I have a sweet spot for homemade cakes, especially when they taste as delicious as this Lemon Ricotta Cake. I remember the first time I ever tried this cake was during a summer barbecue with my family. We all took a bite and were immediately blown away by the moist and fluffy texture, combined with the sweet and tart lemon flavor. It was truly a heavenly experience! If you’re looking for a simple and delicious dessert, I highly recommend this Lemon Ricotta Cake. It’s sure to be a hit with everyone.
Lemon Ricotta Cake Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- 1 ½ cups ricotta cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- ½ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ½ cup confectioners’ sugar for dusting (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (176°C). Grease and flour a 9-inch (23 cm) round cake pan.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In a large bowl, use an electric mixer to cream together the sugar and butter until light and fluffy. Beat in the ricotta cheese until well blended.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time, followed by the vanilla extract, lemon zest, and lemon juice.
- Gradually add in the dry ingredients and mix until just combined, being careful not to overmix.
- Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan and bake in the preheated oven for 40-50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
- Dust with confectioners’ sugar, if desired. Enjoy!
- Calories: 356 kcal, Carbohydrates: 39.5 g, Protein: 9.1 g, Fat: 17.5 g, Saturated Fat: 10.3 g, Cholesterol: 111 mg, Sodium: 282 mg, Potassium: 181 mg, Fiber: 1.5 g, Sugar: 20.3 g, Vitamin A: 585 IU, Vitamin C: 8 mg, Calcium: 128 mg, Iron: 1.6 mg
What makes this lemon ricotta cake so special?
This lemon ricotta cake is special because of its unique combination of flavors and textures. The light and fluffy ricotta gives it an almost creamy texture, while the zesty lemon zest and juice give it a refreshing citrus flavor. The addition of almond flour adds a nutty flavor and just enough of a crunch to add interest.
How can i create a moist and flavorful cake?
Creating a moist and flavorful cake doesn’t have to be intimidating. With a few simple ingredients, you can make a delicious Lemon Ricotta Cake that will impress your friends and family.
To start, preheat the oven to 350°F and lightly grease a 9-inch round cake pan. Then, in a medium-sized bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt. In a separate bowl, beat together butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
Next, add in ricotta, lemon zest and juice, and vanilla extract. Slowly add in the dry ingredients, stirring until just combined. Finally, pour the batter into the prepared cake pan and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Let the cake cool before sprinkling with powdered sugar. For an extra lemony flavor, add a few drops of lemon oil or extract.
What are some tips to make sure my cake is a success?
Make sure to use high-quality ingredients – the better the ingredients, the better the cake!
- Use room-temperature ingredients; it helps the batter mix together more easily.
- Make sure to measure the ingredients accurately.
- Use the correct amount of baking powder and baking soda for the recipe; too much will cause the cake to rise too quickly and collapse.
- Don’t overmix the batter; this can cause the cake to be dense and heavy.
- Bake the cake on the center rack of the oven to ensure even baking.
- Test the cake for doneness with a toothpick inserted into the center; if it comes out clean, the cake is done.
- Let the cake cool completely before frosting or decorating.
What are the key ingredients to make this delicious dessert?
If you’re looking to bake up a delicious Lemon Ricotta Cake, there are a few key ingredients you’ll need! To make sure your cake has that melt-in-your-mouth flavor, you’ll need ricotta cheese, butter, sugar, eggs, lemons, all-purpose flour, baking powder, and a pinch of salt.
For the ricotta cheese, you’ll want to look for a full-fat version for the best flavor. The butter should also be at room temperature so it mixes well with the other ingredients. To get the perfect lemon flavor, you’ll need the zest and juice of at least two lemons.
In terms of dry ingredients, you’ll need all-purpose flour, baking powder, and a pinch of salt. The all-purpose flour provides structure and structure while the baking powder helps the cake rise. Finally, the salt helps to balance out the sweetness.
Once you’ve gathered all your ingredients, you’re ready to get baking! With these key ingredients, you’ll be able to whip up a delicious Lemon Ricotta Cake that’s sure to be a hit with your friends and family.
What can i do to make this cake stand out?
If you’re looking to make your Lemon Ricotta Cake stand out, you’re in luck! There are a few simple tricks you can use to add a unique twist to this classic Italian recipe.
One way to make the cake stand out is to add some unexpected flavors. For example, you can add a teaspoon of ground cardamom or a pinch of freshly grated nutmeg to the batter for an unexpected flavor boost. Or, you can top the cake with a drizzle of honey or a sprinkle of cinnamon to give it an extra hint of sweetness.
You can also add a unique twist to the presentation. Decorate the cake with lemon zest or fresh herbs for a colorful and eye-catching garnish. Or, you can use cookie cutters to cut out shapes from the top of the cake. You can then top the cake with the cut-outs for a fun and creative decoration.
If you’re feeling extra adventurous, you can even try making a savory version of the cake. Instead of sugar, use a combination of herbs and cheese for a savory twist.
No matter how you choose to make your Lemon Ricotta Cake stand out, the possibilities are endless.
What are some creative ways to serve this cake?
Serving up a Lemon Ricotta Cake can be a delicious treat for any occasion, and there are plenty of creative ways to do it! Here are some of our favorites:
- Try topping it with fresh fruit and a sprinkle of powdered sugar for a light, summery twist.
- Make it an ice cream cake by layering scoops of your favorite flavor between the layers of the cake.
- Dress it up with a dollop of whipped cream and some fresh mint leaves.
- Serve it with a side of warm lemon curd for a tangy, citrusy flavor.
- Decorate it with candied lemons and a drizzle of honey for a touch of sweetness.