Delicious Matcha Green Tea Pancakes Recipe
Nothing says weekend like a fresh stack of warm pancakes! And my favorite way to start the day is with these delicious Matcha Green Tea Pancakes. I love the subtle hint of green tea that comes through in every bite, and the vibrant color of these pancakes is just so inviting. Plus, the recipe comes together quickly and the ingredients are easy to find. I’m always surprised at how much flavor this simple recipe packs in!
Matcha Green Tea Pancakes Recipe
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons matcha green tea powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Optional: fresh berries for topping
- Get ready to make some delicious Matcha Green Tea Pancakes! Gather all of your ingredients, including 1 cup all-purpose flour, 2 tablespoons granulated sugar, 2 teaspoons baking powder, 1/2 teaspoon baking soda, 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1 large egg, 1 cup whole milk, 2 tablespoons butter, melted, 2 tablespoons matcha green tea powder, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, and, if desired, some fresh berries for topping.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, beat together the egg, milk, melted butter, matcha green tea powder, and vanilla extract.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until just combined.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Once the skillet is hot, spoon about 1/4 cup of batter onto the skillet and spread it into a circle.
- Cook for about 2-3 minutes until the edges look dry and bubbles appear on the surface.
- Flip the pancake over and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes.
- Repeat with the remaining batter.
- Serve the pancakes with some fresh berries and a sprinkling of powdered sugar, if desired. Enjoy!
- Calories: 140
- Total Fat: 5g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Cholesterol: 30mg
- Sodium: 220mg
- Total Carbohydrate: 20g
- Dietary Fiber: 1g
- Sugars: 7g
- Protein: 4g
What makes matcha green tea pancakes so special?
What makes matcha green tea pancakes so special? Well, for starters, matcha green tea is a superfood that is packed with antioxidants. It’s also full of natural energy, which makes it the perfect choice for a tasty breakfast. Matcha green tea pancakes are made with a unique blend of matcha green tea powder, all-purpose flour, sugar, and baking powder. The combination of flavors creates a delicious and unique taste that you won’t find anywhere else. The pancakes also have a beautiful bright green color that will make any breakfast plate look amazing.
Beyond the taste and aesthetics, matcha green tea pancakes offer amazing health benefits. The powerful antioxidants found in matcha are said to help boost the immune system and fight free radicals, making them a nutritious start to your day. Additionally, matcha is believed to help boost concentration and alertness, making it a great pre-workout snack. And because matcha is naturally low in calories, it’s a healthier alternative to traditional breakfast options.
All in all, matcha green tea pancakes are a delicious, nutritious, and unique breakfast option that is sure to keep you energized throughout the day. The unique flavor and vibrant color make them the perfect way to start your morning, and their health benefits make them a great choice for any health-conscious eater.
How to choose the best matcha powder for your pancakes?
Choosing the best matcha powder for your pancakes is easy! Here are a few tips to make sure you get the most out of your pancakes:
- Look for a matcha powder that is high-quality and certified organic. It should have a rich, deep green color and a smooth texture.
- Buy from a trusted source. Ask around for recommendations from experienced matcha drinkers or search online for reviews.
- Choose a powder that is labeled “ceremonial grade” or “culinary grade”. Ceremonial grade is more expensive but has more antioxidants, making it best suited for traditional tea ceremonies. Culinary grade has more of an intense flavor and is best for cooking.
- Try different brands of matcha powder before settling on one. There are many brands on the market with different flavor profiles. You may find that one brand’s matcha works better for your pancakes than another.
- Start with a small amount of matcha powder and adjust the amount to your taste. Too much matcha powder can be overpowering, so start with a small amount and gradually increase it.
How to make sure your matcha green tea pancakes are fluffy and delicious?
If you’re looking to make sure your matcha green tea pancakes are fluffy and delicious, here’s what you’ll need to do:
- Use the right kind of matcha! Make sure to use a high quality matcha powder, as this will ensure that your pancakes have a delicious matcha flavor.
- Use buttermilk or soy milk. These two kinds of non-dairy milks will make sure your pancakes are fluffy and moist.
- Use a non-stick pan. This will prevent your pancakes from sticking to the pan and make sure you get the perfect pancakes.
- Use a good quality non-stick cooking spray. This will help your pancakes to cook evenly and make sure that they don’t stick.
