I’m an avid home cook, and one of my all-time favorite recipes to make is Mexican Lasagna. I’ve been making this recipe for years, and it never fails to satisfy my cravings for Mexican food. It’s packed with flavor, and I love that it’s so easy to customize for different tastes. Plus, it’s the perfect dish to serve for dinner parties and family gatherings. I’m always amazed at how quickly it comes together and at how much everyone enjoys it. Mexican Lasagna is definitely a new classic in my kitchen.
Mexican Lasagna Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 8 (8 inch) flour tortillas
- 2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add ground beef and onion and cook, stirring and breaking up the beef with a spatula, until the beef is no longer pink and the onion is translucent, about 7-8 minutes.
- Add garlic, chili powder, cumin, oregano, and cayenne pepper and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Add diced tomatoes, green chilies, black beans, tomato sauce and beef broth. Stir to combine. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, spread 1/4 cup of the beef mixture in the bottom of a 9×13 inch baking dish. Top with 2 flour tortillas. Spread 1/3 of the beef mixture over the tortillas and sprinkle with 1/3 of the cheese. Repeat layering two more times. Top with remaining 2 tortillas and remaining beef mixture.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Cover baking dish with aluminum foil.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
- Calories: 554 kcal
- Carbohydrates: 36g
- Protein: 37g
- Fat: 25g
- Saturated Fat: 12g
- Cholesterol: 103mg
- Sodium: 1020mg
- Potassium: 835mg
- Fiber: 10g
- Sugar: 9g
- Vitamin A: 825 IU
- Vitamin C: 17.5mg
- Calcium: 282mg
- Iron: 5.2mg
What is mexican lasagna?
Mexican Lasagna is a type of layered casserole that combines the flavors of Mexican cuisine with the classic comfort food of lasagna. It is made with layers of tortillas, ground beef, enchilada sauce, refried beans, cheese, and other flavorful ingredients. The result is a delicious and hearty meal that is sure to please any crowd. Mexican Lasagna is a great way to get creative with leftovers or to quickly whip up a hearty meal.
Traditional lasagna is made with noodles, cheese, and tomato sauce, but Mexican Lasagna swaps out the noodles for tortillas and the tomato sauce for enchilada sauce. The result is a dish that is full of flavor, texture, and color. The ground beef and refried beans provide protein and a great base for the other ingredients. The cheese adds a creamy richness that helps bring all the flavors together.
This dish can be made with any type of tortilla – flour or corn, white or yellow. You can also use a combination of different types for a more interesting flavor. The enchilada sauce and other seasonings can be adjusted to taste, allowing you to make a dish that is as mild or spicy as you prefer. Topping the Mexican Lasagna with a dollop of sour cream or guacamole adds a nice touch.
Mexican Lasagna is a great way to bring together the flavors of Mexican cuisine in a classic comfort food dish. It is easy to make, requiring only a few simple steps. With its layers of tortillas, ground beef, enchilada sauce, refried beans, and cheese, Mexican Lasagna is sure to be a hit at any gathering.
What are the benefits of making mexican lasagna?
How do you create a flavorful mexican lasagna?
Creating a flavorful Mexican Lasagna is a simple task that requires combining the right ingredients and layering the flavors. Here are some tips to help you make a delicious Mexican Lasagna:
- Use high-quality ingredients for the base of your Mexican Lasagna. This could include ground beef, onions, garlic, diced tomatoes, and various spices.
- Layer different flavors in your Mexican Lasagna. Start with a layer of enchilada sauce on the bottom, then a layer of the beef mixture, followed by a layer of cheese, and repeat this layering until all of your ingredients are used up.
- Add vegetables such as bell peppers and corn to the layers of your Mexican Lasagna to boost the flavor and nutrition.
- Top the Mexican Lasagna with a layer of cheese and then bake it in the oven until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Finally, top the Mexican Lasagna with a dollop of sour cream, diced avocado, and cilantro for a burst of flavor.
What are the best tips for making mexican lasagna?
Start with a layer of corn tortillas – this will help keep the lasagna from becoming soggy.
- Add a layer of cooked ground beef or chicken mixed with taco seasoning for a protein-packed layer.
- Top with a layer of salsa and a layer of cheese.
- For a creamy layer, mix together sour cream, cream cheese, and diced green chilies.
- Add another layer of corn tortillas, followed by a layer of cooked ground beef or chicken mixed with taco seasoning, salsa, and cheese.
- Top with a layer of cooked black beans or refried beans.
- For a crunchy topping, mix together crushed tortilla chips, melted butter, and Mexican-style cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Let the lasagna cool for 10 minutes before serving.
What are the key ingredients in mexican lasagna?
The key ingredients in Mexican Lasagna are tortillas, cheese, beans, and chiles. These ingredients are essential for a traditional Mexican Lasagna that is packed with flavor.
Tortillas provide the base for the dish, giving it a unique texture as well as allowing for easy layering. Cheese is a crucial element in Mexican Lasagna. It acts as a binding agent, keeping the layers together and adding a savory flavor. Beans are a great source of protein, providing a hearty and filling dish. Lastly, chiles are often added to provide a kick of spice.
Mexican Lasagna can also be customized with different ingredients. Some popular additions include refried beans, salsa, meat, and vegetables. To make a vegetarian version, add extra beans, vegetables, and cheese. For a spicier version, add more chiles or a spicy salsa.
To make the perfect Mexican Lasagna, layer the tortillas, cheese, beans, and chiles. Bake until the cheese is melted and the lasagna is hot and bubbly. Serve with a dollop of sour cream and a sprinkle of chopped cilantro.