicious mild coconut chicken curry that everyone can enjoy. With a few simple swaps, this classic dish can be a go-to for any gathering.