- Add some extra sweetness. Adding a tablespoon of sugar or some honey to the batter will give your pancakes an extra bit of sweetness.
- Don’t overmix the batter. A few lumps in the batter is normal, but if you overmix it, your pancakes will be dense and not fluffy.
- Don’t flip the pancakes too early. Wait until the top of the pancakes look mostly dry before you flip them. This will ensure that they are cooked perfectly.
- Serve them hot. Make sure to serve your pancakes while they are still hot, so they will be extra fluffy and delicious.
What are the health benefits of eating matcha green tea pancakes?
Are you looking for a delicious breakfast item that will not only tantalize your taste buds but also provide you with some amazing health benefits? If so, then you should try making Matcha Green Tea Pancakes! Not only are these pancakes absolutely delicious, but they also have some impressive health benefits that you won’t want to miss out on. Here are some of the amazing health benefits of eating Matcha Green Tea Pancakes:
- Boosts Energy: Matcha Green Tea Pancakes are a great way to start your day because the matcha green tea powder in the pancakes helps to give you an energy boost. The caffeine in the matcha green tea powder helps to give you a mild energy boost without the jitters or crashes from coffee.
- Rich in Antioxidants: Matcha green tea powder is one of the most concentrated sources of antioxidants, which can help to protect your cells from damage caused by free radicals. These antioxidants can help to improve your overall health and well-being.
- Protein and Fiber: Matcha Green Tea Pancakes are a great source of protein and fiber. The protein helps to keep you full for longer and the fiber helps to keep your digestive system functioning properly.
- Lower Cholesterol: Matcha green tea powder is known to help reduce cholesterol levels in the body. This can help to reduce your risk of heart disease and other related health problems.
These are just a few of the amazing health benefits of eating Matcha Green Tea Pancakes.
Why you should add matcha syrup to your pancakes?
Adding matcha syrup to your pancakes is a must! It’s a great way to give your pancakes a unique yet delicious twist. Matcha syrup has an earthy, grassy flavor that goes perfectly with the soft, fluffy texture of pancakes. Plus, it’s packed with healthy antioxidants and vitamins, making it a great option for breakfast or a snack.
But why should you opt for matcha syrup over other syrups? Here are some great benefits of matcha syrup that make it a great choice for your pancakes:
- It adds an extra punch of flavor to your pancakes. Matcha syrup has a distinct grassy flavor that adds a unique taste to your pancakes. Plus, it’s not overly sweet, so you can enjoy the flavor without feeling overloaded with sugar.
- Matcha syrup has health benefits. Matcha is rich in antioxidants and vitamins, making it a great choice for anyone looking to add a healthy twist to their pancakes.
- Matcha syrup is easy to make. All you need is some matcha powder and a few other ingredients, and you can whip up your own matcha syrup in no time.
Adding matcha syrup to your pancakes is an easy way to make them even more delicious. It adds a unique flavor, and it’s packed with health benefits.
What other ingredients should you add to your matcha pancakes?
When making matcha pancakes, you can add a variety of ingredients to make them even more delicious! For a nutty flavor, try adding chopped walnuts or almonds. Sunflower seeds are a great option as well. For added texture, you can add oats or crushed granola. You can also add some sweet ingredients like dried fruit, chocolate chips, or shredded coconut to make your pancakes even more indulgent. If you want to give your pancakes a flavor boost, try adding some cinnamon or nutmeg.
Adding superfoods like chia seeds or flaxseed meal is a great way to make your pancakes even more nutritious. You can also top your pancakes with fresh fruit, like berries, bananas, or apples, to give them a fruity flavor. For a finishing touch, try adding a sprinkle of shredded cheese, or a spoonful of Greek yogurt.
No matter what ingredients you add, your matcha pancakes are sure to be delicious and nutritious.
What to serve with matcha pancakes?
If you’re serving up a stack of scrumptious matcha green tea pancakes, you’ll want to pair them with some amazing accompaniments! Whether you’re looking for a savory or sweet treat, there’s something to tantalize everyone’s taste buds. For a light and refreshing combination, try adding some sliced kiwi and a dollop of Greek yogurt. The sweetness of the kiwi pairs perfectly with the earthy, grassy notes of the matcha. For a more decadent experience, try topping your pancakes with a generous drizzle of honey and a sprinkle of roasted macadamia nuts. The combination of the crunchy nuts and creamy honey is a perfect balance to the matcha pancakes.